Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Heartbroken
Heartbroken
2013-11-22, 11:30 AM #1
The girl I've been in love with for 1.5 years (who also happens to be pretty much the hottest woman on the planet, funny how that works) ran off on me not too long ago, just before we were about to move in together. I told her that's fine, do what you have to do (ouch). She did, then came back saying it wasn't the same without me. I said I agree, I'm glad we had the break. That lasted about 3 weeks and she ran off again, this time for good. She doesn't love me any more, all that we had and built is now just a memory and learning experience. I've broken a few hearts in my day but never had the favor returned until now. I'm in pain. Wanted to share with you guys. Thanks for reading.
2013-11-22, 11:34 AM #2
:\ Hope you'll feel better soon. I'll pour one out for a fellow JK editor.

(Coincidentally my chest also hurts but that's mostly due to leaning towards a wall in a moving train, maybe I should take up exercising...)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-11-22, 3:07 PM #3
Just fell out of love here too mang.

Know how you feel.

Not going to say it gets better, but I feel you.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-11-22, 4:23 PM #4
The woman that I was with for 4 years left; cheated on me because I wasn't Christian enough. It's been half a year, and I feel worse about it every day.

Hang in there.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2013-11-22, 4:25 PM #5
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
:\ Hope you'll feel better soon. I'll pour one out for a fellow JK editor.

(Coincidentally my chest also hurts but that's mostly due to leaning towards a wall in a moving train, maybe I should take up exercising...)

Damn, I should really fire up JED for some therapy.
2013-11-22, 5:45 PM #6
Sucks bros. Just gotta keep on keepin' on and the pain will slowly fade
2013-11-22, 6:06 PM #7
Dude... that sucks. :(

Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:
cheated on me because I wasn't Christian enough.

That... that doesn't make sense.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2013-11-22, 8:43 PM #8
Originally posted by gbk:

That was my first thought as well, but I figured that does sound like woman logic.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-11-22, 10:30 PM #9
No, that's Christian logic.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-11-22, 11:13 PM #10
:(

Originally posted by Emon:
No, that's Christian logic.

Yup.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-11-23, 12:56 AM #11
Sorry to hear.

Post her naked pics on the i-net and link us up, you'll feel better.
幻術
2013-11-23, 1:07 AM #12
I'm comfortably single.

I haven't been in love since my marriage (not truly), no disrespect to my last gf who's a wonderful person. And even when I was married, it was more infatuation than love. I was 21, by the way (IIRC). My ex-wife lied about her contraception pretty much and got pregnant; I figured I loved her & got married. 2 years of hell followed. After 1 year I told her that even though we have a kid, I'll divorce her if she doesn't start treating me with some respect. 1 year later she got pregnant again (I'm still considering making a DNA test with my son because I know how much she wanted a 2nd kid, and not 100% sure if he's even mine, sorry to say, she's the kind of woman who'd do anything to get what she wants I think), although she continued to scream at me, being jealous for no reason, etc. I haven't even went out with my friends over the 2 years, not to mention finding somebody to cheat on her with... And anyway, that wasn't my style. **** deteriorated even further and I figured if I don't leave her now, I won't have the heart to do so after the 2nd kid's born.

And so I did. Was pretty much one of the ****tiest things I've done in my life (not counting marrying her), but hey, the way I figured it, if I were a kid I'd rather see my dad do his own thing than be my mommy's *****.

She's not working and hadn't for the past 6 years, and is now apparently into dating men over 50. I guess she thinks one of them will marry her. Mmm.
幻術
2013-11-23, 1:23 AM #13
Dash that sucks hard, I'm sorry man :(

Originally posted by Koobie:
Sorry to hear.

Ayyy this is super not okay
2013-11-23, 2:39 AM #14
Originally posted by gbk:

I'm guessing that he's just saying that he wasn't in to going to church events enough or maybe that his beliefs were less absolutist or fundamentalist. I've dated evangelical/fundamentalist Christians & it's no ****ing picnic. The sex is better than one might expect (holy **** there's some disturbed chicks in churches--those Mormon sect leaders have it right (minus the kids of course), so long as one can stand their dated clothes & hairstyles) but in the end it's just too much ****ing work--she did him a favor & he'll agree once the pain is less raw. I became an atheist towards the end of a 5 year relationship with a Christian--I don't think that she ever really accepted it & I'm certain that it was a factor in the relationship ending. Big ****ing favor she did me.
? :)
2013-11-23, 4:04 AM #15
幻術
2013-11-23, 4:13 AM #16
2013-11-23, 6:35 AM #17

That's the worst thing you've ever said.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2013-11-23, 6:51 AM #18
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Just fell out of love here too mang.

Know how you feel.

Not going to say it gets better, but I feel you.

Cool Matty can still use that account again.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-11-23, 8:20 AM #19

You know that's illegal in the United States now, right?
>>untie shoes
2013-11-23, 10:40 AM #20
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Cool Matty can still use that account again.

idgi.
2013-11-23, 11:01 AM #21
Originally posted by Reid:
She slept with someone else during the uhh, "break" or whatever. And she doesn't feel bad because she doesn't have any respect for you. Sorry man. Hopefully your next womanly venture will turn out better. At least she was nice enough to end it. Don't take her back if she comes back, crocodile tears and everything.

I told her to sleep with whoever she wants during that time. I certainly did. I think she came back after she saw that I can still pull like a boss :awesome:
2013-11-23, 11:40 AM #22
2013-11-23, 11:44 AM #23
Because (she thinks) she's fallen in love with the coworker she had an affair with and subsequently invented a list of reasons she didn't think it would work out with me.
2013-11-23, 11:54 AM #24
Maybe she really has, and maybe the reasons aren't invented. If she felt the need to leave, it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.
2013-11-23, 12:24 PM #25
2013-11-23, 12:46 PM #26
Originally posted by Reid:
A young hot woman isn't going to stick around for much, short of cash, excitement, or drugs.

Jesus ****ing christ are you a horrendous human being.
2013-11-23, 12:52 PM #27
Says the guy who generalized all Christians in this very thread.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-11-23, 1:06 PM #28
I never said that all Christians act a certain way, only that using religion to justify infidelity is much more likely to be due to someone's religious background rather than their gender. Don't try to tell me "woman logic" is a thing, **** anyone who thinks that.
2013-11-23, 1:14 PM #29
I'm tired about people denying that generalizations are generally true. Isn't it tautological?

Then again, I've never really been victimized by them, either.
2013-11-23, 1:19 PM #30
I never said that all Christians act a certain way

Why does it have to be all or nothing? What's so wrong about pointing out that many Christians act a certain way? If it's more than half, you're justified in the generalization, in my opinion, as a first approximation.

What is it that is so hard for our society to grasp about certain traits being overrepresented by specific classes of people? Forget all ideology for a moment and deny that with a straight face. Has our obsession with individual rights clouded our very judgement about basic truths?
2013-11-23, 1:32 PM #31
"Women are irrational who can understand them am I right guys" is not a basic truth, though, it's just dumb bull****
2013-11-23, 1:35 PM #32
Wellll, if we start with the assumption that no rational woman would leave a great guy like myself, then there is no choice.....
2013-11-23, 1:39 PM #33
Maybe the problem with a man's resorting to the charge of irrationality has more to do with his lack of understanding of a woman's motives, needs, etc.

But then again, how is he supposed to know if she does not communicate them (except in subtle ways beyond the comprehension of the male brain)?

I suppose everyone projects his own sex onto the other, to some extent. Perhaps a man could better understand women if he decided to become one for a few days.

(The stereotypical conclusion from that line of logic is that men lack the "social intelligence" or empathy that women have.)
2013-11-23, 1:44 PM #34
2013-11-23, 1:50 PM #35
Men are perfectly capable of social understanding, it's just that the traditional thing to do is to not bother trying and tell each other women are all crazy. Because they couldn't possibly be the reason their relationships keep failing, obviously. (not referring to Zarn here at all, just the "women are from venus" thing)

Also if you think men aren't just as guilty of not communicating their feelings with romantic partners, cmon haha
2013-11-23, 1:56 PM #36
2013-11-23, 2:01 PM #37
I might also point out that she may not be satisfied with any single man, and that her decision to leave may say more about her than it does about Dash. The propensity to maintain a stable relationship surely varies from person to person, perhaps due to genetics. Ethical and supportive behavior may not necessarily be biologically advantageous if the goal is to propagate the species.
2013-11-23, 2:03 PM #38
wow what a ****ing awesome convo to have in a thread a guy posted because he's hurtin
2013-11-23, 2:11 PM #39
I never said that all Christians act a certain way, only that using religion to justify infidelity is much more likely to be due to someone's religious background rather than their gender. Don't try to tell me "woman logic" is a thing, **** anyone who thinks that.

How is 'woman logic' NOT a thing. I'm not implying male logic is superior but men and woman have vastly different hormones that influence our decisions.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-11-23, 2:15 PM #40

↑ Up to the top!