Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Forum or site bugs? List them here.
Forum or site bugs? List them here.
2016-02-05, 12:54 AM #1
Everything is now running on my server. Well, everything except jkhub because I didn't get a reply back yet. Anyway, if you notice any bugs on the main site or on the forums, please reply here. I'll try to fix what I can.
2016-02-05, 7:31 AM #2
The opposite of a bug -- I can use http://forums.massassi.net again without even the briefest of the obnoxious audio file playing! Hooray!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-02-05, 7:59 AM #3
Originally posted by Brian:
Well, everything except jkhub because I didn't get a reply back yet.

Ceterum censeo JKHubinum esse delendam.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-02-05, 3:11 PM #4
Cool, people are here. For some reason I get the new forums.massassi.net but still the old [url]www.massassi.net[/url]. Weird.
2016-02-05, 11:31 PM #5
I woke up about a half hour ago. Now I'm on your server but I don't feel any different.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-02-06, 6:20 AM #6
My bookmark icons changed from VBulletin ones back to li'l temples. It feels so right.
2016-02-06, 12:59 PM #7
Not really a bug per-say, but the profiles design for users is and has been messed up for quite some time.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2016-02-06, 4:57 PM #8
Originally posted by Yecti:
Not really a bug per-say, but the profiles design for users is and has been messed up for quite some time.

Yeah I'll try to get that fixed up eventually.
2016-02-07, 2:27 AM #9
Everything is now running on my server. Well, everything except jkhub because I didn't get a reply back yet. Anyway, if you notice any bugs on the main site or on the forums, please reply here. I'll try to fix what I can.

You should maybe try contacting Giraffe. He was semi-active the last I checked. I think ZeqMacaw has moved on but you may catch hkm ln Steam.
? :)
2016-02-07, 2:57 AM #10
What a thrill to see a level that I made in 2000 when I was 12 years old in the SotD section.
former entrepreneur
2016-02-07, 7:49 AM #11
Originally posted by Mentat:
You should maybe try contacting Giraffe. He was semi-active the last I checked. I think ZeqMacaw has moved on but you may catch hkm ln Steam.

That's who he and I contacted.
2016-02-07, 10:05 AM #12
Originally posted by Eversor:
What a thrill to see a level that I made in 2000 when I was 12 years old in the SotD section.

Nice, which one is it?
2016-02-07, 10:26 AM #13
Don't remember this happening before but in both the Quick Reply and Go Advanced text entry box each paragraph runs on and on as a single line during text entry. I'm on desktop PC and Firefox if that matters.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-02-07, 11:57 AM #14
Nice, which one is it?

IIRC someone complained that such an unspectacular screenshot was made SotD. I was friends with whoever was running SotD at the time. :p
former entrepreneur
2016-02-07, 12:34 PM #15
Text wraps properly in Chrome. Still does it old Notepad style in Firefox, though. I don't intend to check IE. This is on my old Windows 7 desktop. I'll check it on a different one later.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-02-07, 5:15 PM #16
Argh, yeah that's annoying. I don't like the "rich editor" anyway. I'll try reverting to the plain editor and see if anyone complains.
2016-02-07, 11:41 PM #17
Argh, yeah that's annoying. I don't like the "rich editor" anyway. I'll try reverting to the plain editor and see if anyone complains.

Oh dear. I hate to be that person to complain since I'm not a real member of the site proper.

I write on the ISB thread and the previous editor software was a very powerful and useful tool for writing there. I don't suppose there's any way to at least restore the editor for that specific part of the forum?
2016-02-08, 7:14 AM #18
Originally posted by TheBritt:
Oh dear. I hate to be that person to complain since I'm not a real member of the site proper.

I write on the ISB thread and the previous editor software was a very powerful and useful tool for writing there. I don't suppose there's any way to at least restore the editor for that specific part of the forum?

Just to give you an idea, Brian, the active ISB member count is a humble 5 members, myself and Britt included, though we'd be very grateful for any fix to this. The ability to italicize, bold, hyperlink, quote, font size and font color would be all I /think/ we'd NEED, in that order of most to least importance, if that helps.
2016-02-08, 8:02 AM #19
You can still do it, you just need to use bb code. I'll turn the rich editor back on, though. It's so ugly, everything else is dark but all the controls on that editor are bright. Ugh.
2016-02-08, 8:23 AM #20
I turned the full editor back on when using the "Go Advanced" reply and the new thread options. For quick reply I left it with no controls because I really like it better. Is this a good compromise?
2016-02-08, 8:27 AM #21
I turned the full editor back on when using the "Go Advanced" reply and the new thread options. For quick reply I left it with no controls because I really like it better. Is this a good compromise?

I say it is :) Thanks!
2016-02-08, 8:29 AM #22
Also email notification of subscribed thread replies doesn't seem to work at all :( It wasn't working on the old server either. I will try to dig into this but won't be until next week probably.
2016-02-08, 2:35 PM #23
Does anyone else want @massassi email to come back? I mean -- in today's day and age it makes less than no sense to do it, but right now I'm on a huge nostalgia high.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2016-02-08, 6:02 PM #24
You can still do it, you just need to use bb code. I'll turn the rich editor back on, though. It's so ugly, everything else is dark but all the controls on that editor are bright. Ugh.

Having to insert bb code into our story posts would be pretty frustrating if you think of how long those posts can be and how much coding would probably be needed all over the place, so thank you muchly for putting the editor back. It's definitely a life saver for us, I can assure you :D.

Quote:
Also email notification of subscribed thread replies doesn't seem to work at all It wasn't working on the old server either. I will try to dig into this but won't be until next week probably.

This would be great. Don't worry about how long things take, I doubt anyone is chomping at the bit for you to get to work! ;) Whatever you do, whenever you do it, I know will be appreciated.
2016-02-08, 10:13 PM #25
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Ceterum censeo JKHubinum esse delendam.

Furthermore, I still think that JKHub should be destroyed.
2016-02-09, 8:45 AM #26
Seriously, the site is easily lolz-hacked by ReTards constantly, so having JKHub on anyone's server is somewhat of a burden. It had its chance and they've blown it for good from January 2014 onwards.

While it'd be quite blunt and drastic - not to mention that Giraffe and Hell_Raiser (the current owners) are great people (as opposed to the site's creator, ZeqMacaw) - I think you should just coldly pull the plug and let them start the site anew elsewhere if they so wish (hopefully without compromised user and admin data).
2016-02-09, 9:47 AM #27
What he said ^
2016-02-09, 2:49 PM #28
Someone should at least grab a copy of all the finished levels though. It sucks to lose stuff because a site goes away :(
2016-02-09, 3:07 PM #29
I wouldn't suggest deleting it, but it seems fair to give Giraffe a deadline before the site turns into a tarball. Either it's worth hosting or it isn't.
2016-02-09, 4:06 PM #30
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I wouldn't suggest deleting it, but it seems fair to give Giraffe a deadline before the site turns into a tarball. Either it's worth hosting or it isn't.

I have the ability to suspend the site fully without losing anything. I'm giving Giraffe until the end of February to respond with what he's doing (so far he has not responded to my email at all). If I don't hear anything by then, I'll suspend it. If I still don't hear anything for a week after that, I'll zip it up, and delete it.
2016-02-09, 4:56 PM #31
No change for me in the text entry box. Still continues on like Notepad for some reason. This is Windows 7 Firefox 44.0.1.

2016-02-10, 10:54 AM #32
Hmm; for the main "new thread" page it's back to the original settings. I'll see what I can find out but it won't be until next week sometime.
2016-02-10, 4:54 PM #33
For all I know it was like that before or perhaps a recent update in Firefox caused it. I did not notice the issue before but I was using mostly Chrome, Edge, or mobile.

2016-02-11, 3:47 AM #34
If the site is going to be shut down, at the very least provide a copy that people can download. I'll gladly keep a rip of the site in cold storage.
Baby dragons can't figure out humans- If they didn't want to be eaten, why were they made of meat and treasure?
2016-02-11, 6:53 AM #35
Massassi isn't going anywhere and JKHub has time until the end of the month to sort things out with CM ( not with Brian, who hosts Massassi and TACC now ) - who, after all, has hosted the site for years for FREE on his own server to such gratitude. Regardless, CM will back the whole hub up by the 29th if neither Giraffe or Hell_Raiser will show up.
2016-02-11, 7:55 AM #36
It sure is nice that you are deciding the fate of a community behind our backs. Especially a member of said community who we supported as he created and kept us updated on one of his largest projects known as TODOA. Last person I'd expect to attack the site.
I guess you aren't even gonna give people there a chance to do their own backups or try to fix things, call Giraffe or HR, have a meeting, discussions, just go behind our backs... But I guess that's the Massassian reputation we've all come to know.
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2016-02-11, 7:57 AM #37
o_-
2016-02-11, 8:07 AM #38
Originally posted by Edward:
It sure is nice that you are deciding the fate of a community behind our backs. Especially a member of said community who we supported as he created and kept us updated on one of his largest projects known as TODOA. Last person I'd expect to attack the site.
I guess you aren't even gonna give people there a chance to do their own backups or try to fix things, call Giraffe or HR, have a meeting, discussions, just go behind our backs... But I guess that's the Massassian reputation we've all come to know.

Giraffe and HR aren't responding to calls. They (and you) have also had more than a year's notice that CM is shutting down his hosting services.

What else would you like him to do?
2016-02-11, 10:18 AM #39
Originally posted by Jon`C:
What else would you like him to do?

Continue hosting out of his own pocket until the end of time, obviously.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-02-11, 12:46 PM #40
Originally posted by Edward:

Glad to see you really appreciate me taking on JKHub when it needed a place to live. The amount of entitlement in your post is mind-boggling. Giraffe WAS contacted, and I have finally gotten a response from him yesterday. Stop acting like a child.

↑ Up to the top!