Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Humble Bundle
Star Wars Humble Bundle
2015-02-03, 2:20 PM #1
https://www.humblebundle.com/

I want to try Republic Commando, which I bought when it came out, never played, and somehow lost it.
2015-02-03, 2:24 PM #2
Hey, Brian.

I've never played RC either. I know it got a lot of praise (a while after release? in retrospect?) but just haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for the link.
2015-02-03, 2:40 PM #3
What are games?
>>untie shoes
2015-02-03, 2:41 PM #4
I've been using this desktop application lately called Euro Truck Simulator.

Are any of these like that?
>>untie shoes
2015-02-03, 3:30 PM #5
Originally posted by Antony:
I've been using this desktop application lately called Euro Truck Simulator.

Are any of these like that?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all like that.
2015-02-03, 3:55 PM #6
I liked RC, although if I remember it was a little short.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2015-02-03, 4:13 PM #7
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I liked RC, although if I remember it was a little short.

I remembered it being a tedious affair towards the end. Ended up going around knifing things to kill them faster.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-02-03, 4:51 PM #8
Originally posted by Brian:
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all like that.

Really? Terrific news. I enjoy that application.

I like that it gives you a fake cargo manifest, as I'm sure the real trucks transporting Euros carry. That way if a high-jacker tries to steal all of your valued European currency the plot will be foiled when they see it's really only melons!

Is similar at all to Republican Commander? I enjoyed Civilization V. Sid Meier seems like such a nice man.
>>untie shoes
2015-02-03, 5:16 PM #9
Yes. In RC too, you slowly go down linear paths with your white, pure-blood buddies resenting dirty, dangerous foreigners.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-02-03, 5:22 PM #10
I mean, I dunno about you guys but I have all these already
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2015-02-03, 5:23 PM #11
Originally posted by Antony:
Really? Terrific news. I enjoy that application.

I like that it gives you a fake cargo manifest, as I'm sure the real trucks transporting Euros carry. That way if a high-jacker tries to steal all of your valued European currency the plot will be foiled when they see it's really only melons!

Is similar at all to Republican Commander? I enjoyed Civilization V. Sid Meier seems like such a nice man.

Euro Truck Sim is actually even more amazing in VR
2015-02-03, 7:39 PM #12
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Yes. In RC too, you slowly go down linear paths with your white, pure-blood buddies resenting dirty, dangerous foreigners.

I like the sounds of this desktop application!

One of my favorite parts of Euro Truck Simulator is the linear paths.

I enjoy systems of lines, do you?
>>untie shoes
2015-02-03, 7:43 PM #13
Originally posted by zanardi:
Euro Truck Sim is actually even more amazing in VR

Is that what they say is a mods? I enjoy the modifications for games.
>>untie shoes
2015-02-04, 8:31 AM #14
Hey, it's no Big Rigs Racing!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2015-02-04, 8:35 AM #15
From what I'm able to understand, a racing of trucks such as that would likely violate many of laws.

An upstanding citizen would call the Republican Commanders to dispatch such crime committing person.

Maybe there is a mods for that.
>>untie shoes
2015-02-05, 6:45 AM #16
I didn't grab the bundle because of the following message on Steam for the 3 titles I was interested in (Battlefront 2, Empire At War & Republic Commando).

Quote:
"As of May 31, 2014, online functionality, including network multiplayer and wireless chat, will no longer be available for this title. We regret any disappointment as a result of the shutdown of the services supporting these online features."
? :)
2015-02-05, 8:58 AM #17
Originally posted by Gebohq:

Holy ****, that makes total sense. "Lead Engine Programmer- Sergey Titov" the same ******* behind the WarZ fiasco. This guy is tainting the game dev world.
2015-02-05, 9:00 AM #18
Yeah, I already have all of those games as well.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-02-05, 2:03 PM #19
Originally posted by Gebohq:

looks like fun
2015-02-05, 2:48 PM #20
Big Rigs: Through the Bridge Deck Racing
2015-02-05, 3:04 PM #21
Originally posted by Mentat:
I didn't grab the bundle because of the following message on Steam for the 3 titles I was interested in (Battlefront 2, Empire At War & Republic Commando).

That was the Gamespy shutdown, which ran the multiplayer aspects.
$do || ! $do ; try
2015-02-06, 6:13 AM #22
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
That was the Gamespy shutdown, which ran the multiplayer aspects.

Ah, I see. So, is it possible to play these games online now or not? Some sort of semi-clever scheme to avoid the defunct Gamespy? I'm hesitant about these sorts of things since getting burned with the purchase of Bulletstorm.
? :)
2015-02-06, 7:51 AM #23
I don't generally play online anymore (unless my son drags me into playing with him on the playstation) but ... battlefront w/out online? Seems whacked! I thought those battlefront games were all about online.
2015-02-06, 3:50 PM #24
I bought it last night and played some Dark Forces. Mouse works side-to-side but won't let me look up.

Edit: Oh, apparently I just didn't remember that this has always been true.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-02-06, 8:35 PM #25
Originally posted by Mentat:
Ah, I see. So, is it possible to play these games online now or not? Some sort of semi-clever scheme to avoid the defunct Gamespy? I'm hesitant about these sorts of things since getting burned with the purchase of Bulletstorm.

That's on a game-by-game basis, as the MP aspect has to be rebuilt. Borderlands 1 just went live again, but with the Disney acquisition of Lucasarts I don't think there's been a real push to keep the old games running. If Steam/GoG says the MP is dead, then I''m pretty sure that's that and I don't think there's any recourse.
$do || ! $do ; try
2015-02-10, 1:41 PM #26
They just added some more games, but I forgot which games were in it originally. I think they added JK, Outcast, and starfighter, but not totally sure.
2015-02-10, 2:43 PM #27
Yeah, looks like those were the only three added.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-02-10, 3:07 PM #28
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2015-02-11, 7:35 AM #29
So edgy with that signature
2015-02-11, 2:45 PM #30
thx bro
2015-02-16, 2:55 PM #31
Republic Commando was so/so. The Commandos were awesome characters, some great voice acting. The game itself is very linear and the environments are very repetitive. It feels like you're walking through the same bland corridors every time. In terms of gameplay it's okay-ish, except it's way too easy, because of the stupid healing stations that are everywhere. Could have been better.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2015-02-16, 5:40 PM #32
oh no I have been mortally offended
2015-02-16, 11:03 PM #33
I'm not sure what's really going on this thread anymore.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-02-17, 6:23 AM #34
some BS about RS's signature
2015-02-20, 4:31 AM #35
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Republic Commando was so/so. The Commandos were awesome characters, some great voice acting. The game itself is very linear and the environments are very repetitive. It feels like you're walking through the same bland corridors every time. In terms of gameplay it's okay-ish, except it's way too easy, because of the stupid healing stations that are everywhere. Could have been better.

Pretty much this. Also, I never understood why the stupid 4" knife was infinitely more powerful than any of the guns, which overall were rubbish. It made the game into a chase-them-to-melee range game rather than a shooter.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW

↑ Up to the top!