Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A SITH Engine Remastered
A SITH Engine Remastered
2015-01-13, 7:26 AM #1
Well, GrimE engine.

HA!

http://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered

[http://media.tumblr.com/3584719e1d62ab694296c42b898adeba/tumblr_inline_ni6hepWsQN1rgpsuu.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-01-20, 7:28 AM #2
More LucasArts games:

http://www.gog.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=lucasfilm_second_wave
2015-01-22, 8:23 AM #3
Hot butt, now with Rogue Squadron and the ultimate cult classic Rebellion (used to play a full campaign of Rebellion every year from 1999 'til 2004, possibly even 2005 - great times).
2015-01-22, 5:14 PM #4
Don't buy Rogue Squadron, it apparently retains ALL the original bugs of the PC version, including some pretty game-breaking ones (a camera which completely disconnects from your ship).
2015-01-23, 3:25 AM #5
i've gold medaled every mission in rogue3d twice and don't remember any bugs at all
2015-01-23, 5:59 AM #6
Originally posted by Reid:
i've gold medaled every mission in rogue3d twice and don't remember any bugs at all

Glad you didn't have any issues, because they're extremely common:

Camera issues
Joystick not configurable
Half-second audio delay
Mouse controls nearly unusable due to broken sensitivity and lag

And I'm apparently lucky in that I don't just get a black screen at launch.
2015-01-23, 6:55 AM #7
ah yes rebellion... i remember countless hours building my massive fleets

i was an empire to be feared
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2015-01-23, 11:22 PM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Glad you didn't have any issues, because they're extremely common:

Camera issues
Joystick not configurable
Half-second audio delay
Mouse controls nearly unusable due to broken sensitivity and lag

And I'm apparently lucky in that I don't just get a black screen at launch.

the mouse issues aren't a bug in memory, it was just crappy. both on my old computer in the early 00's and on windows 7 now

the audio delay i remember now lol

but i never used a joystick and you can set the camera, which you should be doing anyway
2015-01-24, 7:33 AM #9
JK will be released on GOG on January 27th
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2015-01-27, 6:04 AM #10
http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_jedi_knight_dark_forces_ii

Quote:
Windows 8 compatibility notice: Hardware mode is not supported.

LOL

Good Lord, JK is the most ridiculous game in existence. They've managed to patch and debug the other LEC games (sans some stnanks) but not JK bleedin' Dork Farces Two.

Sad, really.
2015-01-27, 2:29 PM #11
I don't think I've ever beat level 18 in JK.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-01-27, 3:38 PM #12
I've never played a JK
>>untie shoes
2015-02-01, 10:49 AM #13
[FONT=times new roman][FONT=times new roman]I read on JK Hub that the original game code to Jedi Knight has been lost, yet it seems that Tim Schafer's version of that code, the GrimE Engine, still is out there. It makes me wonder if GrimE could be used to remaster JK or MotS. Maybe not, though it would be interesting nonetheless to see what it's capable of.

I'm also curious as to whether the reverse engineered GrimE engine, Residual VM, could pull off any JK-like games.

I have yet to play the remastered Grim Fandango, but I've been playing the GOG.com version of JK and MotS with satisfaction. The got music working, though two or three music tracks now play in the backgrounds of the levels instead of one now. It still works, and I'm satisfied. [/FONT][/FONT]
2015-02-01, 11:28 AM #14
Actually, levels are supposed to play multiple tracks. The audio is also supposed to fade in and out in certain situations. The game scripts try to do this, but for some reason it was broken in the original release.

↑ Up to the top!