Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gravity (the movie)
Gravity (the movie)
2013-10-06, 8:39 AM #1
Just saw it last night. thought it was REALLY good! has anyone else seen it??
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-10-06, 8:40 AM #2
Snot out here for another month. :(
nope.
2013-10-06, 8:42 AM #3
What's the deal with that movie, I can jump up and some weird power keeps on pulling me back on the floor all the time without any cinematographics!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-10-06, 8:52 AM #4
That's my animal magnetism.
nope.
2013-10-06, 8:55 AM #5
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
What's the deal with that movie, I can jump up and some weird power keeps on pulling me back on the floor all the time without any cinematographics!

you sir, have powers beyond my comprehension! :tinfoil:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-10-06, 8:58 AM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
That's my animal magnetism.

You sure it's not just bad haggis?
2013-10-06, 8:59 AM #7
No sir, that's repellant!
nope.
2013-10-06, 11:34 AM #8
It's odd. I'm sure it's a great movie, but I can't get excited about it. Probably because I've imagined it to be a few cool action sequences followed by a solid hour of watching Sandra Bullock struggle with agoraphobia.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-10-06, 6:07 PM #9
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
It's odd. I'm sure it's a great movie, but I can't get excited about it. Probably because I've imagined it to be a few cool action sequences followed by a solid hour of watching Sandra Bullock struggle with agoraphobia.

Well there is some of her being agoraphobic, but not as much as you would think, the pacing seemed pretty good and there is actually not TOO much of her just freaking out floating in a space suit. I have to admit I do have a fanboy crush on Sandra bullock though, so my opinion may be a little skewed.
2013-10-06, 6:12 PM #10
I'd watch a movie about Sandra Bullock flying toward the sun.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-10-07, 7:18 AM #11
Never mind the Bullock.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-10-07, 8:05 AM #12
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Never mind the Bullock.

So your in it for the Clooney?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-10-07, 8:12 AM #13
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I'd watch a movie about Sandra Bullock flying toward the sun.

Due to the gravitational pull? I GET IT
2013-10-10, 12:25 PM #14
Open Water IN SPAAAAACE
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-10-14, 8:13 PM #15
So, the other day, a friend and I were leaving the theater, after a showing of Machete Kills. At the same time that we walked out of the showing, two gentlemen walked out of the Gravity showing. I overheard them as they stopped at the manager, who was standing at the end of the hall, and said, "we weren't aware that the movie had such anti-Christian undertones; I'd like to have our money back." I've been contemplating watching it because of this.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2013-10-14, 8:24 PM #16
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:
So, the other day, a friend and I were leaving the theater, after a showing of Machete Kills. At the same time that we walked out of the showing, two gentlemen walked out of the Gravity showing. I overheard them as they stopped at the manager, who was standing at the end of the hall, and said, "we weren't aware that the movie had such anti-Christian undertones; I'd like to have our money back." I've been contemplating watching it because of this.

That's interesting. I haven't seen it but I have seen some reviews mention Atheism, but I haven't heard anything anti-Christian.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-10-14, 9:28 PM #17
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:

Having seen it, I have no idea what they meant.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-10-15, 3:58 AM #18
Yeah I didn't really pick up on any religious themes.
>>untie shoes
2013-10-15, 8:34 AM #19
Well, everyone knows that gravity is only a theory!
Sorry for the lousy German
2013-10-15, 3:50 PM #20
It was OK, but I wasn't terribly impressed. I will say it was hard for me to get immersed in scenes attempting to instill a sense of loneliness in the vastness of space when such silent scenes were punctuated by the sounds of people munching on popcorn all around me.

Re: religious themes, there was a bunch of symbolism. At one point, Sandra Bullock curls up into a fetal position and passes out. As she floats in front of a porthole, it's as if she's an embryo. Bullock is driven by memories of a tragic loss, but the extraordinary circumstances she's placed in give her a newfound determination to live and take her destiny into her own hands.

I don't want to spoil anything, but for those of you who have seen the movie, think about the very end as symbolically representing evolution.

At one point, a frog appeared on-screen and several uber-nerds went into hysterics. I suspect they were laughing about being clever enough to recognize some possible allusion to this incident: http://www.universetoday.com/104679/absolutely-incredible-photo-frog-launches-with-ladee/
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2013-10-16, 8:11 PM #21
I'm somewhat surprised this hadn't been posted here yet (I chose this link because its presentation was nice).
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2013-10-16, 8:16 PM #22
I ****ing LOVE IT when Mr. Robot posts!

COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!