Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Get ready for it...
Get ready for it...
2015-10-01, 9:02 PM #1
It is coming soon now... not long to wait... the buzz and the season is adding up.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-10-01, 9:18 PM #2
Gabbo, GABBO, GABBO!
Sorry for the lousy German
2015-10-02, 12:39 AM #3
I've been waiting for this MMO for years.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-10-02, 8:13 AM #4
I'm confused.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-10-02, 11:49 AM #5
Theres a pigeon at my window.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2015-10-03, 7:53 PM #6
Oh wait nevermind. I might have jumped the gun. Looks like November now.
2015-10-04, 12:52 AM #7
What looks like November?
2015-10-04, 3:12 AM #8
Can't be Episode VII since that's gonna be out in December. Can't be about Deus Ex: Revision since that's my thing. Can't be about TODOA 2, since it literally takes 2 minutes to play through and no one can't be seriously anticipating for it.

Can't be anything else either, since no one on Massassi cares anymore (on Massassi, anyway).

So it must be about his MMO.

Also, just realized that it's October. 3 full months of Massassi remaining! Better get the party hats.
2015-10-04, 5:35 AM #9
God dammit, Nikumubeki. You told me it was about Star Wars. I trusted you, man!
2015-10-04, 8:16 AM #10
Fallout 4?
2015-10-04, 11:09 AM #11
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Can't be Episode VII since that's gonna be out in December. Can't be about Deus Ex: Revision since that's my thing. Can't be about TODOA 2, since it literally takes 2 minutes to play through and no one can't be seriously anticipating for it.

Can't be anything else either, since no one on Massassi cares anymore (on Massassi, anyway).

So it must be about his MMO.

Also, just realized that it's October. 3 full months of Massassi remaining! Better get the party hats.

You are so close and yet so cold... it might still happen in October, but things are pointing to November. Frustrating, this is.
2015-10-04, 11:19 AM #12
Why can't you just say what it is! IT'S REALLY BUGGING ME
2015-10-04, 12:12 PM #13
Because he's a tired little **** waffle.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2015-10-04, 2:42 PM #14
seriously, stop being annoying and tell us
2015-10-04, 9:43 PM #15
Originally posted by ragna:
seriously, stop being annoying and tell us

Patience, my friend. In time, I will come and seek you out. My compassion will be my undoing.
2015-10-05, 5:05 AM #16
Moderator, please lock this thread.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-10-05, 6:21 AM #17
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Moderator, please lock this thread.

Seriously, lock the **** out of this thread. It has no content. A guy I know would say it does not deliver. Even worse, it's a thread alluding to the delivery of some indeterminate thing at some indeterminate time. What the ****.
2015-10-05, 10:17 AM #18
Originally posted by saberopus:
Seriously, lock the **** out of this thread. It has no content. A guy I know would say it does not deliver. Even worse, it's a thread alluding to the delivery of some indeterminate thing at some indeterminate time. What the ****.

Really? We can't let the "Mystery Box" go on just a little bit longer? I've given dozens of clues and nobody has picked up on what I am alluding to?
2015-10-05, 10:21 AM #19
Seriously, this is the most activity these forums have had in about 2 months. Now, we've got merely 2+ months time left for something else to brighten up the joint, but that's another thing.

Anyway, I don't really know anything about anything else that might be coming up in the near-future. So Fallout 4 isn't the right answer?
2015-10-05, 10:26 AM #20
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Really? We can't let the "Mystery Box" go on just a little bit longer? I've given dozens of clues and nobody has picked up on what I am alluding to?

Nah, it's fine if the "Whatever This Is" goes on just a little bit longer. It doesn't actually matter to me, I'm just doing the same thing everyone else is, BSing a little bit here and there in this ghost town.
2015-10-05, 10:39 AM #21
BTW, we haven't received that many old people returning to this site after a (rather) long hiatus. They'll probably start popping up after the shutdown.

My predictions for possible brief-returnees: Bobbert, Blood Asp, maevie, Temperamental, SiliconC, GoY

We've already received (mainly on the chat): ]-[ellequin, CaveDemon, Hoard (late 2012, early 2013 - relatively recent), S51 (might have made one visit in 2015, but a definite visit in 2014)
2015-10-05, 11:21 AM #22
KEDRI
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2015-10-05, 11:28 AM #23
Nah, it's fine if the "Whatever This Is" goes on just a little bit longer. It doesn't actually matter to me, I'm just doing the same thing everyone else is, BSing a little bit here and there in this ghost town.

I know, I'm just playing along. If I reveal what I am talking about right now, it will lessen the impact. Let's just play a little longer. A Pizza Roll for whoever can guess!
2015-10-05, 4:32 PM #24
Well, Star Wars Battlefront is coming out in November with open beta access this week. So... there's that I guess.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2015-10-05, 9:26 PM #25
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Well, Star Wars Battlefront is coming out in November with open beta access this week. So... there's that I guess.

Ah yes! Thanks for reminding me... but that's not it. Slightly related, but not it.
2015-10-05, 10:24 PM #26
Seriously, this is the most activity these forums have had in about 2 months. Now, we've got merely 2+ months time left for something else to brighten up the joint, but that's another thing.
Since this thread is about nothing, I might as well ask here:

I've found more time to work on Gorc lately. I'd like to spend at least a part of that time writing about Gorc. Since the showcase forum is going away soon, can anybody recommend a good low-touch blog/comment platform? Ideally something I don't have to computer janitor, but can still back up in a useful form and point a domain at.

tia

Edit: I have several of dollars. Exchanging dollars for goods and services is an option.
2015-10-06, 5:59 AM #27
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I've found more time to work on Gorc lately. I'd like to spend at least a part of that time writing about Gorc.

Good news. I look forward to it.
2015-10-06, 6:27 AM #28
I've found more time to work on Gorc lately. I'd like to spend at least a part of that time writing about Gorc. Since the showcase forum is going away soon, can anybody recommend a good low-touch blog/comment platform? Ideally something I don't have to computer janitor, but can still back up in a useful form and point a domain at.

Even though you might puke if you looked at the source wordpress actually lets you get **** done. And it updates automatically so you don't have to worry that much about security updates if you don't use any stupid plugins. And if you don't want to maintain your own platform you can just use wordpress.com, even with your own domain if you use those dollars.
2015-10-06, 6:29 AM #29
And I think SF_Gold_01 is referring to the trailer for The Force Awakens. Rumors said that it would launch this month, newer sources point to next month.
2015-10-06, 7:15 AM #30
Mm. I look forward to a repeat of our previous discussion about the movie :-|
2015-10-06, 7:27 AM #31
Wordpress.com seems to support inline Latex, so I think we may have a winner. Thanks Impi.
2015-10-06, 8:35 AM #32
Originally posted by Impi:
And I think SF_Gold_01 is referring to the trailer for The Force Awakens. Rumors said that it would launch this month, newer sources point to next month.

Yes we have a winner!

Ay Ay Ay
SI SI SI
SI SEÑOR!
2015-10-06, 9:29 AM #33
Can't be about TODOA 2, since it literally takes 2 minutes to play through and no one can't be seriously anticipating for it.

a ha!
2015-10-06, 9:45 AM #34
.V.
2015-10-06, 11:56 AM #35
Woohoo, double win!
2015-10-06, 6:30 PM #36
So, no one knows for sure when trailer will drop. The possible dates are currently October 9th, 10th, 15th,16th, and 19th. Breznican from EW (who has had a lot of exclusives with Lucasfilm / Disney) tweeted that he was pretty sure it was this month, but that now he's heard it is going to be pushed back to November. Jordan Maison from Cinelinx reported the same (and for some reason Jason Ward from MSW, the guy who gave us 90% of all confirmed leaks, thinks he's legit).

At any rate, it's odd that the trailer has taken this long to be released. Most major films get their first full trailer (not teaser) a good 4 to 6 months in advance. We are currently a little more than two months away from the premiere, and the marketing for the film seems to be mostly region locked (some people report lots of posters, toys, etc, others are reporting nothing), and it has felt a bit downplayed. I guess they are trying to lower expectations, and let Spectre and Hunger Games pass from people's awareness.

In any case, the film will do well at the box office, maybe not as well as Avatar, but certainly as well as the Hobbit.
2015-10-06, 7:00 PM #37
So, no one knows for sure when trailer will drop. The possible dates are currently October 9th, 10th, 15th,16th, and 19th.

****, while we're at it, also the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, and 18th, right?
2015-10-06, 7:51 PM #38
****, while we're at it, also the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, and 18th, right?

Maybe I should have given some context. The 9th and 10th have to do with NYCC (unlikely, the panel there is for Star Wars: Rebels), 15th/16th has to do with the date when theaters get the trailer package... however, a report indicates that they will not start showing the trailer until the 19th (when ticket presales begin).
2015-10-06, 8:57 PM #39
has felt a bit downplayed. I guess they are trying to lower expectations,
Advertising is figuratively a literal dumpster fire of cash. Google has suicide bombed the advertising industry; their CPC has ****ing imploded over the past few years, because it turns out when you try to do Big Data analytics-driven advertising the only thing you learn is that none of it works for ****. The only place for advertising in the market anymore is Silicon Valley investor storytime, because correspondingly the only people stupid enough to believe advertising matters are the cow-eyed drunks in finance.

Publicly traded businesses that care about competing in real goods markets, like Disney, will make just enough of an advertising effort to make their Wall Street central planners feel personally gratified. No more, no less.

Particularly, Star Wars does not need to be advertised to raise expectations.
2015-10-06, 9:01 PM #40
Advertising is figuratively a literal dumpster fire of cash. Google has suicide bombed the advertising industry; their CPC has ****ing imploded over the past few years, because it turns out when you try to do Big Data analytics-driven advertising the only thing you learn is that none of it works for ****. The only place for advertising in the market anymore is Silicon Valley investor storytime, because correspondingly the only people stupid enough to believe advertising matters are the cow-eyed drunks in finance.

Have you ever even used Google Adwords or Facebook Ads? I have, with lots of success, or at the very least I got the results that I wanted.

As for the rest, I'll differ in opinion on Star Wars not needing advertising, but I'll just agree to disagree.

↑ Up to the top!