Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → some star war
some star war
2013-09-24, 8:46 AM #1
2013-09-24, 9:13 AM #2
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-09-24, 9:31 AM #3
Yeah, that was pretty much the next logical step. Edit: Nevermind, lucasARTS not LucasFILM. I thought this was for a film not a game. Speaking of which, how old is this? Is Lucasarts still kicking in some fashion?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-09-24, 9:47 AM #4
Eh, I don't have any background info... I think it may just be a tech presentation of stuff that came together during 1313 development? I don't know when it was filmed.
2013-09-24, 9:56 AM #5
Somewhat related: I started playing The Force Unleashed finally, and boy did that game oversell its technology? I didn't expect fully destructible environments or anything too spectacular, but wow it's like an arcade version of what they were claiming it was.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-09-24, 10:25 AM #6
I never played it... I might sometime if it's super cheap and i'm super bored. They reallly did hype up their physics tech beforehand though, didn't they.
2013-09-24, 12:47 PM #7
DO NOT WANT.
2013-09-24, 3:09 PM #8
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Somewhat related: I started playing The Force Unleashed finally, and boy did that game oversell its technology? I didn't expect fully destructible environments or anything too spectacular, but wow it's like an arcade version of what they were claiming it was.

Seems like a recurring theme. Any game that sells its tech before the game itself seem the raise the red flag of mediocrity.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-09-24, 3:27 PM #9
Yeah, that was pretty much the next logical step. Edit: Nevermind, lucasARTS not LucasFILM. I thought this was for a film not a game. Speaking of which, how old is this? Is Lucasarts still kicking in some fashion?

It's being done in LucasFilm, not ARTS.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2013-09-24, 3:32 PM #10

I enjoyed it. I remember playing it when it first came out and thinking the gameplay was pretty awesome. Sure, it's nothing revolutionary or anything, but it's fun to go around as a massively overpowered jedi (sith?) and destroy things.

It could also be that I was incredibly drunk the entire time I played it. I haven't ever revisited it, so it might actually be awful.
>>untie shoes
2013-09-24, 3:51 PM #11
It wasn't all-around awful. But not good. But it had some few really awful parts and quick-time events always suck.

Using the lightsaber as a bat to whack people bothered me more than it should though.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-09-24, 4:04 PM #12
Yeah, the lightsaber doesn't even feel like a lightsaber. It's not a horrible game, I just really cannot believe how big the hype got with all of their tech demos.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-09-24, 7:36 PM #13
eh... i thought the force unleashed was fun-ish. but you are absolutely right about the light saber feeling like a baseball bat!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-09-24, 7:38 PM #14
My daughter likes playing it so she can run around and Force Choke/Lightning people
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2013-09-25, 6:03 AM #15
It was fun enough I'd say, but it had pretty much no replay value whatsoever.
nope.
2013-09-25, 8:51 AM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:
It was fun enough I'd say, but it had pretty much no replay value whatsoever.

Yeah that's my summary of it. I enjoyed playing through it enough, but I know I'll never play it again.
I can't comment on what the lightsaber felt like, I don't even remember using it >_>
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-09-25, 4:54 PM #17
The combos you can pull off in TFU are quite fun, but yeah, the game was seriously overhyped. I bought TFU2 at a serious discount about a year ago, but I haven't even bothered to check it out yet.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-09-25, 7:01 PM #18
its worth playing. once.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-09-28, 2:54 AM #19
TFU felt like they wanted to make a Star Wars game based on the worst parts of Dragon Ball Z. Hey, they succeeded (and made it even worse).

And aside from some nice gameplay, there's absolutely nothing worthwhile in that game (I'd say that even TODOA has a better story than it does, but ... well). In my opinion, anyway.
2013-09-28, 5:59 AM #20
I honestly haven't had an excuse to start it back up. Is there anything "more" than what I've experienced in the first 3 levels? Interestingly I've found Battlefront II to be more fun in almost every single way, despite being older.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-09-28, 8:43 AM #21
Battlefront was good arcadey fun, it was great.
nope.
2013-09-28, 1:42 PM #22
i have battlefront two but i cant beat that bul**** jedi libray level
2013-09-28, 9:45 PM #23
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
TFU felt like they wanted to make a Star Wars game based on the worst parts of Dragon Ball Z. Hey, they succeeded (and made it even worse).

That analogy really doesn't work, because in TFU they actually fight each other rather than stand there gloating for several episodes interspersed with cheesey side-stories nobody cares about =p
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-09-28, 11:43 PM #24
That sounds like TFU, alright.

↑ Up to the top!