Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight and Windows 10. They're friendly.
Jedi Knight and Windows 10. They're friendly.
2015-07-31, 5:34 PM #1
So. If you open JK from the .exe (not through Steam but you can use their copy of it), it will run. Without secondary patching.

Just find the display settings that work for you and it will probably crash quit a bit until you find the right one it likes.

Returning from the pause/esc menu also caused some crashes until I saved for some reason? I don't know but I was just playing JK for the first time since Windows 7 released.

TIME TO LOSE MY LIFE TO THIS AGAIN.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2015-08-01, 3:05 AM #2
todoa
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-08-01, 4:48 AM #3
When you say "working", are you talking 3d accelerator support?
? :)
2015-08-01, 6:45 AM #4
BTW, I never had a problem running JK on Windows 7 with an ATI video card.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-08-01, 7:14 AM #5
I had the tech demo of win 10, but haven't upgraded to the full version yet. I'm guessing they fixed the bug that would fill your hard drive with log files?
2015-08-02, 2:47 PM #6
Any major hiccoughs with it yet? I'm wondering if I should wait a bit before upgrading.
nope.
2015-08-04, 6:24 AM #7
I installed Windows 10 (64-bit) & JKDF2 on my notebook (Lenovo/Nvidia GeForce GT 650M) & I get nothing more than a black screen with the HUD when 3d acceleration is active. I seem to recall getting a similar result with Windows 8/8.1.
2015-08-04, 10:10 PM #8
Hey gang! Ditto to Mentat - I'm running Win10 (64-bit), and I get HUD + black screen if I have 3D Acceleration turned on. If I turn it off, it works.
What's driving me crazy is I can't flip the Y-axis on the mouse without also flipping the x-axis. A hurl-worthy experience... where's the Dramamine...

[EDIT: Okay, I figured out the y-axis bit, but even with the ddraw.dll dropped in the jk folder, I still get no 3D Acceleration]
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2015-08-06, 7:44 PM #9
I'm hoping someone can figure out a fix, because my SP level looks crappier than ever without it. I had begun making movies explaining who Yun is and his backstory leading up to my mod. Then the plan was to video the gameplay, and make another video of the gameplay with all the secrets and easter eggs - all of which so I could show my students. But now, I can't/won't record the game because the 16-bit mats are all jacked up.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2015-08-29, 12:11 PM #10
I just got the game running (both Steam & non-Steam versions) with 3d acceleration activated in Windows 10 64-bit by selecting the 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings' radio button under the application's compatibility settings. I didn't even have to bother with Windows XP compatibility mode. There's still a few issues that remain (e.g. the screen goes black when looking at the score tally or changing screen size to include the HUD, etc.), but overall it appears to be working nicely.

↑ Up to the top!