Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hey koobie
hey koobie
2013-10-16, 2:14 AM #1
i still want to kick your ass at quake 2 don't leave now you coward
I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS
2013-10-16, 2:15 AM #2
FIGHT ME LIKE A CHILD, THROUGH VIDEOGAMES
2013-10-16, 5:38 AM #3
I will have you know this made me laugh.
>>untie shoes
2013-10-16, 9:11 AM #4
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/bandwidth/facepalm_zps971636f9.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-10-16, 10:09 AM #5
COWARD
2013-10-16, 11:16 AM #6
Just an FYI, Koobie read this thread (logged out) at ~12PM today. :P
2013-10-16, 12:16 PM #7
This thread absolutely delivers.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-10-16, 1:11 PM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Just an FYI, Koobie read this thread (logged out) at ~12PM today. :P

I petition you change his title to say "Coward" in giant red font, hyperlinked to this thread.
2013-10-16, 1:11 PM #9
Because you see, he's a gigantic
​COWARD
2013-10-16, 1:56 PM #10
I think this is a legitimate challenge of your childhood, Koobie. Are you going to be a man?

(way better thread, can we quit being so catty and just be fun?)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-10-16, 2:06 PM #11
Koobie, I always hated you, but I'll give some fleeting thought to building a time machine so I can go back in time and try to convince myself to stop hating you, if only you'll take up this challenge.
2013-10-16, 5:28 PM #12
2013-10-17, 1:25 AM #13
Can we have a stream if this ever happens?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-10-17, 5:35 AM #14
I like Koobie. *shrug*
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-10-17, 6:38 AM #15
I used to, but this pretty much proves he's garbage.
2013-10-17, 6:40 AM #16
2013-10-17, 6:41 AM #17
just like season 3 episode 5 "magic duel"
except with a rocket launcher
2013-10-17, 6:53 AM #18
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Can we have a stream if this ever happens?

Remember when sf_gold challenged me to a boxing match? That never happened either.

Still ready.

We should unban that guy. Have vintage troll of the week.
2013-10-17, 7:05 AM #19
The difference is this is like, something we could do in ten minutes- he even found a free download for Q2.
There's no excuse for this!
Except... cowardice.
2013-10-17, 7:46 AM #20
Or frustration with massassians in general.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-10-17, 8:18 AM #21
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Or frustration with massassians in general.

Pretty much.

Tibby, I tried installing it after I found it, it didn't work. And anyway, since you're challenging me then it's you who should go the extra mile. Under traditional duel rules, I would have the choice of a public apology or other restitution, or choosing the weapons for the duel. My steamid is drkoobie (if for some reason that doesn't work, just try Koobie). I'll be generous: you can choose any of the games below for the match except TF2.

Take it or leave it. Cheers.
幻術
2013-10-17, 8:18 AM #22
E: Hello
I choose...
Fallout: New Vegas
2013-10-17, 8:23 AM #23
i added u lets be friends :)
does black mesa have mp
that sounds dumb enough to be fun
2013-10-17, 8:25 AM #24
Originally posted by Tibby:
E: Hello
I choose...
Fallout: New Vegas

Then I have already won.

[http://tyrovogel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/fps1-686x350.jpg]
幻術
2013-10-17, 8:26 AM #25
Pick TF2 that way I can go in there and laugh at how bad both of you are.
2013-10-17, 8:26 AM #26
he just said he wouldn't do it
also yeah I'm bad at tf2 what of it
2013-10-17, 8:27 AM #27
wait how can you even really be "good" at tf2, it's a video james about w+m1 twitch skills
2013-10-17, 11:07 AM #28
wait how can you even really be "good" at tf2, it's a video james about w+m1 twitch skills

Certain TF2 classes require skill, I tend to play the ones that don't like Engineer and Medic. For me it's all about patience and persistence. Also, I recently cracked 1000 hours playtime on TF2.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-10-17, 11:15 AM #29
Koobie I've kind of missed it, so could you please summarize the cause of your frustration toward Massassi(ans)?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-10-17, 11:42 AM #30
I don't appreciate being called a "****-stain" and a "retard" because Antony & Jon'C have trouble differentiating metaphors from similes.
This was the second time Jon'C managed to get me aggravated over the internet (the first being the writing advise thread for Tibby). I'm mostly interested in writing & literature, but I don't want to post anything related to either anymore because you have Jon'C with his stellar education as your subject matter expert (ie., it's more trouble than it's worth). I'd rather just stick to my writing forums & G+ and lurk occasionally.
Also might post a screencap if Tibby plays a U3 deathmatch against me for the lulz.
幻術
2013-10-17, 11:49 AM #31

This entire statement is why you're bad at TF2. :P

Short of an uber, running directly at ANYONE is a hilarious bad idea. Every single class in the game has at least one weapon designed to discourage that sort of play, assuming the player has even a modicum of accuracy.

Here's a list of other reasons why w+m1 is basically idiotic :P

1. Holding W while rocket jumping/nade jumping/etc is actually detrimental to air control.
2. Pyro flames have less reach when running directly forward, and makes it very easy to fire projectiles in a non-reflectable way.
3. Classes that should otherwise absolutely get wrecked can instead kill you. Medic needles, spy revolver, engineer/scout pistol, sniper smg, all do amazingly well against someone running directly at you.
4. If you're W+M1'ing, it usually means you're not taking any advantage of the environment, which is awful considering TF2 is all about height. Any opportunity by any class to get above the other team is usually taken and abused. You won't just die, you'll die without ever landing a single shot.

But I'm sure it works well in those scrublord games you play. :D
2013-10-17, 11:51 AM #32
ya fell for it, CM
2013-10-17, 11:53 AM #33
Originally posted by Koobie:
I don't appreciate being called a "****-stain" and a "retard" because Antony & Jon'C have trouble differentiating metaphors from similes.

Actually, from what I recall, it's because you can't differentiate the difference between a simile and a nonsensical statement. Like, literally, they tried to explain that to you several times to which you instead tried to tell them what a simile is. If you're going to treat them like idiots, I don't understand how you can possibly not expect the same in return.

But by all means, continue to post wherever you will hear only what you want to hear, instead of the (albiet sometimes harsh) reality. Many writing forums are terrible for that specific reason. They claim to be critiquing when instead they're doing little to none.
2013-10-17, 11:53 AM #34
This entire statement is why you're bad at TF2. :P

Short of an uber, running directly at ANYONE is a hilarious bad idea. Every single class in the game has at least one weapon designed to discourage that sort of play, assuming the player has even a modicum of accuracy.

Here's a list of other reasons why w+m1 is basically idiotic :P

1. Holding W while rocket jumping/nade jumping/etc is actually detrimental to air control.
2. Pyro flames have less reach when running directly forward, and makes it very easy to fire projectiles in a non-reflectable way.
3. Classes that should otherwise absolutely get wrecked can instead kill you. Medic needles, spy revolver, engineer/scout pistol, sniper smg, all do amazingly well against someone running directly at you.
4. If you're W+M1'ing, it usually means you're not taking any advantage of the environment, which is awful considering TF2 is all about height. Any opportunity by any class to get above the other team is usually taken and abused. You won't just die, you'll die without ever landing a single shot.

But I'm sure it works well in those scrublord games you play. :D

roll tide
2013-10-17, 11:53 AM #35
Originally posted by saberopus:
ya fell for it, CM

Oh I know, I just don't care. I love TF2 enough that writing about it is fun to me. It was a great mental exercise to come up with as many reasons as possible not to W+m1.
2013-10-17, 12:06 PM #36
The best part is that Koobie doesn't seem to understand that my "koobie is a retard" post was an example of two similes followed by two metaphors.

But hell, I guess the joke isn't funny if you have to explain the punchline.
>>untie shoes
2013-10-17, 12:07 PM #37
Actually, from what I recall, it's because you can't differentiate the difference between a simile and a nonsensical statement. Like, literally, they tried to explain that to you several times to which you instead tried to tell them what a simile is. If you're going to treat them like idiots, I don't understand how you can possibly not expect the same in return.

But by all means, continue to post wherever you will hear only what you want to hear, instead of the (albiet sometimes harsh) reality. Many writing forums are terrible for that specific reason. They claim to be critiquing when instead they're doing little to none.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278938
幻術
2013-10-17, 12:19 PM #38
God dammit, Koobie. The fact that you compare two things using the word "like" does not make it a simile. It doesn't make any god damned sense, which is why it is not an effective simile. Having all of the required parts of speech thrown together in the appropriate order doesn't automatically make it that thing. Holy **** you are dumb.
>>untie shoes
2013-10-17, 12:30 PM #39

Cool echo chamber bro.

"Man what kind of ***gy forum is this, where citing an article by a full professor of grammar at the University of Edinburgh isn't a bannable offense???"
2013-10-17, 12:38 PM #40
But I notice you didn't mention to your echo chamber friends that you've spent weeks trolling one of our members, that the reason I called you an illiterate ****stain is because you quoted the dictionary at me like I'm some sort of re-re, that our assertion is that your 'simile' is so awfully written and lacking in any internal logic as to be meaningless word salad, that my claim about The Elements of Style being harmful is backed by someone more intelligent and qualified to criticize it than the total aggregation of every single halfwit echo chamber would-be author you've ever circlejerked with on the internet and in real life, and that the whole reason this happened is because you evidently have a gigantic, huge, horrible fragile ego about everything you post on this forum, to the extent that you've had a rough-hewn stick lodged in your anus from the moment I dissented from the uninspired bull**** advice you gave tibby, even though I was relatively careful not to call you out directly on it until you chose to be extremely defensive about it.

TL;DR: If this is how you're going to be, please go back to your echo chamber.

↑ Up to the top!