Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dark Forces - 20th Anniversary
Dark Forces - 20th Anniversary
2015-02-28, 10:49 AM #1
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/02/27/doom-clone-troopers-the-20th-anniversary-of-star-wars-dark-forces.aspx

Then again, a bunch of non-stormtrooper Imperials also died in the films so George Lucas' reaction is a bit silly in hindsight.

(Thanks to Magic_Al from DF-21 for the original thread, wouldn't have noticed this without him)

And on a related note, work on DarkXL/XL Engine has slowed down because, surprise surprise, Lucius has a life. Not likely that it'll stop people from going "oh no, how dare you, this project belongs to the people!" but whatever.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-02-28, 7:36 PM #2
Lucius should get his act together.
2015-03-07, 12:29 AM #3
Dark forces, first shooter I ever played. Nothing but good memories.
2015-03-11, 4:04 PM #4
I recently installed the steam version. I was happy to find that they have actually revamped the controls a bit so that you can actually strafe and use the mouse (in a limited fashion.) Good memories.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2015-03-11, 4:44 PM #5
Originally posted by Cr0wb4r:
I recently installed the steam version. I was happy to find that they have actually revamped the controls a bit so that you can actually strafe and use the mouse (in a limited fashion.) Good memories.

I never had the opportunity to play DF outside of the demo that was around years ago. Sadly, I don't have the time these days.
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!