Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi Death Parade - Poll 06 - Best Massassi Era
Massassi Death Parade - Poll 06 - Best Massassi Era
2015-12-07, 11:46 PM #1
Which Massassi era(s) did you like the best?

Aside from the Old School Era when I wasn't present (except for visits to Jediknight.net and JKOutpost in 1998-1999, and despite having 5600 Block I never went to Massassi in those years), I guess I can find something nice from every era.

Even the Transition Era (except for the year 2008) which was more or less started by FastGamerrGate and ended in the release of TODOA, which makes that era quite fitting for me in many ways!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-12-08, 1:05 AM #2
I've gone for Old School because there seemed to be a new level every week me and my chums could try on the ZONE~!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2015-12-08, 4:47 AM #3
obviously the era when i got here with my first level http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1092.shtml
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2015-12-08, 5:53 AM #4
I love the lighting :D
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2015-12-08, 10:48 AM #5
This thread does not deliver.
>>untie shoes
2015-12-08, 11:45 AM #6
I went for Old School, although my favourite time was probably late-Old-School / early-Middle-School - this is when the community felt most active, and when I released all of my SP levels (I think I started The New Empire in 1999 and released it in early 2000). My best memory of JK / MotS is the first (only?) Admiral's Command Chamber level contest, which was probably around 2001 / 2002? I remember playing through all the levels with my mates in one night, finishing with the brilliant Terror on Sigma 51A by David McHale - good times!
2015-12-08, 8:29 PM #7
I was hear around the transition period and bled into the Final Period, where I have this forum some very pointless dribble, to the point where I apparently inspired some one to mock me, take my name, and post as me on File Front, claiming an awful mod that was mine as his/her own. Good times, indeed. I never did much in the way of DF2 modding, although it is my favorite game of the series and the one I've played the most. The only Dark Forces game I've beaten, though, was the first one. I've only beaten disc one of DF2 on Hard, and played MotS up to the Rathalay level, which I have yet to complete. I think I lost my save game. However, I did a lot of (terrible) mod work (SKINNING) for Jedi Outcast. I've been riding the dying train that is the Dark Forces franchise for a long time, it seems.

Despite my ineptitude, immaturity, and retarded-ness (?), and the fact that I was here only for a month or two before disappearing until about now (And one other odd moment a while ago), Massassi was basically my induction into the internet and the first forum I frequented before I moved on to Jurassic Mods (A site for a Jurassic Park video game), where other illiterates like myself could play around and do nothing of interest. At least I moved onto the old-school Doom scene, where I pricked around Doomworld around 2010 and remained there (Though I only have incomplete maps to show for myself), where I now ****post with a higher level of sophistication and more sarcasm. It's great to have been here, on and off, since 2007. Sad to see it go. I'm going to miss randomly appearing at the forum I started my ill-conceived Internet career at. And I'm okay with the fact that I never delivered.
2015-12-09, 9:14 AM #8
Actually I think you listed the Degrassi eras.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-12-09, 11:13 AM #9
I'm amazed to find out that I have been a member of this community since 2003! 12 years a slave!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-12-10, 1:06 AM #10
I went with Old & Middle--back when Massassi felt more like it had some sort of direction & purpose. I was never much of a chat/forum-whore & always cared more about the content on the front page, so I became far less interested once that stopped.
? :)
2015-12-10, 10:33 AM #11
I don't remember when anything happened
2015-12-10, 2:47 PM #12
Ruby.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!