Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Saving GOBs with JED/ZED
Saving GOBs with JED/ZED
2014-03-31, 9:38 AM #1
It has been awhile since I cracked open JED/ZED & I managed to get JKDF2 (in software mode) & said application (minus the issue at hand) working under Windows 8, but JKDF2 &/or Windows 8 isn't recognizing any of the episodes/GOBs that I've been saving to said game's EPISODE directory. If I navigate to said directory via JED/ZED, the GOB file shows up, but if I navigate to said directory via File Explorer, it doesn't (odd, because I had assumed that JED/ZED was utilizing it). Also, JKDF2 doesn't recognize the episode via the in-game episode menu (assuming this is because File Explorer doesn't either). However, JKDF2 does recognize addon episodes that I download from the Internet. I initially thought that I was saving my episode incorrectly via JED/ZED, but I took a refresher course on saving via the Jedi Knight Editing Manual & I appear to have done everything correctly. Has anyone run in to this issue or have any idea as to what may be occurring? Could it be a permissions issue of some sort? Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Even when I copy the GOB from the JED/ZED File Explorer into the Windows 8 File Explorer JKDF2 doesn't recognize the file. I've included an image to better explain the phenomenon.

Note: I resolved the issue by running JED/ZED as administrator. My apologies for the conversation with myself. I'll leave this here in case anyone else runs in to the issue.
? :)
2014-04-05, 2:53 AM #2
Glad to be of help.

WE ACCEPT'CHA, ONE OF US
WE ACCEPT'CHA, ONE OF US
.GOObble .GOBble
.GOObble .GOBble
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!