Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Internet Fools
Internet Fools
2015-03-31, 8:44 PM #1
Google Maps has an option to convert your mapped location into a Pac-Man game using the streets as the paths.

What other April Fools goodies is the internet giving us today?
2015-04-01, 4:05 PM #2
The Pac-Man thing is kinda neat, but I'm getting really tired of the internet trying to out-do each other with zany **** for the sake of being zany every year.
nope.
2015-04-01, 7:32 PM #3
Yeah I would really rather not have to second guess every ****ing thing I click on, wondering if I'm reading about something that is actually real.
>>untie shoes
2015-04-02, 2:06 PM #4
That sounds like the perfect way to regard the internet all the time.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-04-02, 2:38 PM #5
Want some cheese with that whine, gentlemen? Geez, it's like listening to a bunch of baby-boomers. What happened? I know we're older now, but really? Zapping the fun out of April Fools is trendy now?
2015-04-02, 4:05 PM #6
I visited Amazon.com the other day, and they'd replaced the homepage with a screenshot of some ancient version of the site. My initial reaction was that I'd misspelled the URL and had been sent to a phishing site.

Despite my paranoia, I'll admit that I haven't actually had a URL misspelling ever take me to a phishing site. I would have thought this kind of thing to be more common, though--perhaps they all get shut down, just like MikeRoweSoft.
2015-04-02, 5:34 PM #7
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
I visited Amazon.com the other day, and they'd replaced the homepage with a screenshot of some ancient version of the site. My initial reaction was that I'd misspelled the URL and had been sent to a phishing site.

Massassi did the same thing as well for its homepage.

Cool Matty, you are awesome!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-04-02, 5:37 PM #8
Originally posted by Antony:
Yeah I would really rather not have to second guess every ****ing thing I click on, wondering if I'm reading about something that is actually real.

But it's the only time in the year when most people critically think if content of the internet is true or not. It should be celebrated for that alone..
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-04-02, 9:47 PM #9
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
But it's the only time in the year when most people critically think if content of the internet is true or not. It should be celebrated for that alone..

To a degree, I understand and agree with this sentiment.

Truth be told I was having a really bad day yesterday, and that has a lot to do with the thoughts expressed in that post.
>>untie shoes
2015-04-02, 10:01 PM #10
I missed out on the pac man thing. I tend to just avoid people and internet on April 1st......
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2015-04-03, 8:17 PM #11
This is probably a bit too nit picky but I hate when I'm reading something then it becomes obvious it's clearly fake and an "april fools prank".. I'm mostly upset about the time I wasted. I mean I have a sense of humor but april fools day has always eluded me. I suppose this is why I don't even click on theonion links because I don't even understand the point. Then I'm reminded that warm weather is upon us and I rejoice!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2015-04-04, 12:20 PM #12
Originally posted by Alco:
Want some cheese with that whine, gentlemen? Geez, it's like listening to a bunch of baby-boomers. What happened? I know we're older now, but really? Zapping the fun out of April Fools is trendy now?

I don't mind it offline, but the online schtickfest is getting old. Most of them aren't even pranks, they're just jokes or gimmicks.
nope.
2015-04-04, 12:25 PM #13
I liked it when they were at least marginally believable. Like GMail in 2004. *cough*

The last one I remember really finding hilarious (for some reason) was YTMND's April Fools from 2007.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15991411/mp3/Bandwidth/april1.swf
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-04-05, 4:30 PM #14
Originally posted by zanardi:
I suppose this is why I don't even click on theonion links because I don't even understand the point.

The Onion is satire. The point is that it's fun to laugh at absurd fake news stories that are made to look like real ones and that often mock the real news media.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!