Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → i watched through all of my little pony: friendship is lemagic
i watched through all of my little pony: friendship is lemagic
2013-08-30, 7:48 PM #1
and i unironically enjoyed every minute of it

this thread is for discussion of just how good the canterlot wedding/crystal empire plot is and your favourite musical number
discussion of ideas of what the showrunners might do with twilights character in the new season also acceptable

i thought you all should know that im gayer then any of you ever thought possible

that le is a typo i apologize
2013-08-30, 7:57 PM #2
>>untie shoes
2013-08-30, 9:08 PM #3
oh my god of course you would be a brony

f***s sake tibby
DO NOT WANT.
2013-08-30, 9:31 PM #4
i dunno if that makes me a brony
i just enjoy watching a cartoon now and again, and that cartoon happens to be about cartoon ponies
well i guess that does but it's not like i post on 4chan or buy dolls, plus i shave and wear deodorant.

i always found the hate kind of weird. like, i can't just decide "Well, since some weird people also enjoy this television show, I won't enjoy it." and then adjust my brain so that I don't enjoy said show. I enjoy it, I can't not enjoy it. If that makes me a bad person then well.

I guess I'm hitler.

Furthermore I find it odd that I could have made the same thread, replaced "My Little Pony" with "Adventure Time/Regular Show/Duck Tales/Rescue Rangers/Inspector Gadget, etc" and, while maybe being a little weird, there would be no major backlash. While I get that "A cartoon aimed at little girls is different then those cartoons!", why does that matter?
2013-08-30, 9:36 PM #5
no bronies are people who like my little pony specifically

and im not sure why but they cant be like other people who like a show and just like it by themselves, they have to tell everyone else that they like it and that they aren't ashamed of it

hence this thread
DO NOT WANT.
2013-08-30, 9:38 PM #6
I'm bored and I want an internet fight humor me.
Plus honestly I would love to discuss some of the neat recurring elements in the show like the greek myth references, didn't Adventure Time get a thread or two?

anybody wanna quake 2 deathmatch

Man that typo makes me look like an idiot.
2013-08-30, 9:50 PM #7
Quote:
Man that typo makes me look like an idiot.

No it doesn't.
2013-08-30, 9:54 PM #8
Is the joke "you already look like an idiot."?
3/5
2013-08-30, 9:59 PM #9
Tibby, you disappoint me.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-08-30, 10:07 PM #10
Tibby I am glad you have found a show that you like.

I myself watched the first couple episodes of it to see what all the hype was about, but it didn't hook me. Oh well. To each his own.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-08-30, 11:01 PM #11
I started watching it with a mentality that anybody who enjoys it must be terrible or some sort of pedophile. The show was like some sort of pandoras box and if I ever watched it I would immediately be a bad person, naturally then I couldn't stop myself.
Then I kept at it because I enjoyed the innocent light humor,especially since I was depressed at the time.
Then I watched Winter Wrap Up and fell in love with the thing, it just got more well done from that point on.

The thing is I get not liking it, I don't get not liking people for liking it.

Idea: This thread is now "Things that are weird that you like."

I really need to put more effort into OPs, I'm sorry this one is so terrible I was in a weird state of mind when I wrote it.
2013-08-30, 11:08 PM #12
Season one was good.
2013-08-30, 11:12 PM #13
Season One felt like it was mostly generic cartoon plots to me, Season 2 was hecka better done, probably because Hasbro realized they were sitting on a gold mine.
The Canterlot Wedding/Crystal Empire four part episode (Season 2 finale, 3 premiere) is basically worthy of being a 90s Disney movie.
Season 3 is fantastic, and the Season 3 finale is one of the tightest animated shows I've ever seen I loved it.
Literally excited for season 4, partially because I'm expecting more of the same quality, and partially because I want to see what the show runners are going to do now that Twlight's character arc has completed. Hoping to see some more of Luna too, her character is interesting.
Furthermore I'm totally gay for animated musical numbers and this show is loaded with them.
2013-08-30, 11:17 PM #14
I unironically enjoyed every minute of it as well. I even have a WWTSD sticker on my car and a little Rainbow Dash on my desk at work.

There's a really excellent webcomic out there as well that follows the basis of the episodes being basically scenarios in a D&D campaign. Eg, Fluttershy is a druid, Rainbow Dash is a barbarian, Rarity is a rogue, Twilight Sparkle is a sorceress, Pinky Pie is the bard, and Applejack is the ranger. Obviously.

Your next mission is to watch through My Little Pony: Friendship is Witchcraft. It adds even more layers of brilliance to the show.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2013-08-30, 11:18 PM #15
I dunno, is it weird fanwank ****? If Meghan McCarthy or the other writers aren't in on it I don't want it.
I watched the ~Equestria Girls~ movie and it was a terrible pile of crap, understandable because it's one goal was to sell a new line of dolls to teenagers, but the fact that we missed out on 13 episodes of season 3 because of it makes my butt sore.
2013-08-30, 11:20 PM #16
oh my god adults are watching cartoons coolmatty delete my account forever i'm outta here
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2013-08-30, 11:37 PM #17
I wish you had played Deus Ex: Nihilum instead. According to some of the YT playthrough videos, apparently TODOA's wrench puzzle is the pinnacle of gameplay compared to it!

Speaking of TODOA, for some reason I haven't been able to play/watch almost anything new ever since I started working on it for the last time in mid-2008. It's like if there isn't something incredibly catchy (i.e. something that really grabs my attention) right in the beginning, I lose interest and (so far) never take a glance at it again (major exceptions of course being DX:HR and S4 of Arrested Development). This new MLP series was one of those that lacked the catch for me. So good for you!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-08-30, 11:47 PM #18
Also in the last month: Sold my desktop and laptop and financed a retina 15'' MBP with the proceeds.
It owns I love it so much. It can even run Arma 3 decently at 1680 so that fills all my needs.

Massassi August Update ITT
2013-08-31, 12:17 AM #19
Financed?

Are you really paying 15% interest on a $2000 facebook machine
2013-08-31, 12:23 AM #20
It's important for him to know what people think of Miley Cyrus twerking.
>>untie shoes
2013-08-31, 12:26 AM #21
No I paid for it with the money from my desktop/laptop.
2013-08-31, 1:19 AM #22
Friendship is Witchcraft is hilarious I love it.
2013-08-31, 1:53 PM #23
Hey guys I just ate a cheeto.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2013-08-31, 3:17 PM #24
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjGURoz1QCI
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-08-31, 4:26 PM #25
are those credits accurate
jesus goddamn

no im just dumb upon watching 30 secodns the answer to that is clear
2013-08-31, 5:55 PM #26
no cloud :(
2013-08-31, 8:28 PM #27
is that shining armours actual voice actor
if it's not they got a really good sound a like
2013-08-31, 9:12 PM #28
In all honesty, this is something I will never understand the appeal of. It's like grown adults who watch Spongebob. I mean, I can understand watching a show that you watched when you were a kid or something, even though they're generally awful in retrospect, but I just don't see the value in modern kid's programming at all. Nearly every show I watched as a kid (aside from Batman TAS) is pretty much awful as an adult, and it seems to be pretty much the same with today's programming.
>>untie shoes
2013-08-31, 9:47 PM #29
I'm gay for animated musicals and like the innocent humor. There is moderate depth the characters and plot too, not Les Miserables levels of depth, but enough that it's interesting.
That's literally it.
2013-08-31, 10:18 PM #30
What's the deal with saying you're "gay" for something?
>>untie shoes
2013-08-31, 10:43 PM #31
I dunno, it's a stupid thing but whatever.
I'm uh, uniquely predisposed to enjoying cartoon musicals at a level most people don't.
2013-09-01, 2:27 AM #32
Then again, they have intentionally put stuff into kids' shows that would appeal into adults as well. So things mainly meant for children can appeal to anyone, really - and there's nothing wrong with that.

That's why Star Wars is immensely popular.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-09-01, 2:55 AM #33
The references to greek myths (Building an episode up entirely to use Icarus imagery was pretty grand.), are quite fantastic yet.
Canterlot Wedding wherein the Damsel in Distress, helped by the Female Lead Character, saves the Strong Male Character and defeats the antagonist through peaceful means was a clever way to tell faery tale/cartoon cliches to get right out too. It's like it was written entirely as a rebuttal to Disney.
It's still a very basic plot, but it's got that going for it. Meghan McCarthy is a good writer.
2013-09-01, 2:58 AM #34
I'm really glad I'm finally able to spill my guts on the things I found well done from this show, finally.
It's not like I can talk about to any of my actual friends, all I've got is my brother (14) and this thread.
2013-09-01, 1:47 PM #35
well, you could also join a support group
2013-09-01, 1:54 PM #36
Originally posted by Antony:
What's the deal with saying you're "gay" for something?

Probably just a way saying that he is so full of love that he's lost his inhibitions.
2013-09-01, 2:50 PM #37
That would basically be it yes.
I've watched the season 3 finale so many times over I've lost track and probably gone insane too.
2013-09-01, 6:34 PM #38
Originally posted by Tibby:
I'm really glad I'm finally able to spill my guts on the things I found well done from this show, finally.
It's not like I can talk about to any of my actual friends, all I've got is my brother (14) and this thread.

Do you even know how to internet? There are places people with like interests tend to gather.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-09-01, 7:09 PM #39
My "Never go on Reddit/4chan is hell" rules limit the options.
I suppose there's pony forums themselves, but I always found single topic discussion boards boring.

he says while posting on a board about a 15 year old star wars video game
2013-09-01, 9:06 PM #40
Repentant troll flame baiting.

You must be some sort of digital masochist to continually invite all the verbal abuse.

↑ Up to the top!