Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fallout Giveaway (GOG, 1 hour left)
Fallout Giveaway (GOG, 1 hour left)
2013-12-14, 4:06 AM #1
Fallout 1, 2, & Tactics for FREE @ GOG.com
http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013
1 hour left
幻術
2013-12-14, 4:15 AM #2
I remember when Fallout 1 was available for free on GOG.com and I snatched it, hoping that one day Fallout 2 would follow suit... ... worth the wait!

Of course, I played through the first game in 1998, bought all of them in 2004, didn't get that far in Fallout 2 and sold the box in 2008... ... ... boh!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-12-14, 4:36 AM #3
3 more games added to my collection that I never seem to have the time to play.
? :)
2013-12-14, 6:37 AM #4
Ah, Fallout: Tactics. You could have been good.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-12-14, 6:49 PM #5
I bought Fallout 2 on GOG like a year ago and started playing it for a bit as a newcomer to any Fallout game. I guess this is really lame to say, but it was so visually unappealing that I stopped pretty quickly. I know it has to be a gem of a game, but I was so put off by the weak graphics and animations that they prevented me from immersing myself in it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-12-14, 8:49 PM #6
Originally posted by Tracer:
Ah, Fallout: Tactics. You could have been good.

I thought Fallout: Tactics was fantastic.

Originally posted by Krokodile:
I bought Fallout 2 on GOG like a year ago and started playing it for a bit as a newcomer to any Fallout game. I guess this is really lame to say, but it was so visually unappealing that I stopped pretty quickly. I know it has to be a gem of a game, but I was so put off by the weak graphics and animations that they prevented me from immersing myself in it.

I can understand that. It'd be much harder to get into these games without having nostalgia glasses on.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-12-14, 11:13 PM #7
Originally posted by Krokodile:

Well, that was the same reason why I wasn't able to play much of the game already in 2004. And which is why it pains me dearly to not get far in Planescape: Torment either.

Turns out I tend to succeed in tolerating outdated (especially 1990s era) graphics if I've played the games during their heyday. HOW VAIN I HAVE BECOME [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-12-15, 12:56 AM #8
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Turns out I tend to succeed in tolerating outdated (especially 1990s era) graphics if I've played the games during their heyday. HOW VAIN I HAVE BECOME [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]

Ditto. I think it's partly out of the memory of the impression the game had on you when you first played it, and partly, when the game proves to remain effective all those years later, due to seeing past the visuals thanks to the nostalgia and then discovering that the game is in fact still fun.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!