Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK Maps
JK Maps
2015-07-11, 6:59 AM #1
Yea yea I know most of you don't do anything with JK anymore but this is still the best resource for maps and such. There are a few of us who love playing MP maps with a lot of secrets and trying to find all of them which is one of the beautiful things with JK/MotS the nearly endless amount of levels. Recently we played 435 Headquaters for MotS and what a rush of nostalgia that was for us but we never found all the secrets till recently. It took us nearly a week to work together to find them all because the author cruelly textured a ton of it solid black on a black star sky or in a dark room. I went as far as to draw a map of each area and where each portal leads to since opening in Zed or JKEdit didn't help. Finding the blue key was probably the hardest part.

Recently We've been looking for similar maps that have a lot of secrets that you have to work for to find. We have already found (I think) everything in Jawa Dwelling which is another classic. We stumbled across Sith Hangout on the SM website by DJDTM but the link is broken. All contact info I had for DJDTM doesn't work either. I tried reaching out to 2 SM guys I still talk to through social media and it appears there was some huge fallout between DJDTM and Sith Lord including a lawsuit over property or something. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of this map? Here is the description:
Quote:
Hangout for the SM clan. Everything is hidden. Only people experiencein this level will enjoy it, nubs will label it as a "box" and never play it again. But to those who can find their way around, they will constantly be finding new and interesting things.

If not does anyone have any suggestions for maps similar to this?

Thanks in advance.
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2015-07-11, 7:13 AM #2
Let me get this straight... you want to play old clan maps? To find their "secrets"? I can't imagine a worse use of time.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-07-11, 7:23 AM #3
Originally posted by gbk:
Let me get this straight... you want to play old clan maps? To find their "secrets"? I can't imagine a worse use of time.

Usually some people around here have some sort of backup of obscure maps and have shared when they have been taken down from other websites that's really what I am asking for and for any suggestions to maps similar. And it is not for "Their" sercrets it's just maps that are setup like that such as Jawa Dwelling. Does it really matter to you what I do in my spare time?
2015-07-11, 7:53 AM #4
Is this the map

[http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/93/92700/HeeHee.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-07-11, 7:56 AM #5
Originally posted by Andrew L:
Does it really matter to you what I do in my spare time?

No. I'm just of the opinion that clan maps represent the worst that a gaming community can produce.
2015-07-11, 7:57 AM #6
Is this the map?

[http://jkhub.net/editors/gbk/screens/project-523-De6lfv_I5k/image]
2015-07-11, 8:01 AM #7
Don't be ****ty.

Yeah they weren't the best levels, but when you grow up playing something it's still cool to find things you didn't know about. Hell, I had a lot of fun finding secrets in Purgatory, and I'd never claim the level was especially well made.

I'm sure if he had found massassi instead of the zone as a kid he would have posted something like this thread for drazen or warzone2 or w/e.
2015-07-11, 8:03 AM #8
You're probably right, jon. I'm just bitter because of all those clan maps that I wrote cogs for back and the day and was never credited for.
2015-07-11, 8:29 AM #9
Originally posted by gbk:
No. I'm just of the opinion that clan maps represent the worst that a gaming community can produce.

Fair enough I will agree that a lot of clan maps are pretty awful. I think 435 HQ is not one of those though we had a ton of fun playing it a long time ago and recently.

Originally posted by Jon`C:
Don't be ****ty.

Yeah they weren't the best levels, but when you grow up playing something it's still cool to find things you didn't know about. Hell, I had a lot of fun finding secrets in Purgatory, and I'd never claim the level was especially well made.

I'm sure if he had found massassi instead of the zone as a kid he would have posted something like this thread for drazen or warzone2 or w/e.

I actually completely forgot about Purgatory I may run through that later tonight.
2015-07-12, 1:09 AM #10
I've been feeling the itch to reinstall JK and play some old maps, just for old times. Purgatory was one of those I kept thinking of.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2015-07-12, 4:55 AM #11
Purgatory really did capture the feeling of .... purgatory. Especially when trying to find the other guy/guys you are playing the map with and end up wandering everywhere. Just wandering.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-07-13, 7:12 PM #12
GBK, that looks like a level I played about 15 years ago, but it wasn't textured yet...
2015-07-15, 3:56 AM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:

Even though I've always primarily been a Massassian, I've gotta admit that my go to would be Empire Night Club if I was going to poke around in a MP map for nostalgia's sake.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!