Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Football!
Football!
2015-02-22, 8:23 AM #1
So I've recently become a fan of this game and I must say, I've missed out. After having watched the World Cup and then subsequently becoming increasingly frustrated and disillusioned with the American version, I decided to try out proper football and I've not been disappointed.

Thanks to being introduced into a great lot of supporters, I've been roped into Tottenham Hotspur. Not to mention they're not a half-bad football club although this AM's match says otherwise until the 80' or so. Harry Kane is awesome.

So footy fans, be it Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, etc, what is Your Team? And how does Southampton not get a penalty kick there??

Come on you Spurs!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2015-02-22, 10:34 AM #2
When I was a kid and failure to "support" a team was social suicide I was ostensibly a Chelsea supporter. Then I finished infant school. I much prefer British Hand-egg anyway.

Also kinda glad I don't support Chelsea any more given their fans' latest performance: http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video
2015-02-22, 1:21 PM #3
I heard about that. That as pretty bad.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2015-02-22, 6:09 PM #4
Oh god, they got to him, he's been turned. Monsters...
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-02-23, 5:49 AM #5
YEAH SPORTSBALL!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-02-23, 5:56 AM #6
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-02-23, 7:36 PM #7
Over the weekend I learned what Gaelic Football is. I haven't seen this before.

What a weird hybrid-looking thing.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-02-24, 1:38 PM #8
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Over the weekend I learned what Gaelic Football is. I haven't seen this before.

What a weird hybrid-looking thing.

Gaelic football's fun. As I understand it, you get 3 points for kicking the ball into the goal or 1 for hitting it over the crossbar, and you're not allowed to go 4 steps without bouncing the ball or kicking it up into your own hands.
nope.
2015-02-24, 2:51 PM #9
May seem like a stupid question but is the 4-steps-then-bounce thing hard to get use to?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-02-24, 4:37 PM #10
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
May seem like a stupid question but is the 4-steps-then-bounce thing hard to get use to?

I don't think so, but I've not seen that much of it. They show it occasionally on some sport channel here that also shows Aussie Rules.
nope.
2015-02-24, 4:39 PM #11
Oh, also if you hit the ball with your hand I think you have to hit it with a closed fist on the side with your thumb, like a volleyball serve.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!