Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I turned 28 today
I turned 28 today
2014-12-18, 6:33 PM #1
Yay for getting older.

Time to post the "death with beads" PBF comic.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2014-12-18, 7:30 PM #2
I've said it before and I'll say it again, posting your own birthday thread is for suckers. Especially if you're not even a regular poster.

-___-
2014-12-18, 8:09 PM #3
Saberopus is a hard-on. Don't listen to it.

Happy birthday, alpha1.
>>untie shoes
2014-12-18, 8:26 PM #4
congrats on another year of successfully not dying
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2014-12-18, 8:51 PM #5
Why would you turn 28? Take it from someone who's done it, that's a huge mistake
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-12-18, 11:49 PM #6
Originally posted by saberopus:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, posting your own birthday thread is for suckers. Especially if you're not even a regular poster.

-___-

I would like to take this moment to point out that in my 30 and a half years of having been born I've never made an "It's my birthday" thread on the internet or any other computer network such as the ARPANET (nevermind the fact that I would not have had access to that anyway) or any BBS.

Anyway, happy birthday you Australian whom I mostly remember from making spelling mistakes and praising his own country.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2014-12-19, 12:12 AM #7
I would like to take this moment to point out that in my 26 years and 5 months of having been born I've never made a "I've never made an "It's my birthda" thread" post on the Internet or any other computer network or BBS.

Anyway, happy birthday you Australian whom I mostly remember from making some weird posts back in the day. But then again, who didnt'?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-12-19, 12:25 AM #8
Alpha One: Mission critical craft shields down!
Alpha One: Mission critical craft hull condition critical.
Alpha One: Mission critical craft destroyed.
2014-12-19, 12:27 AM #9
Speaking of which, Jones, I gave up trying to remake TIE Fighter songs. Partly because this guy has done a pretty good job on it and mostly because the integrity of this one is as sturdy as a TIE Fighter itself.
2014-12-19, 12:58 AM #10
Haha, wow--I was listening to the first piece on that first playlist you linked, and I wanted to send you guys a link in which some commenter complains about how JJ Abrams "ruins" every sci.fi. movie he touches, and that it's terrible that there's no Thrawn in ep.7, etc., BUT: when I clicked on the link to the comment, some kind of crazy javascript resulted in the same page being embedded in itself, so that the video started over again, but while continuing to play the stream from the first visit to the page in the background. After doing this twice to get three choruses of TIE Fighter music, I became convinced that I was in some kind Expanded Universe conservatory, in which the orchestra was warming up to let God play TIE Fighter on his Earth computer.
2014-12-19, 1:01 AM #11
One day, when I can afford to download the Adobe ® Flash Player, I will listen to your composition.
2014-12-19, 3:07 AM #12
That's about the worst excuse I've heard in a long time.

But also a good jab, so I will reuse it somewhere else... ho-ho-hoo!
2014-12-19, 5:03 AM #13
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Alpha One: Mission critical craft shields down!
Alpha One: Mission critical craft hull condition critical.
Alpha One: Mission critical craft destroyed.

"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2014-12-19, 5:37 AM #14
Y'ALL ARE OLD.
nope.
2014-12-19, 11:47 PM #15
That'll happen.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2014-12-20, 2:01 AM #16
I don't have anything else to contribute to this thread, except to say that when I opened the forums today I realized that the in-flight iMuse TIE Fighter music was still playing in my head.

I love that one modulation that happens when you timer is almost out in the training simulator (obstacle course).
2014-12-21, 5:28 AM #17
Actually, screw those previous remakes:

https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/sets/tie

(Nobody seems to have attempted to remake this, though. Oh well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyTNC9uDOk )
2014-12-21, 11:45 AM #18
That second one brings back some memories of feeling VERY happy inside. :-)
2014-12-21, 8:54 PM #19
Pft TIE Fighter was easymode compared to X-Wing you casuals
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!