Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Looking for leaked beta version of DBZ 4.0
Looking for leaked beta version of DBZ 4.0
2014-03-13, 11:58 AM #1
AKA DBZ:TDIR. There was a leaked version going around before the official release that was pretty awesome, and in my mind better than the final mod. I'm looking for a copy of it and figured I might as well check here. I know that some of you tried it so don't play dumb!

Or if anyone knows how to get in touch with Shred18 hit me up
2014-03-13, 2:00 PM #2
I definitely tried it back in the day. A buddy of mine and myself had been following TDiR for a long time, and when it got leaked we obviously tried it out. I'll say this, there were a few things we did like more about it than the final release, but it definitely had its fair share of problems. I can assure you that Shred18 wouldn't release it even if he had it (which I doubt he would since it was nothing more than a beta testing version at the time). The TDiR team was very upset over that leak getting out, so anyone associated with the team wouldn't be open to sharing that.

As far as anyone else goes, I doubt anyone around here would have it. I know I don't. You're essentially asking for files that are 10+ years old - not saying it's impossible, but highly unlikely, especially since most of the people still hanging around here never even played JK, much less a DBZ mod.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2014-03-13, 5:11 PM #3
I played it. I might even have it on an archive disk somewhere in the dusty corners of my closet. I'm probably thinking about the release version, though.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-03-14, 5:53 AM #4
First time I've heard of a leaked TDiR beta. Wish I had it, though!

In fact, I wish I had all those beta builds of Dash_rendar's various level projects from back in the day that I couldn't download due to not having a broadband and the files being over 1.5 mb in filesize (so I couldn't use the school's net to get them). What a trustworthy "beta tester" I was! [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-03-14, 8:03 AM #5
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I definitely tried it back in the day. A buddy of mine and myself had been following TDiR for a long time, and when it got leaked we obviously tried it out. I'll say this, there were a few things we did like more about it than the final release, but it definitely had its fair share of problems. I can assure you that Shred18 wouldn't release it even if he had it (which I doubt he would since it was nothing more than a beta testing version at the time). The TDiR team was very upset over that leak getting out, so anyone associated with the team wouldn't be open to sharing that.

As far as anyone else goes, I doubt anyone around here would have it. I know I don't. You're essentially asking for files that are 10+ years old - not saying it's impossible, but highly unlikely, especially since most of the people still hanging around here never even played JK, much less a DBZ mod.

Yeah I figured it was a long shot, but you never know. I found a disc the other day containing with an Asheron's Call client and emulator from January 2003, it's weird the random **** that can be lying around. I think I have a Half-Life 2 leaked beta copy somewhere in my closet too. I figured Shred wouldn't be too keen on giving me an earlier version, even if he had it, but then again it was like over a decade ago.
2014-03-15, 11:48 AM #6
Heh, oh yeah. We were pissed about that at first, but we got a lot of positive feedback from that leak which was motivating. I'd give it to you if I had it, but I don't have any of those tdir files anymore. Lost to dead hard drives years ago I suppose.
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2014-03-19, 8:09 PM #7
Lol i remember beta testing the new UI with HR. Never worked right for me.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2014-03-21, 9:23 AM #8
Originally posted by Shred18:
Heh, oh yeah. We were pissed about that at first, but we got a lot of positive feedback from that leak which was motivating. I'd give it to you if I had it, but I don't have any of those tdir files anymore. Lost to dead hard drives years ago I suppose.

Bummer dude! I was hunting around my old cabinet the other day and I found a copy of Bid for Power from 2001, lol. Back when it was still a DBZ mod. I remember playing it and being so disappointed. The combat and movement just didn't feel meaty enough or something.

Speaking of DBZ mods, there's one that's still in development for Half-Life 1 called Earth's Special Forces that is looking pretty awesome. I don't know how much you'd be interested in a game like that since you spent so much time on TDIR, but it's amazing how much they've been able to push the goldsrc engine

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yHV-xGAyB8
2014-03-21, 9:28 AM #9
Yeah, I'm following Earth's Special Forces on ModDB and if it ever gets released*, well, that's when I'm gonna install Half-Life 1 for the first time since 2004.

(And to no one's surprise, GoldSRC in 2014 looks doznes of times better than lolsithengine from 1997 B.C.)

* = Unless it's going to feature Bruce Faulconer music, seriously, **** that s***
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!