Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Tatooine
Tatooine
2014-11-28, 9:47 PM #1
This project was always over ambitious...
[http://remotebusinessgroup.com/showcase/showtat01.jpg]
2014-11-29, 9:17 AM #2
It reminds me of Friend14's work.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-11-29, 11:28 PM #3
I remember this one! If I remember correctly, you showcased this map (or some of it) in mid-2008 or so which was one of the contributing factors for me to start working on my final JK project. Thanks!

And still looking good!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-11-30, 2:11 PM #4
That looks awesome! Is it part of a level you plan on releasing? Any more shots?
2014-12-02, 8:28 AM #5
Man JK engine doesn't age well. IMHO, the ground texture is too stretched, some of the building textures are also too stretched (tall especially) needs better lighting, maybe some more props and details. If you addressed those things this would look amazing. But I do remember this from years ago!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2014-12-03, 2:23 PM #6
Originally posted by zanardi:
Man JK engine doesn't age well. IMHO, the ground texture is too stretched, some of the building textures are also too stretched (tall especially) needs better lighting, maybe some more props and details. If you addressed those things this would look amazing. But I do remember this from years ago!

If only I had the time to convert all the textures to hi res (with patch) and restitch everything... :(

[Edit] What I just discovered is that when I did add a 1024 hi res texture and scaled it down in ZED, it looked fine in ZED but then was scaled 4x smaller in game.

↑ Up to the top!