Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need to find a girl... Can you read this?
Need to find a girl... Can you read this?
2013-11-16, 4:01 PM #1
So, if you've read a bit about my recent adventures you'll know what this is about, if you haven't, a short summary: I met a girl called Jill from New York that I really liked but didn't get her number or full name (I could quote a billion excuses, from being too stoned at the time to being too dumb in general, but that's all irrelevant right now). Literally a few minutes ago I realized that she wrote her full name (presumably) on the margin of one of my notebooks.

Can you read it? Link to image (because CM ****ed my Massassi account so that I can't post normal-sized images here anymore): https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rQcCxBBBHcA/UogGnbtJmaI/AAAAAAAAJ6c/YAHU4Mpna38/w900-h506-no/DSC_0063.jpg

I tried searching FaceBook for all combinations of Jillian Pres*, but I'm guessing the first letter might not be a "p" at all. It can an an "l" (or even a "j"), but then I'm at a loss what the second letter is...

I'm posting this here because as most of you are Americans, maybe you can make out what the second word says better than me...
幻術
2013-11-16, 4:04 PM #2
I think it actually says Prague, so it looks like you only got her first name.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-11-16, 4:08 PM #3
That's also possible.
幻術
2013-11-16, 5:08 PM #4
ya blew it

;)
2013-11-16, 5:37 PM #5
Lalalalalala. saberopus, I can't hear you. Lalalalalala.

In all honesty, if the first word is "Jillian" then it seems unlikely that the second one says "Prague," you've got to admit...
幻術
2013-11-16, 8:01 PM #6
I really think it says Prague. I read it instantly. Granted, the handwriting is kind of messed up, so I could be wrong.
2013-11-16, 8:07 PM #7
She took some speed MDMA before we met if I'm not mistaken.

Mine isn't much better (though I don't do designer drugs, I'm just ****ed up by default). ;)

It might say "prague," but who in the world writes a "p" like that? Same goes for how different the "a" is in "prague" and in "jillian." Though chances are you're right, and this is just wishful thinking.
幻術
2013-11-16, 8:07 PM #8
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
I think it actually says Prague, so it looks like you only got her first name.

I concur with this assessment. It definitely ends in [fgj]ue. It's a ****ty a, but considering the context it must be. That's also definitely a P. Follow the stroke. Starts at the top, goes down to the bottom, then back up to the top, and the curve comes from the top, ending in the middle, and then a little curlicue to start the next letter. Very deliberate.

Edit: figured out why the a looks like an e. She maybe never properly learned script, so she doesn't know how to end the r, which leads to starting the next letter way too high.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-11-16, 8:42 PM #9
She (said she) has a uni degree in English, so I doubt she never properly learnt to write... I mean, I'd imagine they teach that in America. Not to mention, when we were writing stuff it was rather dark. My concern with the "p" is the separation between the line and the curve, it makes it look like two different letters. It might say "Prague" but I can almost bet that if you guys wouldn't have known that we were in Prague, you probably wouldn't have been so sure.

Thanks for having a look, though.
幻術
2013-11-16, 8:50 PM #10
It's totally a P. I mean, I too learned to write properly, but these days I type so much that whenever I write something by hand, I mess up all kinds of letters, especially when I'm being impatient and writing fast.

It's just, I looked at it, and instantly read "Prague". I didn't even have to think about it. Not that it proves anything. Just saying.
2013-11-16, 8:53 PM #11
:gbk:
幻術
2013-11-16, 9:10 PM #12
Looks like she wrote it upside-down.

Jillian
Prague

so you'd remember where you met her.

btw meth isn't exactly a "designer drug" I think but I'm not really into that whole scene so maybe I'm wrong??
2013-11-16, 9:13 PM #13
I know how she looks (shortish blonde of a slim build, used to have red hair, thick glasses). I know that she's (probably) in hear early 20's.
I know she's supposed to have job interviews for an English teacher position coming up this week or the next. I'm just writing to all people hiring English teachers (esp. for kids) in Prague that I can find, asking them if they know her. Well, I wrote to a couple, at least. Heh. ;)
I know her first name and that she's from New York, but that she's lived in Prague for a couple of months now...
That's pretty much it. If you have any advise on how to find her, do let me know. :) So far I've tried FB and Linkedin searching for all Jills in Prague, but no luck.

Jon'C, yeah, sorry, not speed, MDMA, rather (probably ecstasy). I'm not into that myself, tried once, achieved the desired effect (I had to stay awake and the effect was like drinking 10 cups of espresso, though you sweat a lot), not really my thing...
幻術
2013-11-16, 9:15 PM #14
Originally posted by Koobie:
Jon'C, speed is MDMA, not meth.
Did she tell you she took speed, or did she take extacy and that's what YOU call it?

This is important re: whether or not you should give up trying to find her immediately.

Because speed isn't MDMA, it's crystal meth.
2013-11-16, 9:24 PM #15
She asked me if I did MDMA. She didn't outright say that she took it, but it sort of explained some of her behavior. Though what do I know. ;)
Not crystal meth, no.
幻術
2013-11-16, 9:31 PM #16
A designer drug (as far as I understand it) is basically anything that was originally "designed" in a lab. So ecstasy (MDMA) or LSD would be a designer drug, while weed / shrooms would not.
幻術
2013-11-16, 9:37 PM #17
Interesting (albeit random) fact: Philip K. Dick used to eat amphetamine pills like they were breakfast cereal.
幻術
2013-11-16, 9:41 PM #18
so did Paul Erdos, who once said that when he abstained for a month, all of mathematics was set back by a month.
2013-11-16, 9:51 PM #19
Koobie...

drugs are bad mmmkay?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-11-16, 10:10 PM #20
2013-11-16, 10:14 PM #21
2013-11-16, 10:24 PM #22
2013-11-16, 11:21 PM #23
Let's say by some miracle you find her. What would be your first words to her?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-11-17, 12:01 AM #24
Ecstasy is not MDMA is not Speed. Speed is a street name for amphetamines, usually Meth, but Ecstasy and MDMA may also be called speed. MDMA and Ecstasy are supposed to be the same thing, but typically MDMA or "Molly" is in the pure powder or crystal form, the latter of which is significantly less likely to contain adulterants. Ecstasy is usually what the pill form of MDMA is called, but typically contains adulterants either for weight or intended to add effects and has fallen out of style for being really unnecessarily risky. I've tried Molly, and while it was relatively enjoyable, the cardiac risks involved just didn't match the experience at all. I personally think a lot of people's experience on Molly is hype and suggestion.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-17, 12:15 AM #25
2013-11-17, 12:34 AM #26
I think it says Tiwon Voresioo.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-11-17, 6:55 AM #27
Speed is amphetamine. MDMA is the main ingredient for XTC. XTC may also contain speed, and in most cases it does, but ideally it does not.
2013-11-17, 7:16 AM #28
Crystal meth is as much a designer drug a Faded Glory are designer jeans.
>>untie shoes
2013-11-17, 8:31 AM #29
It's as though your mind just creates explanations for the world around you from buzzwords that you hear and you immediately take these self-explanations as steadfast truths despite being horribly inaccurate.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2013-11-17, 8:49 AM #30
After an exhaustive and exhausting handwriting analysis, I have identified the following characteristics of the writer (hereafter referred to as "scrawler"):
- The scrawler is left-handed
- The scrawler was mentally impaired when writing, perhaps under the influence of narcotics
- The scrawler was born on a full moon
- The scrawler lives in Duluth, Minnesota (note the classic "Duluth dip" variant in the curvature of the "g")
- The scrawler's heritage is 33% Dutch, 21% Alsatian, 5% Polynesian, and what appears to be 40% toad

(Inspired by such handwriting analysts as those in the Dreyfus Affair: "[FONT=Times New Roman]But on that evidence—a handwriting identification admitted to be based on an absence of resemblance, and a single initial in a playful lover’s note—Dreyfus was convicted and sentenced to life in prison." [/FONT]http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2009/09/28/090928crbo_books_gopnik)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2013-11-17, 9:09 AM #31
Grismath is right, it was me :V

I can't believe Koobs hasn't called me yet.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-17, 9:11 AM #32
Originally posted by Reid:
it's a good drug to combine with a psychedelic because it practically removes the negative feelings and anxiety associated with tripping

This I can confirm, I hippyflipped later that day.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-17, 11:11 AM #33
Negative feelings and anxiety don't have to be associated with tripping at all. They only surface when they are already present. I've done mushrooms so many times, and never had a bad trip.

The key is to only trip if and when you feel good. Not in order to feel good when you actually feel bad. First rule.
2013-11-17, 1:33 PM #34
Agreed, but the physiological effects of booms can absolutely cause discomfort and seed those negative feelings.

That said, the only time I had a bad trip was when it suddenly went from clear as day to storming heavily, and I couldn't handle all of the inexplicable noise or the animals freaking out. Every other experience has been mild, informative, and enlightening. For me, the benefits come in the weeks after when I have a much more grounded, realistic perspective on life.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-17, 1:40 PM #35
Originally posted by Koobie:
She asked me if I did MDMA. She didn't outright say that she took it, but it sort of explained some of her behavior. Though what do I know. ;)
Not crystal meth, no.

extacy is often cut with speed, and speed is absolutely an amphetamine. so you are both right... sort of. unless what you meant was pure MDMA and NOT extacy.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-11-17, 2:00 PM #36
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Agreed, but the physiological affects of booms can absolutely cause discomfort and seed those negative feelings.

That said, the only time I had a bad trip was when it suddenly went from clear as day to storming heavily, and I couldn't handle all of the inexplicable noise or the animals freaking out. Every other experience has been mild, informative, and enlightening. For me, the benefits come in the weeks after when I have a much more grounded, realistic perspective on life.

Oh, I hear you. And yes, sudden unexpected factors (like extremely bad weather) can definitely turn your trip around. That's why I always make sure there's at least one sober person present, who can make the right calls and handle the situation. It's very comforting.
2013-11-17, 2:06 PM #37
Yeah, I had to have people come over, but then I calmed right down and had a good time.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-17, 4:12 PM #38
2013-11-17, 4:39 PM #39
I want to try ayahuasca, with the fasting / shaman / meditation and everything. Probably it's going to take a few years before I find myself in the Amazon jungles, but I'm sure it'd make for an even more exciting trip report. :)
幻術
2013-11-17, 4:44 PM #40
Ick, why do the spiritual BS and the extra adulterants (including poisons) when you can just take the entirely non-toxic active compound and not puke everywhere?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!