Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Massassi Level Pack: The Epilogue?

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Hooray! Cheers and thanks for all your efforts, Brian and CoolMatty.

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Thanks also to the level creators, I guess.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

And most importantly of all, we'd like to thank

/me turns to the player

You.

I expect behind the scenes "making-of" videos for each of these levels, in the vein of AKPiggot's Tales of a Mercenary 2: Behind the Mercenary.
    And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    And most importantly of all, we'd like to thank

/me turns to the player

You.
    Wow, he will be glad you thought of him.
    Sorry for the lousy German

Quote Originally Posted by Impi View Post
    Wow, he will be glad you thought of him.
    Last edited by Brian; 02-25-2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: use https so we don't get mixed content warnings
    And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

Great relief to finally get my level out there! I'll get round to playing the other levels over the weekend. Scary when I look at the date of my first Massassi release... that's quite a few years.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Just played through the released version of Magrucko 3, it's definitely a blast.

In fact, I think anyone playing the levels should save that one for last because it really puts together the whole "the circle is now complete" motif for the contest, Massassi and Jedi Knight.

But as the old adage goes, these levels are the JK projects to end all JK projects until proven wrong.

Nikumubeki do you feel like TODOA being the JK project to end all JK projects was proven wrong?

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

The answer we're looking for, Kroko, is Doctor Worm.

I honestly don't think so.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Quote Originally Posted by Krokodile View Post
    Who's Doctor Worm?
    Nobody.

So shut up.

Hey wait a minute, I didn't even type "Who's Doctor Worm?" in a message.
    Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    The system is infallible, Kruku. That cannot be fake.

Whelp time to boot up some utilities to play some mods. Hopefully my computer's sudden and unwarranted up(?)grade to Windows 10 won't cause any issues.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

But as the old adage goes, these levels are the JK projects to end all JK projects until proven wrong.
    You know, I really shouldn't have said that since now, ~2 years later, no one has proven me wrong!

(I guess this one COULD qualify, but .. eh, I dunno)

^^vv<><>BASTART
    If time was unlimited, I'd love to try a level I had ideas for. Like the Gromas Mines map I did, with moving minecart puzzles and timing/jumping events. But if I'm going to work on development I think I'd rather do UE4 stuff at this point..

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    But if I'm going to work on development I think I'd rather do UE4 stuff at this point..
    Whatever you do, don't waste 2000 eurodollars on that exact attempt and 6 months later realize that "you know, despite not being in actual financial trouble over all this... not having wasted those 2000 euros would still have been quite preferable".

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Whatever you do, don't waste 2000 eurodollars on that exact attempt and 6 months later realize that "you know, despite not being in actual financial trouble over all this... not having wasted those 2000 euros would still have been quite preferable".
    I think my strategy is to work on designing a fun game without any assets, which means I don't think I'll ever get to that point.

The ideal is a stealth game set in Soviet Russia. A la Metal Gear Solid 3 but different in some ways.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    I have some pretty cool guard AI stuff going on. If I can get the gameplay to be diverse and fun, then maybe I'll consider things like story and assets.