Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 214

Thread: How fast can you redirect attention from the Ferguson shooting to the rioting?

  1. #81
    It's Stuart, Martha Stuart
    Posts
    7,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Zarn View Post
    I've only dealt with cops a few times, and I hated it each and every single time. The one occasion stands out the most is when I went to take my ex-fiance home. We had to stop at a police barricade, and one of the cops there was really friendly and cool with me. He let me through, I dropped the woman off at her place, and drove back. When I got to the barricade again, the SAME OFFICER came to my window, and grilled me about where I live, what I do, where I've been, what I've been doing, what I have in my car, and tried his damnedest to get me to submit to a search of my vehicle.

    Jesus ****ing Christ...
    I'm sure it varies by location, but I've never had too many issues with cops. Usually when I get pulled over for speeding, they were polite. I know there are massive tools out there, but I think being friendly and non-confrontational helps a lot. If you've ever had a service industry job, you know how crappy much of the populace can be. It's got to be a whole lot worse for cops. I don't think it's realistic to expect 20 year old kids making 18$/hr to handle that perfectly. I'd like to see us raise our standard of training and professionalism for the police force, but realistically, we aren't ever going to get anywhere near perfect without investing a lot more money into it. I'm just happy that it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

  2. #82
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    That's the first time I've ever heard a young white person say they've never really had any trouble with the cops.
    >>untie shoes

  3. #83
    It's Stuart, Martha Stuart
    Posts
    7,844
    Unless I'm mistaken, Zarn is white as well. I tend to not be super impressed with hearing white people complain about how much cops suck. While it is possible that they had some really bad experiences, because that does happen, it's also very possible that they are just ******* with authority issues.

    It's kind of a different issue if you are black. That's a big, difficult to solve issue, that desperately needs to be addressed.

  4. #84
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    My worst experience with a cop is having one drive his police cruiser onto the sidewalk, jump out the door with his hand on his sidearm, lecture me about responsibility for about ten minutes, and then used his pen to write me a $140 ticket for jaywalking. Nice guy.

    The difference is, if I was black he would have used the sidearm instead of the pen.
    >>untie shoes

  5. #85
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Actually, let me rephrase that.

    If I was black he would have started with the baton, and then he would have switched to the sidearm when I didn't just let him beat the **** out of me for jaywalking.
    >>untie shoes

  6. #86
    Have you guys seen that one show? I think it's called "Cops".

    If so, what do you think?

  7. #87
    Everyone's favorite alcoholic administrator!
    Posts
    8,684
    So just for clarification, we're all in agreement that we need law enforcement to provide a stable society lest we descend into anarchy. It's just the people who do end up (not all) being law enforcement are undesirable people.

    Also, and this is mainly for my fellow Californians, do you all remember that California Highway Patrolman who basically was roided out of his mind and started pummeling a black woman mercilessly?
    Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

  8. #88
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    That doesn't surprise me at all, dalf.

    I know a surprising number of guys who are cops (most of them I met when I was in boot camp, and have kept up with via Facebook). The general response to anything critical being said about police is "You ungrateful piece of ****! I hope someone tries to murder you and there isn't a cop around to stop it." and "If I stop you and you don't do what I say, you had better be prepared to die."

    Strangely enough, virtually every one of these guys thinks that every man, woman, and child in America should be armed. Our police are insane.

    It's ****ing terrifying.
    >>untie shoes

  9. #89
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,061
    But each and every one of them is better than every person here because *babbles incoherently*.

  10. #90
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    It's incredibly telling about the American justice system that you can be incarcerated solely for resisting arrest, or failure to cooperate with an armed sociopath, er, police officer.
    >>untie shoes

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    It's incredibly telling about the American justice system that you can be incarcerated solely for resisting arrest, or failure to cooperate with an armed sociopath, er, police officer.
    This is why I can't take your arguments seriously or believe you because you are predisposed to label any police officer as an armed sociopath. I don't know what it is you do that provokes negative reactions, but I'm going to assume it's not far off from all the youtube videos where young people go around taunting officers with insults, throwing water or food at them, and then play the victim when the officer reacts. If someone is in my face constantly telling me that I'm a sociopath, a violent dumb person, or whatever, you bet there comes a point where I no longer can take it and will react. It is important to remember they are human beings and face attitudes every single day.

    That being said, I will acknowledge there is significant portion of officers who either need training or need to be dismissed entirely. The Ferguson case is not a good case to use as an example of police profiling or prejudice against the black community. Does prejudice exist against minorities? I'm sure it does, but I am not sure that it is shared by most cops, or in every city, or town, and I am confident that it is not exclusive to police depts either.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  12. #92
    It's Stuart, Martha Stuart
    Posts
    7,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    It's incredibly telling about the American justice system that you can be incarcerated solely for resisting arrest, or failure to cooperate with an armed sociopath, er, police officer.
    Ok, you need to stop and check your freaking privilege here. There are a lot of places where there's a hell of a lot more to worry about from police than, "I have PTSD from getting a jaywalking ticket." For all I know, you deserved it, and if you felt it was unjust, it would be been fairly easy to win in court. There is definitely room for improvement in police professionalism, but acting like police just run around and do nothing but screw with people, and shoot unarmed black people on a daily basis is freaking stupid. It's just but-hurt confirmation bais. Chill out.

    We live in an organized society. We don't deal with wrongful arrests with violence. We cooperate, and deal with it in the courts. This is not the wild west.
    Last edited by Obi_Kwiet; 12-09-2014 at 01:46 PM.

  13. #93
    check your privilege
    *pukes*

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Kwiet View Post
    Ok, you need to stop and check your freaking privilege here. There are a lot of places where there's a hell of a lot more to worry about from police than, "I have PTSD from getting a jaywalking ticket." For all I know, you deserved it, and if you felt it was unjust, it would be been fairly easy to win in court. There is definitely room for improvement in police professionalism, but acting like police just run around and do nothing but screw with people, and shoot unarmed black people on a daily basis is freaking stupid. It's just but-hurt confirmation bais. Chill out.

    We live in an organized society. We don't deal with wrongful arrests with violence. We cooperate, and deal with it in the courts. This is not the wild west.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know how much driving you do Antony, but let me tell you that I do plenty of driving and it pisses me off to no end that people decide to cross in the middle of the street almost at the exact moment when I'm about to pass them. Not only is it distracting for me the driver, it is risky for the pedestrian as he/she could easily miscalculate and end up walking into my vehicle. There is a reason why we have such a law.

    I do think that it would be a good idea to have cameras recording officers at all times. This would go a long ways towards eliminating false testimonies and hopefully people would get perjury charges when lying in court instead of just walking away feeling all good about themselves for lying against an officer waiting for the next opportunity.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  15. #95
    "Incarcerated solely for resisting arrest." lol
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16


  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie06 View Post
    "Incarcerated solely for resisting arrest." lol
    I can see how someone could be upset because their incarceration was extended for resisting arrest, especially if they feel their actions don't warrant an arrest (like jaywalking), but then again, I'd probably sue a cop for harrasment, abuse or misuse of power if I got arrested for jaywalking, and resisting arrest wouldn't look good in court.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  17. #97
    Everyone's favorite alcoholic administrator!
    Posts
    8,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all, dalf.

    I know a surprising number of guys who are cops (most of them I met when I was in boot camp, and have kept up with via Facebook). The general response to anything critical being said about police is "You ungrateful piece of ****! I hope someone tries to murder you and there isn't a cop around to stop it." and "If I stop you and you don't do what I say, you had better be prepared to die."

    Strangely enough, virtually every one of these guys thinks that every man, woman, and child in America should be armed. Our police are insane.

    It's ****ing terrifying.
    Mainly it's because the 2000s were spent deifying everyone who donned a gun and a uniform. Support the troops. Support your local law enforcement. They're ineffable heroes! The cop parked underneath the bridge waiting for you to turn against a "No turn on red", hero! Subpar intelligence mixed with society-backed ego inflation yields Mr. CHP aforementioned.
    Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

  18. #98
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Kwiet View Post
    Ok, you need to stop and check your freaking privilege here.
    I don't know what this means.

    There are a lot of places where there's a hell of a lot more to worry about from police than
    There are bigger problems so the police are not a problem now? Is this like how if something isn't a complete solution it should just be ignored completely?

    "I have PTSD from getting a jaywalking ticket."
    lolwut

    For all I know, you deserved it
    For clarification: I was jaywalking.

    and if you felt it was unjust, it would be been fairly easy to win in court.
    Yeah, the 18 year old me really wanted to square off in court against a guy who spent my only interaction with him 1. nearly running me over with a police cruiser, and 2. Holding onto a revolver with a white-knuckle grip.

    There is definitely room for improvement in police professionalism
    If by improving professionalism you mean putting a stop to rampant abuse of power and ego-flexing, served with a dash of killing some minorities, then I agree.

    but acting like police just run around and do nothing but screw with people, and shoot unarmed black people on a daily basis is freaking stupid.
    Oops! Looks like I don't agree.

    It's just but-hurt confirmation bais.
    No it isn't.

    Chill out.
    Calmer than you are.

    We live in an organized society.
    Thanks to 'dem cops, right!?

    We don't deal with wrongful arrests with violence.
    No, the violence comes with the wrongful arrest as a side dish.

    We cooperate, and deal with it in the courts.
    Where police are virtually never charged.

    This is not the wild west.
    Well, I can't argue with that.
    >>untie shoes

  19. #99
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_GoldG_01 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    This is very likely true.

    I don't know how much driving you do Antony
    Roughly 400 miles each week.

    but let me tell you that I do plenty of driving
    That is terrifying.

    and it pisses me off to no end that people decide to cross in the middle of the street almost at the exact moment when I'm about to pass them.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Is there a point regarding my story where I was crossing an empty street, or are you getting at something completely different?

    Not only is it distracting for me the driver
    This is the last thing we need.

    it is risky for the pedestrian as he/she could easily miscalculate and end up walking into my vehicle.
    Officer, I swear! The person hit my car, not the other way around! I was distracted by the person and then they ran right into my car!

    There is a reason why we have such a law.
    Don't be naive. Mexico doesn't have laws.

    I do think that it would be a good idea to have cameras recording officers at all times.
    Why, so more evidence could be ignored?

    This would go a long ways towards eliminating false testimonies
    Just like police cruiser dash cameras do!

    and hopefully people would get perjury charges when lying in court
    What? I thought it would cut down on false testimony? IS IT GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM OR NOT, GOLD? DON'T TOY WITH ME!

    instead of just walking away feeling all good about themselves for lying against an officer waiting for the next opportunity.
    God, I haven't lied in court to try to ruin a police officer's live in MONTHS! WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?
    >>untie shoes

  20. #100
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie06 View Post
    "Incarcerated solely for resisting arrest." lol
    I have no doubt that an esteemed southern gentlemen such as yourself believes that there are no unjustified arrests.

    Don't worry, Wookie. No one expects you to try to understand problems that white people don't typically face.
    >>untie shoes

  21. #101
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_GoldG_01 View Post
    I can see how someone could be upset because their incarceration was extended for resisting arrest, especially if they feel their actions don't warrant an arrest (like jaywalking), but then again, I'd probably sue a cop for harrasment, abuse or misuse of power if I got arrested for jaywalking, and resisting arrest wouldn't look good in court.
    Are you dip****s inferring that I resisted arrest in a scenario where I was written a ticket and paid a fine?

    And yes, sue a police officer for a bunch of menial things. You'll very likely get the result you're looking for, but your court dates will have to wait until he's been cleared for all of his shooting and brutality claims.
    >>untie shoes

  22. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Where police are virtually never charged,
    I don't think that is true, I do know that there are cases like the Gardner case where an officer should have been indicted for atleast involuntary homicide/manslaughter, but I can't say that this is the norm. You have demonstrated that your personal bias derived from your personal experience (which sounds exagerated, and I mean no offense, but I just can't imagine a cop holding his gun while lecturing you on jaywalking, or perhaps he rested his hands on his sides and you saw it as agressive) is just as bad as the profiling that some officers do onto minorities. You are inclined to believe the testimony of non-police over that of police because your basis is that all police or egocentric racist profiling sociopaths and need incarceration, which is equivalant to stating that all minorities are lying criminals and need to be shot before they hurt someone. If you believe that the latter is false, then you must believe that the first is aswell. Being on the opposite extreme of an issue does not guarantee being on the right side of the issue, neither does it guarantee to be effective in combating the issue, especially when you are indifferent to the posibility of being wrong and are uninterested in reevaluating your beliefs. Being rigid and dogmatic solves nothing.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  23. #103
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by dalf View Post
    Mainly it's because the 2000s were spent deifying everyone who donned a gun and a uniform. Support the troops. Support your local law enforcement. They're ineffable heroes! The cop parked underneath the bridge waiting for you to turn against a "No turn on red", hero! Subpar intelligence mixed with society-backed ego inflation yields Mr. CHP aforementioned.
    You unamerican swine. How dare you hold an opinion counter to that of an obese undereducated janitor and an obese undereducated computer janitor?
    >>untie shoes

  24. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Are you dip****s inferring that I resisted arrest in a scenario where I was written a ticket and paid a fine?
    No, I was demonstrating how that situation could have potentially played out another way, and probably has for others.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  25. #105
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_GoldG_01 View Post
    I don't think that is true
    Unfortunately, that doesn't make it not-true!

    I do know that there are cases like the Gardner case where an officer should have been indicted for atleast involuntary homicide/manslaughter
    Do you understand the difference between the two?

    but I can't say that this is the norm.
    That's fine. I can.

    You have demonstrated that your personal bias
    Oh, ok.

    derived from your personal experience (which sounds exagerated, and I mean no offense, but I just can't imagine a cop holding his gun while lecturing you on jaywalking, or perhaps he rested his hands on his sides and you saw it as agressive)
    "No offense, but since I've never had anything like that happen to me, you're obviously lying."

    is just as bad as the profiling that some officers do onto minorities.
    Yes, because I am armed and there is legal precedent allowing me to enact violence onto them with near-impunity. JUST AS BAD.

    You are inclined to believe the testimony of non-police over that of police because your basis is that all police or egocentric racist profiling sociopaths
    No, I'm inclined to believe that because only undereducated bullies find police-work appealing.

    and need incarceration
    No, just the ones that beat and murder people.

    which is equivalant
    Probably falsely so...

    to stating that all minorities are lying criminals and need to be shot before they hurt someone.
    SURE IS.

    If you believe that the latter is false, then you must believe that the first is aswell.
    I don't think it works that way, but I'll try your false equivalence, you rogue.

    Being on the opposite extreme of an issue does not guarantee being on the right side of the issue
    Tell that to American conservatives.

    neither does it guarantee to be effective in combating the issue
    I'm not trying to combat the issue. I'm arguing with a retarded Mexican on the internet.

    especially when you are indifferent to the posibility of being wrong
    I actually am indifferent about being wrong, but I don't think you're demonstrating that you understand what that means.

    and are uninterested in reevaluating your beliefs.
    I DON'T EVER WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.

    Being rigid and dogmatic solves nothing.
    This is a message I would love for police officers to take to heart.
    >>untie shoes

  26. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all, dalf.
    The general response to anything critical being said about police is "You ungrateful piece of ****! I hope someone tries to murder you and there isn't a cop around to stop it."
    LOL. "there isn't a cop around to stop it."

    Do cops actually think their job is to stop crimes before they happen like Spiderman? The morbid reality is that the best they can do is react to crime and once in a while arrive in time to do anything about it (usually making the situation worse than it already was).

    Well, that and you know, extract fines from the public.
    Last edited by Freelancer; 12-09-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    "it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

  27. #107
    You know, I think Antony is full of crap. There is no way that jaywalking incident went down the way he related it. Judging by his behavior here, I don't think even the best trained cop could have resisted pistol whipping his ass.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16


  28. #108
    Please tell us more about how people are deserving of violence.
    "it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

  29. #109
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Please tell us more about how people are deserving of violence.
    Was going to say pretty much exactly this.
    >>untie shoes

  30. #110
    Racist southern hick ****ing cops!

    http://wiat.com/2014/12/08/tarrant-c...ed-goes-viral/

    And, yes, I do realize that it's as anecdotal as any other incident.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16


  31. #111
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,061
    lol at all y'all ****ers who wanted SF_GoldG_01 to be unbanned because he made the forums more funny. It's not so funny now that I don't have the time to be his tard wrangler, is it??

  32. #112
    Everyone's favorite alcoholic administrator!
    Posts
    8,684
    ^^ I never wanted that...I could fix that. That is to say if I still have the authority to do so ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    You unamerican swine. How dare you hold an opinion counter to that of an obese undereducated janitor and an obese undereducated computer janitor?
    I have sinned. I shall now seek Bill O'Reilly for forgiveness.
    Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

  33. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Please tell us more about how people are deserving of violence.
    Of course Antony wouldn't act in person as he does here. That's most likely the reason he acts the way he does here. But if he did we certainly would have heard of the assaults on him by now. That's not to say anything with regards to him deserving it or not but just an acknowledgement that we live in a violent world and bad things tend to happen to bad people. Like Mike Brown.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16


  34. #114
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Well, looks like I was wrong this whole time. It turns out all cops are good, caring people after all!
    >>untie shoes

  35. #115
    At least he was obese, though.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16


  36. #116
    (Still) On 13 week vacation
    LAWL

    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie06 View Post
    Of course Antony wouldn't act in person as he does here. That's most likely the reason he acts the way he does here. But if he did we certainly would have heard of the assaults on him by now. That's not to say anything with regards to him deserving it or not but just an acknowledgement that we live in a violent world and bad things tend to happen to bad people. Like Mike Brown.
    This post pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with you. I have a different worldview than you, so I deserve to have violence done to me.

    Jesus, you are human trash, through and through.
    >>untie shoes

  37. #117
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Do cops actually think their job is to stop crimes before they happen like Spiderman?
    Yes, they do. They entertain fantasies of superheroism because they are literal children whose sole reaction to even the slightest adversity is the use of violence. This is the reason they chose to become police officers in the first place.

    But yeah, your analysis is correct. Unless you think entrapment, radicalization, and agents provocateur count as crime prevention, in which case hell yeah they prevent a ****load of crime.

  38. #118
    I give up Antony, at the end of the day I know you'll never agree with me because as you so adamantly stated, you are not concerned with being correct or wrong (or about social justice for that matter), which means you are only out to annoy and ridicule people. I was mistaken in believing that you seeked for some sort of reform to improve society and the future. You consider profiling a despicable thing, yet you profile me as a "retarded Mexican", implying that Mexican heritage makes me lesser than you, proving that you are no better then those you claim to be vultures on society, possibly you merely try to project yourself onto police officers. Furthermore, you ignore the fact that I am an American Citizen, and while I take no offense at being called Mexican, since I do share dual nationality and one of my parents is Mexican, I do take offense at having my American heritage discared because of the other one.

    Anyways, I will waste no more time on you, it is clear your only intention is to offend as many people as you can in some misplaced sense of self righteousness and over self worth, instead of finding solutions to problems.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  39. #119
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,061
    Imma gonna threaten this Brownian-American into accepting some fake C4, and then imma gonna arrest him for accepting C4. Another horrible terrorist plot thwarted, the savage legions of al-Qaeda held at bay once again by our great, heroic police service.

    *Boston explodes, asks 4chan for help*

  40. #120
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_GoldG_01 View Post
    I give up Antony, at the end of the day I know you'll never agree with me because as you so adamantly stated, you are not concerned with being correct or wrong (or about social justice for that matter), which means you are only out to annoy and ridicule people.
    Have you ever considered that maybe the reason everybody disagrees with you is because you are wrong?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •