Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, my ex-wife just got engaged ...
So, my ex-wife just got engaged ...
2013-12-15, 2:42 PM #1
... to a 45+ (50?) year old biker dude whom she apparently knows for less than 4 months or so.

Yah.

I mean, I really don't care who she marries (as long as my kids are fine), but I just don't see this ending well.
幻術
2013-12-15, 2:44 PM #2
but then again, I know her (I think), so maybe that's why ;)
幻術
2013-12-15, 2:45 PM #3
Originally posted by Koobie:
I just don't see this ending well.
Why?

Were you, also, a 50 year old biker dude she knew for less than 4 months?
2013-12-15, 2:47 PM #4
No, Jon'C.
I was a 20 (21?) year old dude who thought it was OK to marry for the luvs & the sexytime without having lived with the person for a year or two first.
幻術
2013-12-15, 2:50 PM #5
it's my experience that when people say things like "this relationship isn't going to end well" or "i give it 6 months" what they're really saying is that they want a hearty serving of schadenfreude, regardless of the specifics of the relationship.
2013-12-15, 3:56 PM #6
What I'm really saying is that I don't think it will end well.
It won't please me if I'll turn out to be right, tbh ... I just think that she should have been trying to become self-sufficient in the years that we'd been separated instead of taking "the easy way out" if you know what I mean. The "easy way" often leads to disaster, especially when the impulsiveness of others is involved. Heh.
幻術
2013-12-15, 4:07 PM #7
This thread needs a poll with a bunch of options so we could start a gambling pool.

Anyway given little information, I'm going to draw heavily from stereotypes of 'old bikers' and agree with Koobie's assessment.

My money will be on some option similar to: "Engagement cancelled." I'm a little concerned about the outside option that they "Elope in Las Vegas."
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-12-15, 4:27 PM #8
Originally posted by Jon`C:
it's my experience that when people say things like "this relationship isn't going to end well" or "i give it 6 months" what they're really saying is that they want a hearty serving of schadenfreude, regardless of the specifics of the relationship.

But 4 months. I mean really.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-12-15, 4:42 PM #9
The biker dude is probably much more wilder in bed.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-12-15, 4:47 PM #10
Ex-wife? I thought you were 18. 19 at the oldest.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2013-12-15, 4:51 PM #11
I'm 27, gbk.
幻術
2013-12-15, 4:52 PM #12
What I'm really saying is that I don't think it will end well.
It won't please me if I'll turn out to be right, tbh ... I just think that she should have been trying to become self-sufficient in the years that we'd been separated instead of taking "the easy way out" if you know what I mean. The "easy way" often leads to disaster, especially when the impulsiveness of others is involved. Heh.

kiddults never grow up. you have to want to grow up in order to grow up.
2013-12-15, 4:54 PM #13
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
The biker dude is probably much more wilder in bed.

I'm a biker @ heart, ECHOMAN. Got a tattoo & everything. :D
幻術
2013-12-15, 8:28 PM #14
2013-12-15, 8:31 PM #15
nah, just posting because ... MASSASSI.
and i don't have any other "girls" topics right now (much unfortunately).
really liked EAH_TRISCUIT's suggestion, though, hehe.
amount of emotions for ex-wife = 0.
i divorced her for a reason. ;)
幻術
2013-12-15, 8:31 PM #16
Reid wat
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-12-15, 8:32 PM #17
2013-12-15, 8:41 PM #18
yeah, i mean i'm somewhat shocked to see a dude twice my age about to repeat my mistake with the same girl heh.
and i'm curious how the events will unfold.
i don't have any latent jealous feelings, if that's what you're insinuating. :)
幻術
2013-12-15, 8:43 PM #19
2013-12-15, 8:45 PM #20
i don't feel good and i don't feel bad about it ... it's just curious, that's all.
also, re: you caring "how i feel," excuse me if i don't believe you after you've tried to paint yourself as a psychopath / severely mentally disturbed individual here, heh. ;)

for example, i don't care you feel. i don't know you, dude.
but i hope your life works out for the best as well.
****ing 6 am.
time to eat / sleep / write / work.

peace & love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCZXOO6Fyk (music)

ps. regardless, hope you're feeling GOOD, Reid. ;) ciao.
幻術
2013-12-15, 8:54 PM #21
2013-12-15, 8:56 PM #22
just listen to the music, man, and think positive thoughts. :D
幻術
2013-12-15, 8:58 PM #23
2013-12-15, 9:00 PM #24
i meant it quite literally. :) it's a godly mix.
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:04 PM #25
2013-12-15, 9:06 PM #26
Originally posted by Reid:
No **** it's schadenfreude, he is posting because he's looking for some empathy and maybe answers to his complicated feelings. Not semi-autistic and stilted rant about a completely tangential topic.

Do you talk like this in the real world too?

lol, reid accusing someone else of semi-autistic stilted ranting about completely tangential topics.
2013-12-15, 9:09 PM #27
yeah, i mean i'm somewhat shocked to see a dude twice my age about to repeat my mistake with the same girl heh.
and i'm curious how the events will unfold.
i don't have any latent jealous feelings, if that's what you're insinuating. :)

It's because she is a female and females are naturally attracted to men who are more challenging. She's just mistaking the older man's casual indifference and hard lifestyle for being a legitimate challenge, i.e. an alpha male. I suggest you subtly insult her appearance the next time you see her.
2013-12-15, 9:12 PM #28
the real reason im here is im procrastinating writing a story, of course.
SHERLOCK HOLMES vs DR WHO vs STAR WARS
(it's so awesome that i'm afraid if i'll continue, reality would collapse on itself)
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:13 PM #29
the real reason im here is im procrastinating writing a story, of course.
(its so awesome im afraid to continue writing it)

but which sherlock holmes? classic, rdj, cumberbatch, elementary, data...?
2013-12-15, 9:15 PM #30
Originally posted by Reid:
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that literally. I am somewhat confused

there's a link to the music in one of my posts, maybe you missed it. not sure how much you like psybient music, but i think it's fantastic.

Originally posted by Jon'C:
I suggest you subtly insult her appearance the next time you see her.

i like the way your brain works, but alas, i'm forever a gentleman. ;)
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:16 PM #31
but which sherlock holmes? classic, rdj, cumberbatch, elementary, data...?

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cSDbtuJiXXQ/Uie2Pw7t6eI/AAAAAAAAF5U/uEXRamhjMYY/w346-h615-no/holmes.jpg]
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:17 PM #32
2013-12-15, 9:19 PM #33
It's because she is a female and females are naturally attracted to men who are more challenging. She's just mistaking the older man's casual indifference and hard lifestyle for being a legitimate challenge, i.e. an alpha male. I suggest you subtly insult her appearance the next time you see her.

also, what i meant is that she ****s good (or at least, she used to) ... which was the main reason i married her in the first place. i think her goal was to find an older dude to "take care of her" in exchange for sexytime. i mean, i don't just think so, she TOLD ME that's what she wanted to do some time ago. though i don't really want to speculate too much about her current situation, now that sherlock holmes' been mentioned and all, heh.

forever the gentleman
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:21 PM #34
2013-12-15, 9:31 PM #35

That's one random mash-up.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-12-15, 9:36 PM #36
2013-12-15, 9:44 PM #37
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
That's one random mash-up.

it's actually kind of not so random if you think about it ...
i mean, we've got sherlock holmes, 19th century london (or chicago, in this particular story's case)
we've got an (awesome) alien dude with a machine that can travel through space AND time
what better device is there to put mr. holmes & dr. watson (as well as the story's narrator) to a world a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? :D
so far the responses have been positive.
i'm posting it in parts every tuesday ... so far i've only part 1 of the first out of the 3 chapters, though ... em ... http://goo.gl/VfsVVg
i'm just gonna stop posting & start writing now i think. :)
peace & love.
幻術
2013-12-15, 9:52 PM #38
2013-12-15, 9:55 PM #39
thnx Reid
tho what i really need is coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
& a joint, but you can't have it all now, can you. ;)
幻術
2013-12-15, 10:42 PM #40
Don't worry, Koobs. She's already cheating on him with me. And goddamn, she is a firecracker.

This is perfect.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!