Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What are you playing?
What are you playing?
2014-03-31, 11:08 AM #1
This is for not just video games; this can include board games, sports, etc. Please link for the game and your thoughts as well. "Too many" is not a legitimate answer - pick your literal latest, or favorite, or whatever.

1) What have you last played?

2) What are you currently playing?

3) What are you looking to play next?

------------------------------------------

1) Typing of the Dead Overkill - Fun stuff, and I'm hoping to play the multiplayer sometime.
Settlers of Catan - Never played it before until recently. Fun stuff, not nearly as complex as I thought it'd be.

2) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - I'm a Zelda junkie, and it feeds my Zelda addiction.
Tsuro of the Seas - I've actually played this before Settlers and I continue to bring it out. Still haven't tried implementing the expansion yet.

3) Probably Mario Kart 8 though it's hard to say. I'm not sure what's a good "upcoming board games" site to check out, and at this point, mostly loook to Wil Wheton's Tabletop series to try new stuff.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2014-03-31, 11:16 AM #2
1) Mass Effect 3. Before that... Mass Effect 1 (finally played through it in November 2013, after first getting the game in early 2008) and 2 (playing it through in December 2013, after getting it for the first time in early 2010). Good stuff, if I were a younger and ... faster ... gamer(r) I'd probably go for a second full-series playthrough, but that's highly unlikely/nigh-impossible.

2) Mass Effect 3. Still got the rest of the Citadel DLC and the end-game beginning from the Cerberus Base to go. My EMS meter is 100% full and green, the Geths and the Quarians are friends etc.

What could possibly go wrong?

3) Possibly Bioshock Infinite + DLC, perhaps finally tackling DX:HR Director's Cut. Most likely (yet not with absolute certainty), Deus Ex: Revision.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-03-31, 11:22 AM #3
The only game I play regularly is World of Tanks. I might get into Civ 6 when it's released.
2014-03-31, 11:22 AM #4
1) Dark Souls

2) Dark Souls, Wind Waker HD

3) Dark Souls 2
2014-03-31, 11:29 AM #5
Originally posted by Jon`C:
1) Dark Souls

2) Dark Souls, Wind Waker HD

3) Dark Souls 2

A masochist, I see. (I sucked a lot at Dark Souls 1)
2014-03-31, 11:37 AM #6
I like this vid

2014-03-31, 11:41 AM #7

Obviously I had to start Wind Waker HD on Hero Mode.
2014-03-31, 11:47 AM #8
Hero Mode from the start is one of the changes I'm liking with the HD version so far.

As for Dark Souls, my general reaction:
2014-03-31, 12:08 PM #9
1) Far Cry 3
2) Nothing
3) No plans
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-03-31, 12:31 PM #10
Quote:

And Yet It Moves, Bastion, The Bridge, Deadlight, FEZ, RAGE...

Quote:

Doom 3.

Quote:

The Stanley Parable, maybe.
? :)
2014-03-31, 12:44 PM #11
1. Just finished up Bioshock Infinite DLC, and it was amazing. Very much amazing.

2. Currently playing a lot of Diablo 3. The new update and expansion really fixed the game.

3. TF2. Always TF2. Honestly I don't have any games coming up in the near near future.
2014-03-31, 12:56 PM #12
1 through 3: EA Sports NHL series on the Xbox, with some occasional FIFA (also on Xbox) and Civilization 5 on the PC.

I'm sorry. :(
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2014-03-31, 1:16 PM #13
Originally posted by Mentat:
The Stanley Parable, maybe.

I really loved it, though it's definitely something I think you either love or hate.
2014-03-31, 1:36 PM #14
Guitar
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 2:34 PM #15
Don't really have much time to play now, but when I do, I play Jagged Alliance 2 or a heavily modded Fallout: New Vegas. XRE Cars mod is the ****. :)
幻術
2014-03-31, 2:38 PM #16
reading op is hard
2014-03-31, 3:50 PM #17
Last thing launched was Arkham City, which I only got this weekend when it was on sale.

Games I've been playing lately;
a little bit of LOTRO
War Thunder
lots of Borderlands 2
lots of Arkham City
every now and then some co-op Portal 2
a little while back I played through Castle Crashers and I was playing Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion quite a bit

Looking forward to the currently non-existent PC port of GTA V
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2014-03-31, 4:53 PM #18
Ok I'll actually play by the rules this time:

The last game I played to completion was Mass Effect 3. This was due to FGR talking about how he completely ruined the story of Mass Effect and tainting my memory of it. It was also to try out the Happy Ending Mod, which I was really disappointed in. I greatly prefer the original (read: extended) ending.

Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Forza 4 (Because Forza 5 is a half complete disgrace that is also releasing some of the worst DLC of all time), Guild Wars 2, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Goat Simulator.

Battlefield 4: Naval Strike is currently downloading, but I'll probably hold off on it for a little while, since it's nearly guaranteed to be completely broken upon launch. Additionally, I intend to someday play that Walking Dead game that I bought four months ago. I'm not even sure I really want to play it at this point, but I am sure I want Michael MacFarlane to stop telling me I need to play it.
>>untie shoes
2014-03-31, 5:02 PM #19
1) Just finished Borderlands 2.
2) Mostly just playing Diablo 3 since the expansion.
3) More Diablo? Or possibly grind some job faction.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2014-03-31, 5:40 PM #20
GOAT SIMULATOR
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-03-31, 7:36 PM #21
1) Assassin's Creed: Revelations
2) Assassin's Creed: Revelations
3) If uPlay ever lets me log in again: Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Seriously pissed. haven't played in a couple weeks because i cant log in.

Seriously, uPlay doesn't even send an email to reset password. I've requested one a number of times, and nothing. I even made a new account (which i cant use to play because the CD key is associated with the other account) and tried to get a password reset email sent. no dice. uPlay is broken, and ubisoft doesn't seem to give a ****.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2014-04-01, 6:26 AM #22
1. GTA5
2. The Lara Croft Cruelty Simulator
3. Probably Arkham Origins, but I might take a bash at Ground Zeroes or shell out on the MGS Legacy Collection.
nope.
2014-04-01, 6:30 AM #23
Doing my third trilogy playthrough of Mass Effect (with all the DLC). Currently playing ME3 for (I think) the sixth time.

Also playing Fallout New Vegas with all the DLC, but took a time out to finish ME first.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2014-04-01, 7:02 AM #24
ORJ_JoS, I highly recommend the XRE Cars mod ... the wasteland hadn't been the same since.
幻術
2014-04-01, 7:07 AM #25
Originally posted by Jon'C:
reading op is hard

My comments make you hard.

The last two games I loved were Witcher 2 and X-Com: Enemy Unknown.

JA2, Fallout New Vegas; I much prefer Fallout 3 to NV, actually, but I want to write another Fallout fan-fic considering the popularity of my first attempt with the G+ Fallout Community (yeyeye whatever, you don't have to read it if you don't want to), and so I'm just about to start doing random stuff in NV for screenshots' sake as soon as I get the 4k caps to buy the car I want. :D

Considering investing into a new machine for Witcher 3 and the new cyberpunk game by the same studio. :)
幻術
2014-04-01, 7:43 AM #26
Christ, do you have to find a way to promote your writing in every thread?
>>untie shoes
2014-04-01, 7:46 AM #27
Jon`C made him do it, Antony.

That fiend.
2014-04-01, 7:47 AM #28
Antony, you ****ing idiot, people here don't like me or my writing (apart from perhaps 1-2 people who are too intelligent to post), do you really think I mentioned the reason I'm playing Fallout: NV is because I want to write a story so I can promote my writing on MASSASSI? Really? ARRRGH HOW DUMB ARE YOU PEOPLE ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.
幻術
2014-04-01, 7:59 AM #29
Originally posted by Koobie:
Antony, you ****ing idiot, people here don't like me or my writing (apart from perhaps 1-2 people who are too intelligent to post), do you really think I mentioned the reason I'm playing Fallout: NV is because I want to write a story so I can promote my writing on MASSASSI? Really? ARRRGH HOW DUMB ARE YOU PEOPLE ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.

"How come people who are smart and educated don't appreciate my schlocky derivative video game fan-fic?? I'm going to go to Tosche Station and pick up some Hookah Converters... and then keep writing more Fallout fan-fic of the same calibre until people panic and give in."
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2014-04-01, 8:06 AM #30
Actually, everyone who read it loved it. Everyone who commented, at least. Quite sure that a number of them were smart and educated. Makes sense why you don't like me, though ... like Jon'C you like to form opinions about **** you've never read or seen based on ... on ... I don't even know on what. Anyway, this isn't about me or my writing, for that I highly recommend you proceed to Thread for Joncey. Move along now, nothing to see here.
幻術
2014-04-01, 8:19 AM #31
Hey look, the "What are you playing?" thread is about Koobie now.
2014-04-01, 8:26 AM #32
^ and also Jon'C!
幻術
2014-04-01, 10:54 AM #33
"QUOTE=Koobie;1184356]^ and also Jon'C![/QUOTE]

I like how Koobie actually uses a slightly more elaborate version of "no u" as a response to anything negative said to him. Of course, then he contends that he doesn't display the maturity of a child. It's all really great fun.
>>untie shoes
2014-04-01, 1:19 PM #34
Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online

Russian Roulette
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2014-04-01, 3:14 PM #35
Originally posted by Antony:
I like how Koobie actually uses a slightly more elaborate version of "no u" as a response to anything negative said to him. Of course, then he contends that he doesn't display the maturity of a child. It's all really great fun.

"NO U" is a pretty typical response among all idiots cf.

1. Global warming deniers claiming meteorologists are in it for the money

2. Conservative Christians calling university professors bigoted and close-minded (God's Not Dead anyone?)

3. Creationists like Ben Stein saying "if Darwinists [N.B. use of the term Darwinists instead of 'every biologist of any respect in his field'] are so sure they're right, then what are they afraid of?"

4. Ben Stein saying "Universities are fortresses of nonsense" and without a hint of irony suggesting the Bible as a source of knowledge.
2014-04-01, 9:01 PM #36
Originally posted by Alan:
Russian Roulette

Gotta play to win.
幻術
2014-04-01, 9:11 PM #37
Originally posted by Koobie:
Gotta play to win.

i'll play russian roulette with you koobie on two conditions:

- you go first
- we use a semi-auto pistol
2014-04-01, 9:12 PM #38
Originally posted by Jon`C:
i'll play russian roulette with you koobie on two conditions:

- you go first
- we use a semi-auto pistol

This is on-topic because it's basically Dark Souls
2014-04-02, 6:47 AM #39
Last game I completed was... mh. Second playthrough of Dark Souls. Much easier than the first time around, that's for sure.

Flicking between The Guild II, Space Engineers, Payday 2 and occasional bouts of Civ 4.

Probably some form of FF. Maybe FFIX. Then Tactics.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2014-04-02, 8:37 AM #40
1) I haven't been playing much. Morrowind and Borderlands 2 with Dormouse a little over a month ago.

2) Yesterday I was playing Unreal World, which is a wilderness survival roguelike that takes place in some kind of iron age Finland. It's pretty weird and complicated, but it's probably the best wilderness survival game I've ever played, in terms of realism and detail.

3) The next version of Dwarf Fortress when it comes out. It'll be soon. Also System Shock 2.
I'm just a little boy.

↑ Up to the top!