Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dark Forces II was the most viewed game on Twitch for 30 minutes
Dark Forces II was the most viewed game on Twitch for 30 minutes
2015-01-05, 2:52 PM #1
There was a JK speed run done during AGDQ, and over 140,000 people just watched our old livelihoods gents. It was pretty great. Reminds me of the old speed runs posted here.

"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2015-01-05, 11:53 PM #2
Those be CoolMatty powerz.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-01-06, 8:07 AM #3
Oh man, guys. Remember the question mark inside a squared-off speech bubble? He was my favorite character.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-01-06, 2:18 PM #4
i caught it 15 minutes in and watched the next 20 that it lasted. AGDQ is awesome and I'm glad to see charity gaming and streaming getting noticed more.

Also, our currently beloved leader, CM is at AGDQ and was on the couch commentating for the JK run.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2015-01-06, 3:44 PM #5
So somebody played the JK2 Dark Forces on the Twitcher for a half hour. #lame
>>untie shoes
2015-01-06, 6:08 PM #6
I actually watched it. It was pretty impressive. It was only 30 minutes because he beat the game in 29.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2015-01-07, 6:17 AM #7
I missed it. I suppose it wasn't random engy or exploding cabbage?
2015-01-07, 6:41 AM #8
Someone on another forum I frequent referred to it as Jedi Knight 2. This made me furious, and I realized such a mistake would never get made on this little forum of ours. I mean, I'm sure it's been made here in the past, but you wouldn't see it now, anyway.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-01-07, 6:48 AM #9
Honestly, Kroko, I don't think that's as insulting as people referring to JO and/or especially JA as "Jedi Knight". They better all burn in hell.
2015-01-07, 7:28 AM #10
Great, now you reminded me of THOSE people.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-01-07, 2:42 PM #11
And now you can watch it again!

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJA1Z-nApM
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2015-01-07, 8:55 PM #12
Originally posted by genk:
And now you can watch it again!

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJA1Z-nApM

As someone who doesn't know what any of you look like, except thrawn, I must say, I was surprised by CM.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-01-08, 9:07 AM #13
So you're claiming that you always missed those instances when the forum logo was changed to the CM's Personal Donation Request for Child's Play or something similar?

As in, you claim that you didn't check the forums each and every day when you were banned in hopes that he'd have changed his mind?

:colbert:
2015-01-08, 9:27 AM #14
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Honestly, Kroko, I don't think that's as insulting as people referring to JO and/or especially JA as "Jedi Knight". They better all burn in hell.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy?
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2015-01-08, 9:27 AM #15
I think you mean JKO 2: JKA
2015-01-08, 9:46 AM #16
Oh you can call JO or JA anything as long as it's not merely "JEDI KNIGHT".
2015-01-08, 10:07 AM #17
How about Jedi Dark Knight?

I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2015-01-08, 2:22 PM #18
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
So you're claiming that you always missed those instances when the forum logo was changed to the CM's Personal Donation Request for Child's Play or something similar?

As in, you claim that you didn't check the forums each and every day when you were banned in hopes that he'd have changed his mind?

:colbert:

Yup. Also I have a terrible memory when it comes to faces.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-01-20, 10:48 AM #19
If only there were a thread to post pictures of ourselves.

Run was great, ysalamiri completley destroyed the game, even if jerec acted da mickey
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2015-01-20, 8:55 PM #20
I'm bummed CM didn't give more commentary.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2015-01-21, 9:27 AM #21
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I'm bummed CM didn't give more commentary.

Honestly the runner had great commentary in the first place, there wasn't much time to say anything.
2015-01-21, 10:37 AM #22
Is the runner the same guy who came here to showcase speedrunning many months ago?

edit: Also, it seems I have a mancrush
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-01-21, 12:08 PM #23
Quote:
<CoolMatty> Nikumubeki, I'm an *******. give me those avatars and who gets them and I will do it right now
<Nikumubeki> Hold on, I'll find the avatar
<CoolMatty> who is getting it btw
<Nikumubeki> ECHOMAN and landfish
<CoolMatty> both get this?
<Nikumubeki> Yup!
<Nikumubeki> To forever encapsulate their FGR LOVE
<CoolMatty> done
<Nikumubeki> Thank you, sir
<Nikumubeki> Now I will forever cherish this thread even... more, landfish http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=56162
<Nikumubeki> I wonder how long it'll take for ECHOMAN to notice

I haven't forgotten our discussions at the SWG Forum in 2004 before UBB was upgraded for the first time.

Or now that I think about it, I have. But the memory of a lost memory is eternal.

↑ Up to the top!