Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Desperately searching for a JK level! Help please!!

  1. #1

    Desperately searching for a JK level! Help please!!

    Hey guys. I have been trying to remember the name of and find a certain level for JK since I was in high school. I remember playing it years and years ago and have never been able to relocate it. It was just a multiplayer level. I've downloaded and tried countless levels hoping to find it, but every search has ended in failure. So please, if anyone can help me find this level, I would truly be REALLY grateful. Here are some of the details I can remember:

    The map had a dark feel. There was a house with multiple rooms, an upstairs and a downstairs. I believe the map was meant to be creepy, and the house haunted. One of the main features was a chair that had some kind of script running to move the chair every once in a while to give the impression of poltergeist activity or something like that.

    There was also some sort of hidden area with water. There was a random growling sound if you did a certain thing. It was spooky! I also remember there being some sort of switch that when pressed would launch exploding coffins? Sounds crazy but I'm sure I'm not wrong.

    There was a little bit of outdoors to the map as well, but it's quite fuzzy. It has literally been fifteen years. Maybe there was some kind of creepy looking tree and a small section of woods?

    If anyone can give me any clues on this one I would be so happy. This is a mystery that has eluded me for such a long time, every once in a while I will try and find it again but always come up empty handed.

    Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

    Thanks for reading, and long live Massassi! <3 I regret not being more active on the forums (ok, never active ) but the Temple has always been there for me. You know that no matter how bad your day was, the black and green page is gonna be there to offer you another new adventure. Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Hmm, I do remember a level of a haunted house. The rail det was changed to shoot exploding coffins.

  3. #3
    You remember it too?!? I've just spent another hour looking at the level list and clicking anything that could remotely describe that level and nothing. Can you remember anything else about it that might help aid the search?

    I don't know why but this is so important to me, it's like a mystery that you never solved that has always bothered you. I really had given up hope.

    Anyway, thanks for responding!

  4. #4
    Well, I would be looking just as blindly as you are. The poltergeist stuff sounds pretty darn familiar, and it definitely had an inside and outside.

    At the very least you now know you're not crazy (well, at least in this specific case).

  5. #5
    I just scanned through all the JK MP levels (I'm pretty sure it wasn't MotS), and everything that looked like possibility wasn't it. Maybe try jedinights.net.

  6. #6
    Admiral of Awesome
    Posts
    18,388
    Purgatory, maybe?

  7. #7
    Definitely not. I played that one too and it's not it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    Purgatory, maybe?
    Unfortunately the Reverend is correct, it's definitely not Purgatory.

    I'm beginning to wonder if

    A.) The title of the level has little or nothing to do with its contents

    or

    B.) I possibly could have obtained that level from elsewhere and it is not even hosted here. I find this to be less likely as I almost exclusively visited Massassi.

    I appreciate the suggestion though, thank you guys.
    Last edited by Krefft; 01-10-2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Punctuation n stuff

  9. #9
    I remember this level. Let me dig

  10. #10
    I was thinking Purgatory as well. Maybe Camp Marshall?
    - _R__Y__A__N_ (A.K.A. Saber_Ryan1)
    / www.rycast.com - Rycast Productions \

  11. #11
    Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

    Posts
    5,178

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSpam View Post
    I remember this level. Let me dig
    It would be amazing if you could find it!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber_Ryan1 View Post
    I was thinking Purgatory as well. Maybe Camp Marshall?
    Just tried Camp Marshall, which wasn't it but is a damn cool level! I somehow hadn't ever played it but I really like it! Thank you for the suggestion!

  14. #14
    I checked all these guys out. I'd played most of them before and like them, but unfortunately those aren't it either Thanks for the attempt!

  15. #15
    Human Computer
    Posts
    2,826
    You mentioned that you were in high school when you played the level, so you should be able to ascertain which year(s) that would've been, & do a date added sort to narrow things down a bit. Also, If you want help from others, that sort of information would be helpful to them as well.

    Meanwhile, since we're all just making random guesses, I'm going to go with Scream Multiplayer, which was apparently released for both JK & MotS.
    ? :)

  16. #16
    Hehe, I love Camp Marshall. If you push on the portrait of William Marshall in the Administration Office, you'll find the secret. (Get ready for a jump scare!)

    Sorry it wasn't the right one, though. Haven is a great level, too. I'll keep looking around.
    - _R__Y__A__N_ (A.K.A. Saber_Ryan1)
    / www.rycast.com - Rycast Productions \

  17. #17
    Child's Play CharityBlockyness Rocks!
    Posts
    2,951
    I most definitely remember this level. In fact, iirc the house was literally set up as some kind of stereotypical haunted house with various rooms that had odd things, like the moving chair as you mentioned, a room that was upside down (all the furniture was on the ceiling), a room with a bathtub with blood in it, etc. There was a trap room too I believe, that allowed you to set mines and thermal det traps around the various levels.

    I think this was a Massassi level, and I'm assuming you tried this one: http://massassi.net/levels/files/1196.shtml. Although looking at the screenshots I don't think that's the one we're referring to.
    Author of the JK levels:
    Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    You mentioned that you were in high school when you played the level, so you should be able to ascertain which year(s) that would've been, & do a date added sort to narrow things down a bit. Also, If you want help from others, that sort of information would be helpful to them as well.

    Meanwhile, since we're all just making random guesses, I'm going to go with Scream Multiplayer, which was apparently released for both JK & MotS.
    Ha, it won't be Scream MP - that's too "modern". Thanks for the free advertising though

    SL_Emperor's_House matches a lot (but not all) of what you remember - I don't think this is it though - no moving chairs or exploding coffins!

    I was more of an SP guy, but speaking of "forgotten" levels, I remember an MP level I liked (think it was probably for MotS, but not sure) that was basically the Pit of Carkoon - it had Jabba's sail barge and the sarlacc. Does anyone else remember this and know which one it might be? I guess it's possible it's not even on Massassi, as I used to visit Hyperview and a couple of other sites back in the day...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Swan View Post
    I was more of an SP guy, but speaking of "forgotten" levels, I remember an MP level I liked (think it was probably for MotS, but not sure) that was basically the Pit of Carkoon - it had Jabba's sail barge and the sarlacc. Does anyone else remember this and know which one it might be? I guess it's possible it's not even on Massassi, as I used to visit Hyperview and a couple of other sites back in the day...
    Sounds like Part 2 of the Boba Fett Trilogy (first one in the series was http://tacc.massassi.net/levels/description.php?id=84 and AFAIK there was no third one). I have it somewhere in the archives.

  20. #20
    Or maybe it's this one here, not sure if that was an earlier version, tho' http://www.jediknight.net/jkmag/levels/mots.html

  21. #21
    Thanks, that's SP though - the one I'm thinking of is an MP level.

  22. #22
    Ah yeah, think it's that second one, by Nebula - that rings a bell. I'll give it a try, thanks.

    EDIT: Yup, that's the one, thanks!
    Last edited by Chris Swan; 01-12-2016 at 04:00 PM.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark__Knight View Post
    I most definitely remember this level. In fact, iirc the house was literally set up as some kind of stereotypical haunted house with various rooms that had odd things, like the moving chair as you mentioned, a room that was upside down (all the furniture was on the ceiling), a room with a bathtub with blood in it, etc. There was a trap room too I believe, that allowed you to set mines and thermal det traps around the various levels.

    I think this was a Massassi level, and I'm assuming you tried this one: http://massassi.net/levels/files/1196.shtml. Although looking at the screenshots I don't think that's the one we're referring to.
    You've definitely described the same thing I'm remembering. It's not the one you've linked here, I've tried that one several times It's at least giving me hope that people seem to remember the map, so it definitely exists! I've still been combing massassi and even expanding my search to other sites, but nothing yet. Fingers crossed.

  24. #24
    Child's Play CharityBlockyness Rocks!
    Posts
    2,951
    I guarantee that I have it on one of my old HDDs - unfortunately they all crashed. I used to have probably over 200 JK levels/mods saved in my folder, with the level in question definitely included.
    Author of the JK levels:
    Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)


  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark__Knight View Post
    I guarantee that I have it on one of my old HDDs - unfortunately they all crashed. I used to have probably over 200 JK levels/mods saved in my folder, with the level in question definitely included.
    This is also my situation! I'm sure that it exists someplace on an old HDD someplace, maybe at my parent's place or something, but the prospect of locating it is next to impossible. I asked a friend and he remembers the level as well but not the name.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Krefft View Post
    Hey guys. I have been trying to remember the name of and find a certain level for JK since I was in high school. I remember playing it years and years ago and have never been able to relocate it. It was just a multiplayer level. I've downloaded and tried countless levels hoping to find it, but every search has ended in failure. So please, if anyone can help me find this level, I would truly be REALLY grateful. Here are some of the details I can remember:

    The map had a dark feel. There was a house with multiple rooms, an upstairs and a downstairs. I believe the map was meant to be creepy, and the house haunted. One of the main features was a chair that had some kind of script running to move the chair every once in a while to give the impression of poltergeist activity or something like that.

    There was also some sort of hidden area with water. There was a random growling sound if you did a certain thing. It was spooky! I also remember there being some sort of switch that when pressed would launch exploding coffins? Sounds crazy but I'm sure I'm not wrong.

    There was a little bit of outdoors to the map as well, but it's quite fuzzy. It has literally been fifteen years. Maybe there was some kind of creepy looking tree and a small section of woods?

    If anyone can give me any clues on this one I would be so happy. This is a mystery that has eluded me for such a long time, every once in a while I will try and find it again but always come up empty handed.

    Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

    Thanks for reading, and long live Massassi! <3 I regret not being more active on the forums (ok, never active ) but the Temple has always been there for me. You know that no matter how bad your day was, the black and green page is gonna be there to offer you another new adventure. Thanks guys.
    Jedi High School?

  27. #27
    Child's Play CharityBlockyness Rocks!
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    Jedi High School?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iWKad22.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	27149
    Author of the JK levels:
    Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)


  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    Jedi High School?
    At first I was like, "uhhh no, there's no way it's JHS, this person is a MORON".

    I am the moron!

  29. #29
    Could it be "Haunted House" from this page: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/notomorrow/jklevels.html

    From the description (and file size) it looks like this is not the same level as the "Haunted House" level on Massassi:

    "This is definately a spooky level as you can see by the name. It takes place at an old haunted church. Watch out for the ghosts and the man with the chainsaw!"

    Does that ring any bells?

    Unfortunately it's a broken link...

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Swan View Post
    Could it be "Haunted House" from this page: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/notomorrow/jklevels.html

    From the description (and file size) it looks like this is not the same level as the "Haunted House" level on Massassi:

    "This is definately a spooky level as you can see by the name. It takes place at an old haunted church. Watch out for the ghosts and the man with the chainsaw!"

    Does that ring any bells?

    Unfortunately it's a broken link...

    It's definitely possible, but as you said, this link is dead. I also just tried to email the owner of the site and got a timely response from the Mailer Demon, it's also a dead email address.

    My life is in shambles! This level is the Green Light and I'm Gatsby. :0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •