Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread for Joncey
Thread for Joncey
2014-03-31, 12:24 AM #1
Because he really wanted one.

The Man (the Legend) will add more I'm sure. In the meantime, enjoy ...

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/search.php?do=finduser&userid=555&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1
幻術
2014-03-31, 12:25 AM #2
idgi
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 12:28 AM #3
I originally wanted to post some "golden" (ie., most moronic, in my subjective opinion) posts by The Legend Himself, but then I realized if I search for his last posts, then almost every single post for 3 pages (at least) is him trying to show to the Massassi community how much more clever he is than me (and also apparently better looking, richer, more sophisticated, more talented, and more experienced in life) ... so I just posted the link to save time. :) It's also good to have a new thread for this bs so that it doesn't carry over everywhere else.

Take it away, Joncey. The audience is waiting. :D
幻術
2014-03-31, 12:41 AM #4
Originally posted by Antony:
idgi

Don't worry, space_ghost and I will take care of this later today.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-03-31, 12:42 AM #5
So where's the statistical comparison of general Massassi activity to balance that out? It's sort of meaningless to call him out on replying to you when you're the only one posting.

And the URL doesn't work.
2014-03-31, 12:43 AM #6
Are you suggesting that I can't do this anymore, FGR?
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 12:47 AM #7
Interesting. If I try it from a different browser, it prompts me to login, but it does work; perhaps the "search for user's last posts" URL is unique to individual accounts? Not sure. I guess I was just hoping the man would realize he needs to grow the **** up ... but I know it's a lost cause.
幻術
2014-03-31, 1:07 AM #8
Originally posted by Koobie:
I was just hoping the man would realize he needs to grow the **** up ... but I know it's a lost cause.

I don't know, man. I'm starting to wonder what you would do without him. Obviously you refuse to listen to his on-point criticism of your work, yet you continue to antagonize him and bring this upon yourself. We've already arrived at the conclusion that you likely need some form of therapy, and that you're struggling with a substance abuse problem, so I would say we're about one step shy of the part where you find yourself sitting at your desk searching through tear-streaked glasses for the roach with the most bud left in it just so you can get high enough to finish the Joncy slashfic you're working on.
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 1:18 AM #9
I'd do exactly the same thing without him as I do now.
Jon'C offered valid crits / comments re: The Girl with the Scarab Necklace book, and I'd given him thanks on the intro page. That was literally the one and only time he had been useful to me. I'm not saying I divide people into useful or not useful but with the amount of posts directed at me, he better would have been ... which he was. :)
I'm glad you (and Jon'C, presumably?) have arrived to some sort of a conclusion about me, more power to you.
Anyway, it's time for me to go do my high-paying job now ... ;)
幻術
2014-03-31, 1:22 AM #10
Jon's criticism is not useful to you because you don't want criticism. You want people to stroke your ego by telling you that you're good at something you are not good at, and you respond to anything other than praise with dismissal and deflection.
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 1:23 AM #11
I really wish that you guys could settle your differences or at least ignore one another. The community that we have here is small enough already & it's a real turn-off having to sift through all of the garbage to read anything interesting. I may not go to the chat (primarily because I'm very busy these days) but I've been visiting this website since the old JediNights days & I keep coming back for those increasingly rare times that there are constructive & exciting posts (Gorc, JKL to OBJ, tech threads, etc.) & with the hopes that we'll eventually get our **** together & do something constructive, collectively, again. Anyways, I don't know if anyone cares anymore about this sort of thing or not, or if the consensus is to just let this community dwindle to the point where CM gets too bored to maintain it, but I'd personally like to see us all pull together & do something more interesting than what we're doing now.
? :)
2014-03-31, 1:26 AM #12
I'm with Mentat. :)
幻術
2014-03-31, 1:43 AM #13
Jon's criticism is not useful to you because you don't want criticism. You want people to stroke your ego by telling you that you're good at something you are not good at, and you respond to anything other than praise with dismissal and deflection.

This is simply not true. You obviously hold Jon'C in high esteem in regards to writing fiction. I do not. And, unlike his apparent attitude towards me, it has nothing to do with his personality, believe it or not. Perhaps had he posted something I'd enjoyed reading, I might have changed my mind. Regarding criticism in general: I use the comments and advise I find useful and discard the rest. So does everyone else. :)
幻術
2014-03-31, 2:09 AM #14
Are you suggesting that I can't do this anymore, FGR?

Did you speak with the Orb?
2014-03-31, 4:06 AM #15
In Soviet Finland, the Orb speaks with you.
幻術
2014-03-31, 5:47 AM #16

Returns "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2014-03-31, 5:52 AM #17
I-I-I-I-I-I couldn't ask for another!
nope.
2014-03-31, 5:58 AM #18
I think I should have used this instead: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/search.php?do=finduser&userid=555&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1
Hmm ... Okay, it's actually not as bad as I thought. Still, still ... :)
And sorry about the LINKFAIL.

[http://img.pandawhale.com/post-15460-404-Dead-Link-Zelda-Pun-IDUP.png]
幻術
2014-03-31, 7:22 AM #19
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Echoness101/ugh.jpg]

Just stop, Koobie. Stop trying to prove something.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2014-03-31, 7:38 AM #20
Okay ECHOMAN I'll stop trying to prove something (?).
Festivities shall resume on April 1! :D
幻術
2014-03-31, 8:04 AM #21
I'm confused. This thread purports to be for me, but like every other thread it's actually about Koobie ...?
2014-03-31, 8:06 AM #22
Originally posted by Koobie:
This is simply not true. You obviously hold Jon'C in high esteem in regards to writing fiction. I do not. And, unlike his apparent attitude towards me, it has nothing to do with his personality, believe it or not. Perhaps had he posted something I'd enjoyed reading, I might have changed my mind. Regarding criticism in general: I use the comments and advise I find useful and discard the rest. So does everyone else. :)

No, see, the problem is you think it's some sort of You vs. Jon`C situation. The reality is, everyone on this board has told you the same thing, and you still ignore it. You don't discard bad advice, you discard any advice/criticism you don't agree with. That's not how it works in the real world, and you are never going to improve with this ****ty attitude you've held on these forums since day one. Jon`C is the least of your problems here.
2014-03-31, 8:16 AM #23
Jon'C's not really my "problem," Jon'C is a constant lulz generator tbfh. :)

> You don't discard bad advice, you discard any advice/criticism you don't agree with.

I really do have to wonder, whatever gave you this idea? Though at the end of the day, yes, I probably would discard notes / crits / advise I don't agree with unless a few people say the same thing. For example, I'm quite positive I'd changed, re-written, or completely deleted lots of paragraphs / scenes / whatever over the years I personally might have liked simply because 5-10 people on critters.org or AWWC (writery forums yay) pointed out that something didn't work for them, and explained why ... kill your darlings, etc.

For some reason you guys talk to me as if I'm this prima donna "artist" type or as if I'd thought I'm this great writer dude or something simply because I dared disagree with the beloved forum mascot. Cmon man.
幻術
2014-03-31, 8:35 AM #24
And to do that well craves a kind of wit:
He must observe their mood on whom he jests,
The quality of persons, and the time,
And, like the haggard, check at every feather
That comes before his eye. This is a practise
As full of labour as a wise man's art
For folly that he wisely shows is fit;
But wise men, folly-fall'n, quite taint their wit.
2014-03-31, 8:42 AM #25
And so it begins ... :D

Let me quote my favorite poet. I apologize for the translation.

Poet
by A.S. Pushkin, 1830

Hey Poet! don't value people's love, or gold.
Adoring praise will cease like a draft in a closed room;
You'll hear fool's judgement, snickers of a crowd grown cold,
Remain firm, calm, enclosed in gloom.

You are a king: so live alone. On your free road
Walk where you want, find what you'll find,
Improve your thoughts, train hard your mind,
For noble deeds, rewards aren't owed.

These rewards, they're within you; yours is the highest court
to criticize your work. Don't sell it short.
Are you satisfied with it, exacting artist?

Satisfied? Then let the crowds snicker in turns
And spit on the altar where your fire burns,
And with a childlike glee, the fire moves you; the artist.

It reads better in Russian, of course.
幻術
2014-03-31, 8:52 AM #26
Koobie, I think you should give some serious consideration to riding the snake.

[http://i.imgur.com/4Hq0a50.gif]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-03-31, 8:52 AM #27
gbk, that reminds me of the time I lost 130 pounds in 3 weeks.
2014-03-31, 8:54 AM #28
Wow. That's a lot. How'd you lose all that gross fat?
2014-03-31, 8:56 AM #29
Originally posted by gbk:
Koobie, I think you should give some serious consideration to riding the snake.

[http://i.imgur.com/4Hq0a50.gif]

I honestly have no idea what this means.
幻術
2014-03-31, 8:56 AM #30
Well, gbk, by combining the miracles of modern technology with the wisdom of ordinary street junkies.

First, you've got to wear my vibrating heat-bead suit and then jam an unbelievable amount of crystal meth into your system!
2014-03-31, 8:57 AM #31
But wait, isn't crystal meth illegal?
2014-03-31, 8:57 AM #32
O_O

o_ò

Ó_-

... You bet!
2014-03-31, 9:00 AM #33
Wow, you're right. I put on the suit and started taking your speed pills, and by "Riding your Snake", I've lost 65 pounds in two minutes!
But guess what else? I found out that I am the Devil! I will wash over the Earth and the seas will run red with the blood of all its sinners! I am reborn!
And I have you to thank for it, feeger!
2014-03-31, 9:01 AM #34
!_!

Sounds good! But talk is cheap...

... scan me!
2014-03-31, 9:02 AM #35
AAARG! Make it stop! Make it stop, feeger! AAaaarg!

[http://i.imgur.com/AXzcuPz.jpg]
2014-03-31, 9:04 AM #36
NICE TRY, novice!

But don't mess with the maestro!

So there you have it folks, within days you'll lose more weight than a Tijuana crackwhore!

Don't be afraid!

COME AND...
2014-03-31, 9:04 AM #37
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/4Hq0a50_zps106ce627.gif]
2014-03-31, 9:15 AM #38
[http://www.summonerwars.com/sand_wyrm.jpg]

GO SAND GOBLINS GO!

POST RANDOM **** POST!
幻術
2014-03-31, 9:18 AM #39