Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone have JKBOT (not the JO version)?
Anyone have JKBOT (not the JO version)?
2013-11-18, 7:04 AM #1
My apologies for starting a thread that probably only applies to like 5 people here. I seem to have misplaced the JKBOT that I used when running JKBOT @ Oasis games back when I was hosting a JK dedicated server. It was basically a crude hack version of RBOT's that passed checksum and worked only on Oasis. I remember giving it out a few times to others that were interested in hosting similar games- It was usually a file JKBOT.zip and at most contained 4 or 5 files: weap_saber.cog, kyle.cog, and sometimes UI files which held the taunts.

I got an atom based thin client off ebay for ~$20 and was thinking of hosting another JK dedicated server on it. I would re-write the JKBOT cog but I remember how much a pain setting up the bots pathfinding was, and I would like to save myself that hassle if possible.

I'm a victim of my zero backup policy but don't lecture me because I'm not going to change. It would probably do me good to re-create it from scratch anyway.

So anyone have it?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-11-18, 7:16 AM #2
Why not go outside?
2013-11-18, 7:20 AM #3
Because I won't find it there? What does leaving a computer running a dedicated game of JK have to do with me going outside? It's not like I'm playing it, that's the point of a BOT.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-11-18, 9:57 AM #4
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Because I won't find it there? What does leaving a computer running a dedicated game of JK have to do with me going outside? It's not like I'm playing it, that's the point of a BOT.

I wish I could help you, Triscuit. I know what you're referring to, but I no longer have it. And don't pay any attention to Reid, he's just being a troll.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2013-11-18, 11:41 AM #5
Reid is what happens when Sarn and PageWizard find a prom baby from the trash can and rotate Tibby and PedHead as the babysitter.

Also involved: a college trust fund from ragna and Ham Yoyo. Wookie06 is the creepy uncle that everyone tries to avoid.

Now on the USA Network.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-11-18, 12:46 PM #6
Reid, you're like a little Hitler. Stop holocausting the quality of out board.

though for real sorry about being a dick
2013-11-20, 8:43 PM #7
Reid is worse than Hitler and the opposite of Batman combined.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!