Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Humble WB Games Bundle
Humble WB Games Bundle
2013-11-06, 8:00 AM #1
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Current bundle includes the first two Batman Arkham Games, FEAR 2 and FEAR 3, Scribblenauts, and LOTR: War in the North. It's worth it for the Arkham Games alone, if you haven't played these yet, they are well worth your time (is there anyone here who hasn't played them yet?).

I already own all but Scribblenauts and FEAR 3, so I've got extra keys for the the Arkham Games, FEAR 2, and LOTR:WitN, if anyone would like 1 or 2 of these keys, feel free to post what you want and I'll PM a gift key to you.
2013-11-06, 9:16 AM #2
Got it last night. I already own Scribblenauts, so I'll have a key for that if anyone is interested.
2013-11-06, 9:49 AM #3
Oh yeah, War in the North! >.>

...I mostly mention that because I did QC for it. My name is in the credits,whee!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2013-11-06, 9:59 AM #4
I grabbed it last night as well. I haven't played the Batman games but have heard good things & was waiting for a sale like this to take advantage of. I've only played the multi-player portion of the original FEAR & enjoyed it quite a bit so I figured I'd give the other games a shot. I don't know much about the other games but will at least look at them briefly to see if they're worthy of my time.
? :)
2013-11-06, 10:05 AM #5
i have everything but scribblenauts and war in the north

how to the steam codes break down? would i have codes i could give away for the arkham games and the fear games? or dide the just lump it all into 2 codes like they have been doing with one for the cheap bastards and another for the beat the average games (with a third code for the stuff they'll add later)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-11-06, 10:18 AM #6
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i have everything but scribblenauts and war in the north

how to the steam codes break down? would i have codes i could give away for the arkham games and the fear games? or dide the just lump it all into 2 codes like they have been doing with one for the cheap bastards and another for the beat the average games (with a third code for the stuff they'll add later)

They've changed the way they do it. There's no more personal codes, rather, you have to log into the steamcommunity.com website, then there's a link you click on in the humble bundle receipt to claim your game. However, if you already own a certain game, there is a second link that gives you a giftable code for that game. It's a humble bundle code, not a steam one, so whomever you gift it too also has to log into the steamcommunity.com website, then click on the appropriate link on the humble bundle site that they've accessed via the code.

So short answer, yes, you can break it down and give away individual games.
2013-11-06, 10:21 AM #7
The Arkham games feel like old 2D Metroidvanias in 3D with characters you [probably] know and love. They might be my favorite games in the last several years, and that's really saying something. I don't think I've ever played a game like that (with side missions and collectables) to 100% completion without looking up walkthroughs besides FF8.

Oh, BTW: I have all of those games besides War in the North, so I wouldn't mind a code if anyone has a spare.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-06, 11:46 AM #8
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Oh, BTW: I have all of those games besides War in the North, so I wouldn't mind a code if anyone has a spare.

Check your PMs!
2013-11-06, 11:57 AM #9
Thanks DS!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-06, 12:16 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
The Arkham games feel like old 2D Metroidvanias in 3D with characters you [probably] know and love. They might be my favorite games in the last several years, and that's really saying something. I don't think I've ever played a game like that (with side missions and collectables) to 100% completion without looking up walkthroughs besides FF8.

Do they have a map? Major selling point for me.
2013-11-06, 12:40 PM #11
Good deal, I just hate Humble Bundles method for gifting games now.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-11-06, 1:00 PM #12
Grabbed it. Thank you.
幻術
2013-11-06, 1:00 PM #13
Yup, but I don't really remember Asylum's map.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-06, 1:08 PM #14
I have a thing for games with good maps, like Zelda/Metroid etc.
2013-11-06, 11:45 PM #15
I've been playing through Asylum but having been away from gaming for so many years, I must admit to being completely turned off by the type of 3rd person perspective that a lot of modern games use. It's obviously just me because these games are typically very highly rated, but I can barely tolerate it. I want so much to enjoy Batman, Dead Space & Mass Effect but the ****ing camera angle is annoying the **** out of me.
? :)

↑ Up to the top!