Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Will of the People Shall Be Heard
The Will of the People Shall Be Heard
2014-04-15, 8:50 AM #1
Because I am a sick *******, I shall put the fate of Koobie to the people.

Vote appropriately.
2014-04-15, 8:55 AM #2
Steadying himself atop the speeding Lamborghini, the Sorcelator drew his twin wands - Hurt and Burn. He was going to make damn sure the Pirate Assassins and their metal friends rued this day.

And rued it hard.

"Who dares disturb the Crypt fo the Immortal Space *****es?" a voice was heard to say.

"I am Grimm Shado", said Grimm Shado, his triple wand claws extending. "And I am here to take it to the limit."
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-04-15, 8:57 AM #3
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
"And I am here to take it to the limit."

**** yes.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-04-15, 9:01 AM #4
This is an old poem by Vladimir Russinovich. Pardon the translation,

KOOBIE IS DUMB
HE REAL DUMB
AND ALSO A BAD PERSON
BAN HIM FOREVER
ALSO IRL IF YOU CAN

[http://i.imgur.com/FgPmy.jpg]
2014-04-15, 9:08 AM #5
While I voted for "I don't think this poll is unbiased" I also agree with banning Koobie. While I feel he has been unfairly antagonized in the past by others who should have been banned for their actions, he's also personally attacked people back and "they started it" is not a valid reason not to be banned. He's also made, at best, very ignorant sexual remarks, may have discussed drugs (I only followed so much of the conversations), and certainly broke the following:
Quote:

• Do not post if you know you cannot follow the rules - If you feel that you cannot express yourself without breaking the rules, then do not post at all.
[*][B]If you make this place un-enjoyable for everyone or anyone else, you will be dealt with[/B] - Even if you have not technically broken a rule, but you do something that either upsets others or goes against the spirit of the forum, you will be taken care of in a manner deemed appropriate. The Admins try to enforce the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law.

[/LIST]
How long he should be banned for, if not permanent, is another matter.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2014-04-15, 9:27 AM #6
What if we just took away his ability to post pictures?

By banning him, I mean.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-04-15, 10:02 AM #7
This is retarded.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2014-04-15, 10:03 AM #8
2014-04-15, 10:08 AM #9
2014-04-15, 11:00 AM #10
The poll has been fixed.

I blame witchaloks.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/emot-fgrduck14_zps4a792e0d.png]
2014-04-15, 12:14 PM #11
I blame witchaloks.

Listen. You can be a Witch, or you can be a Warlok. It is physically impossible to be a "Witchalok."
2014-04-15, 12:16 PM #12
Oh, they're hermaphroditic androgynites.
2014-04-15, 12:21 PM #13
What does that even mean? And why do you know it?
2014-04-15, 12:25 PM #14
You'd know all this if you had read "Lord of the God-Kings".
2014-04-15, 12:57 PM #15
His writing is bad and that's fine, he has been posting some very terrible opinions lately which I am less okay with

I almost worry Massassi doesn't have enough regular users to ban any people, though :(
2014-04-15, 1:21 PM #16

Ok, I'm getting into my car and I'm driving to Barnes and Noble. If that is the name of a real book, I'm going to kill myself.
Others may also die.
I'm going to play this by ear.
2014-04-15, 1:34 PM #17
what are we gonna talk about if koobie is not here

i mean these days there's not even like... i don't know. We don't have a Game of Thrones thread. We don't have any political threads, threads about games, tech news, anything. There are still occasionally good discussions, but they seem to only arise as tangents in other threads.
2014-04-15, 1:34 PM #18
What was this last ban for anyway? Other than looking in the proscription thread I'm too lazy to read thru all his recent posts and trying to figure out content/context.

From what I've seen I don't think he deserves a ban. I think some leeway should be given with posts or threads responding to people that are attacking him. I do remember a few instances of people accusing him of racists posts, but those seemed to be communication failures or ignorance rather than hateful. ie- Gypsies:rant:
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2014-04-15, 1:45 PM #19
Originally posted by saberopus:
what are we gonna talk about if koobie is not here

i mean these days there's not even like... i don't know. We don't have a Game of Thrones thread. We don't have any political threads, threads about games, tech news, anything. There are still occasionally good discussions, but they seem to only arise as tangents in other threads.

I'll talk GoT with you. Get to making a thread about it, yo. :awesome:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2014-04-15, 3:50 PM #20
I don't think that he should be banned unless he's violating the rules. If he's pissing everyone off & isn't violating the rules, maybe they need to be changed. Also, I think that lifetime bans are pretty harsh.
? :)
2014-04-15, 4:21 PM #21
I'm actually in favour of lifting every single ban and seeing who crawls out of the woodwork
nope.
2014-04-15, 4:37 PM #22
Remember how this place got boring after wookie06 got banned?

Yeah, what Baconfish said.

Let's liven the place up.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2014-04-15, 5:15 PM #23
Oh look: A thread about koobie....
>>untie shoes
2014-04-15, 6:50 PM #24

I just checked on Amazon and I am heartbroken that this isn't available for sale there. :gbk:
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2014-04-15, 7:02 PM #25
Originally posted by Antony:
Oh look: A thread about koobie....

Stop making every thread about Koobie. This thread is about Koobie.
2014-04-15, 8:57 PM #26
I mean but at least with Wookie, the arguments were about​ something.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-04-15, 10:07 PM #27
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I'm actually in favour of lifting every single ban and seeing who crawls out of the woodwork

this.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2014-04-15, 10:32 PM #28
If the only argument for not banning Koobie is "lol we need more activity!!!!!1111beef"... well, that's just great.
2014-04-16, 4:10 AM #29
[http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cBXkK1oFBhY/TXD7sxEoBuI/AAAAAAAADyk/xSrun-I6yaQ/s1600/voting.jpg]
幻術
2014-04-16, 7:51 AM #30
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
What was this last ban for anyway? Other than looking in the proscription thread I'm too lazy to read thru all his recent posts and trying to figure out content/context.
Yecti came back after a 10 month hiatus and the first thing he saw was Koobie making fun of trans people in a completely unrelated thread. It's easy to connect the dots from there. He wasn't banned because the "popular" people hate him, he was banned because someone else happened by and saw something in Koobie that should make any respectable adult feel ashamed.

To the people who want Koobie for his entertainment value: he's already played out. I'm the person doing most of the work here, and I'm getting bored of it. At least with Wookie06 there was always a wealth of current events to talk about. With Koobie the subject is always Koobie, because he's obsessed with himself, and there just isn't a lot more to say about him. This forum moves slowly enough that an unchecked Koobie could easily turn it into exclusive self-promotion, and that'd kill the forums a hell of a lot faster than dead air because aint nobody gonna stick around some place full of some idiot's bad poetry and fan fics.
2014-04-16, 7:56 AM #31
All Koobie would need is to start posting his furry art to complete the dark ritual and *poof* massassi turns into yet another deviantart that nobody ever looks at.
2014-04-16, 8:46 AM #32
Originally posted by Jon'C:
I'm the person doing most of the work here, and I'm getting bored of it. At least with Wookie06 there was always a wealth of current events to talk about. With Koobie the subject is always Koobie, because he's obsessed with himself, and there just isn't a lot more to say about him.

Fixed:

Originally posted by Jon'C:
I'm the person doing most of the work here, and I'm getting bored of it. At least with Wookie06 there was always a wealth of current events to talk about. With Koobie the subject is always Jon'C, because I'm obsessed with myself, and there just isn't a lot more to say about me.

Also, I wasn't making fun of Dormouse because she is transgender (insert politically correct term). I was making fun of her because she'd said something really stupid. :) I'm making fun of you for similar reasons, Dear Internet Person.

CROWD CHANT: NO, U!

PS. Also, saying "I don't care you are transgender" is not the same as making fun of somebody. Does it really matter that I'm straight (or white, or Slavic, or whatever)?
幻術
2014-04-16, 9:02 AM #33
Well good, at least you're honest enough to not deny trying to turn this forum into Koobie's For-Profit Fanfic Clearinghouse
2014-04-16, 9:21 AM #34
I never wrote a fan fic "for profit" in my life, Jon'C. That would be illegal and tasteless ... what gave you the idea that I wrote The Girl with the Scarab Necklace book for anything other than fun and practice? And I do have to say, your comments really did help, and you were spot-on about the title needing a change.

And does the irony of continuously shouting "Koobie this, Koobie that," and then, "Koobie, too much about you! Koobie, let's talk about me!" escape you?
幻術
2014-04-16, 12:53 PM #35
Originally posted by Cool_Matty:
Koobie is an awful person and writer.

I find this poll option offensive because it is insensitive to deny my drug problem.
幻術
2014-04-16, 12:59 PM #36
Originally posted by Reid:
Massassi is boring without him

Normally I would agree, but it's really not. Sarn kept Massassi entertaining. Wookie06 kept Massassi entertaining. Koobie turned it into a damned circus.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2014-04-16, 12:59 PM #37
I changed my mind
2014-04-16, 1:33 PM #38
Originally posted by Koobie:
And does the irony of continuously shouting "Koobie this, Koobie that," and then, "Koobie, too much about you! Koobie, let's talk about me!" escape you?

I think the irony escapes most people because you made up the part that would have made it ironic.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2014-04-16, 5:44 PM #39
Wait... Sarn got banned? I thought he just stopped checking in.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2014-04-16, 8:51 PM #40
Originally posted by Koobie:
Also, I wasn't making fun of Dormouse because she is transgender (insert politically correct term). I was making fun of her because she'd said something really stupid. :)

Whether or not you'll be honest with yourself about the former, I very much doubt you can reasonably lie your way out of your persistent slurring and mockery of neuro-atypical people; i.e., anyone who disagrees with you must be "retarded".
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

↑ Up to the top!