Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Donald Trump
Donald Trump
2016-03-13, 1:19 PM #1
I'm a Trump Steak and I'm voting for the Skirt Steak of candidates, Ralph Nader.
former entrepreneur
2016-03-13, 1:21 PM #2
[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdbyD3wWAAAkd76.jpg:large]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-03-13, 4:18 PM #3
[http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.197278535.1879/fc,220x200,navy.u1.jpg]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-03-13, 5:58 PM #4
You're well done -- very low energy. I'll pay the legal fees of anyone who punches you in the face.
former entrepreneur
2016-03-13, 6:00 PM #5
Also, If my daughter wasn't my daughter, I'd have sex with her, because she's such a beautiful rib eye. (I had her with my second wife -- the hanger steak).
former entrepreneur
2016-03-13, 10:17 PM #6
trump should re-title and re-release his last book as Mein Drumpf
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2016-03-14, 6:49 AM #7
I don't know why you're making jokes about Trump. The real joke is that some Americans support him.
2016-03-14, 7:17 AM #8
I'm not sure how you could possibly find that surprising enough to merit actual amusement, Jon.

He's loud, boisterous, and continuously threatens anyone who criticizes him. He has major delusions of grandeur, which seem to indicate that he actually does think he's better than everyone else despite having been an unmitigated disaster for the last several decades. He's got tons of skeletons in his closet, and refuses to take any responsibility for them. He routinely rewrites not only his own history, but that of everyone else as well. He constantly boasts about his achievements, and attempts to rebrand his numerous failures as wild successes. He has absolutely no self-awareness of any of his numerous flaws, and continues to purport all of his major weaknesses are actually strengths. He thinks his own brand of terrible bull**** can improve absolutely everything despite it having never improved anything.

Most pointedly: He tirelessly attempted to supplant an existing resident who was bothering no one at all in order to build a monument to himself, which of course was an eventual catastrophic failure.

He's the butt of a cosmic joke that only he seems to be unaware of, and everyone else just points and laughs as he continues to destroy himself with ignorant pride.

So yeah, he's pretty much the perfect person to represent America.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-14, 8:24 AM #9
Only about 15% of Americans support him. What's funny is why. They are most commonly registered Democrats who vote like Republicans, white, male, not college educated, who disagree with Trump and each other on most issues other than racial and sexual prejudice. They love the constitution but believe their opponents shouldn't be allowed to speak. They love capitalism but believe jobs shouldn't go to the most competitive workers.

Basically, they're stupid.
2016-03-14, 10:13 AM #10
Originally posted by Jon`C:
The real joke is that many Americans support him.

FTFY

I think he's going to be the next president. Just because of all the press coverage he get's. At least in my perception the last president's whose campaign I was aware of (Bush and Obama) were the ones who got most of the press coverage. Bush because he said stupid stuff (like Trump) and Obama because of his Change campaign (like Trump) and because he's black (almost like Trump, who is orange).
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-03-14, 10:53 AM #11
The real joke is how for one moment I actually expected BioWare to take note of my picture. [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
2016-03-14, 11:07 AM #12
EA. Despite what you and their new recruiters want to believe, Bioware isn't a real thing anymore. Calling them Bioware is letting EA win.

Also, Donald Trump is still wildly unpopular among general voters. He has 62% disapproval and it is getting worse. Most Americans are passively partisan so the general election would be disappointingly close regardless of the candidate, but if the election were held today Trump wouldn't win. In fact, it would be difficult enough for any Republican to win even with a very good moderate candidate.
2016-03-14, 4:49 PM #13
From George Takei's Facebook page (best when read aloud):

Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2? (Credit: Steven Edwards)
"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-03-14, 6:14 PM #14
How is that different from McCain and Romney, though? Their platforms were equally vague and vascillatory, and not expressed much more politely. Just remember how much Romney hesitated on agriculture subsidies when he realized how much it would anger the welfare addict hill people in the base.
2016-03-14, 6:57 PM #15
That impression is way off base.

He didn't call for anyone to be tortured or killed.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-14, 9:41 PM #16
How is that different from McCain and Romney, though? Their platforms were equally vague and vascillatory, and not expressed much more politely. Just remember how much Romney hesitated on agriculture subsidies when he realized how much it would anger the welfare addict hill people in the base.

Nothing either of those men have said in the past seems memorable enough to recall. Romney was at least capable of coherent speech. McCain sung bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. Trump proves that he has virtually no knowledge of any relevant topic. That's what makes him anti establishment, I suppose.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-03-15, 9:40 AM #17
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbyZkJvXIAQmsxI.png
2016-03-15, 11:31 AM #18
The only real difference between Trump and a traditional Republican candidate is that Trump lacks any form of eloquence or subtlety.

He's just bluntly honest about the things other candidates have only insinuated.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-15, 12:31 PM #19
Traditional candidates are purposefully vague so the angry authoritarian Republicans will read those positions into what they say, but they don't say them directly because they are stupid ideas that can't even be implemented. Trump is willing to directly promise stupid impossible ideas. It turns out that crowd doesn't care if you just lie out your ass, even if you get called on it.

This election sucks so bad I might vote for him out of spite, because maybe we deserve a idiot president. I'd rather that idiot be Bernie, but whatever.
2016-03-15, 1:24 PM #20
Exactly.

Trump isn't any more honest than Romney was. Do you think Trump honestly wants to eliminate foreign labor market arbitrage or free trade? Of course not, he makes too much money off of it. An honest Republican candidate can't be successful precisely because honest Republican ideas are financial suicide for their own base.

Romney went through the same thing with agricultural subsidies. The difference is that he wasn't willing to pretend. Trump is willing to pretend, and he doesn't care if he scares the pants off of other rich people in the process.
2016-03-15, 2:50 PM #21
I wasn't suggesting that he actually intends to follow through on any of it. I'm just saying that he comes right out and says it.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-15, 4:34 PM #22
I think he just says whatever he feels like and then does whatever he feels like, and then insists that his past actions are whatever he wants them to have been. Kind of like how his net worth works.
2016-03-15, 5:03 PM #23
I mean, it's kinda working, too.

Given that his supporters love to tout his outspoken no-nonsense attitude, there's a large degree of irony inherent in the fact that everything he says is bull****.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-15, 7:29 PM #24
I think they just like it when he is politically incorrect and pisses off people they don't like. That's good for a person hosting comedy show. Bad for a president.

Honestly, Jeremy Clarkson would legitimately be a better leader than Trump. He's a cock, but at least he knows it and admits it.
2016-03-19, 9:12 AM #25
So I was thinking this morning, is it already to late for the Republicans to win this election? The anti-Trump vote is fairly strong but it has been split among all of the non-Trump candidates which has allowed Trump to amass more delegates as a single candidate. I don't think it's likely that he takes enough of the delegates to reach that artificial, random number of 1237.*

So if this goes into a contested convention, hopefully it will be resolved with a majority of the delegates coalescing on a non-Trump candidate (Cruz would be my preference). Of course Trump could come out on top. Worst case for Republicans is it goes to the smoke filled room and who knows who will come out of that mess.

So, and I could be wrong, I have been saying for sometime that Donald Trump is unelectable. It's like someone's playing a really mean joke on all those people that said "anyone but Hillary." It seems to me that about half of registered Republicans have said they cannot or might not vote for Trump. I'm in that crowd. So a Clinton victory over Trump seems likely. Of course everything I'm posting doesn't take into account how the general actually unfolds.

So let's say Cruz wins the nomination. Normally I think he would have a good chance of beating Hillary but if all the Trump voters are butthurt because the nomination was "stolen" from their guy and don't turn out then he most likely won't win. And a larger loss for anyone other than Cruz.

I could go on but I'm curious how does a Hillary Clinton presidency make you feel? Personally I would prefer Sanders to Clinton but that's because, and again I could be wrong, I believe he is a much more honest person. I don't like his ideas but I would be happier with an honest person that I disagree with than a dishonest person. Hillary Clinton is a horrible person mired in scandal and death and if I were a Democrat I think I would be even more embarrassed than I am to be a Republican with Donald Trump as our front runner.

*For those that missed his last debate showing it was classic. Early on the moderators pressed him to explain his answers but of course he couldn't provide any more detail than to continue to say he would make great deals, etc. Often when he would refute something Cruz would say with an equally nonsensical answer Cruz would just look at him with a smile that seemed to say "really, how have you gotten this far?" When they were asked about supporting the nominee or something like that, Trump called 1237 an artificial, random number. Not knowing exactly but feeling pretty sure I googled the number of delegates. 2472. So 1237 is exactly one delegate over 50%. He either doesn't have a clue or he's playing to the ignorance of others. I'm inclined to believe the former but you would think he would have to be smarter than that.

2016-03-19, 11:12 AM #26
Originally posted by Wookie06:
So I was thinking this morning, is it already to late for the Republicans to win this election?
No, it isn't. For starters, Trump isn't really unelectable; Clinton and Trump are both deeply unpopular, only polling within 5% of each other in a general contest. Trump, though, has 15% of the US population actively supporting him. Clinton seems to have 0%: swing voters are disgusted; Sanders supporters aren't going to vote for her (and may even vote for Trump in protest); she only polls well with black voters, and while I honestly don't know their reasons for supporting her, it's probably safe to assume they won't turn out any better in the general election than they did for Gore or Kerry. Trump will never have broad popularity, but in the US that's nether necessary nor sufficient to win. What really matters is whether Clinton can successfully convince more people to vote for her, which is distinct from convincing people to prefer her.

The more pressing question, though, is why you'd even care. For the past 50 years the Republican Party has had no governing philosophy deeper than conducting unethical academic economic experiments garbed as rural populism. That's 50 years of total failure at everything they have ever tried or even wanted, failure even at sustaining their own organization or types of intellectualism. There is nothing left worth voting for in the GOP. They can't even rally their base to support a movement Republican. And frankly, if you genuinely want representative leadership you'd be better off voting for Clinton (a Republican who became a New York Democrat to get elected) than Trump (a New York Democrat who became a Republican to get elected).
2016-03-19, 12:22 PM #27
And frankly, if you genuinely want representative leadership you'd be better off voting for Clinton

...assuming you are a Republican for good personal reasons, and not just because you hate the gays and blacks. Then you should probably vote for Trump.
2016-03-20, 9:06 AM #28
I intentionally don't run from the Republican moniker even though I'm disgusted with the party in general. In general, there isn't much difference between the two right now. They're mostly just House of Cards on steroids.

So, yes, Clinton is very unpopular (and really, what a terrible speaker) but I'm not aware of half of likely Democrat voters saying they will not or might not support her in the general. Republicans have voiced that for Trump. It is possible that Trump could beat Clinton but to answer your question, if this is the case, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be any happier with a Trump victory than I would with a Clinton victory (does she run with Sanders? I think she might have to).

My reason for remaining Republican and not copping out and declaring "I'M AN INDEPENDENT!" is that I still see glimmers of hope, good people that give me hope that we can restore the Constitution. Of course there is another, better course of action to that end, one that is already underway.

2016-03-20, 1:41 PM #29
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I intentionally don't run from the Republican moniker even though I'm disgusted with the party in general. In general, there isn't much difference between the two right now. They're mostly just House of Cards on steroids.
I doubt it's deliberate.

Quote:
So, yes, Clinton is very unpopular (and really, what a terrible speaker) but I'm not aware of half of likely Democrat voters saying they will not or might not support her in the general. Republicans have voiced that for Trump. It is possible that Trump could beat Clinton but to answer your question, if this is the case, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be any happier with a Trump victory than I would with a Clinton victory (does she run with Sanders? I think she might have to).
I haven't encountered likely Democrat voters saying they wouldn't support Clinton if she won the nomination. Like I said though, that doesn't mean much. There are a lot of people excited to vote for Trump, but nobody seems excited to vote for Hillary Clinton. All rhetoric aside, including the dishonest and unfair attacks of the GOP over the past 25 years, her actual record pins her as a socially progressive but otherwise boring neoliberal schmoozer. At this point it also doesn't seem like a contest so much as a coronation, which is never ever good for turning out the vote.

Quote:
My reason for remaining Republican and not copping out and declaring "I'M AN INDEPENDENT!" is that I still see glimmers of hope, good people that give me hope that we can restore the Constitution. Of course there is another, better course of action to that end, one that is already underway.

Let me guess: campaign finance reform?
2016-03-21, 9:13 AM #30
I don't know about Hillary being an actual terrible speaker. The other night I heard her utter the words "When Donald Trump says he supports torture, it doesn't make him strong; it makes him wrong."

I'm all about a candidate who goes Dr Seuss when discussing torture.
>>untie shoes
2016-03-21, 12:02 PM #31
Only about 15% of Americans support him. What's funny is why. They are most commonly registered Democrats who vote like Republicans, white, male, not college educated, who disagree with Trump and each other on most issues other than racial and sexual prejudice. They love the constitution but believe their opponents shouldn't be allowed to speak. They love capitalism but believe jobs shouldn't go to the most competitive workers.

Basically, they're stupid.

Yeah, I think this poll speaks for itself about the kind of people we're talking about here.

Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?
[http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/agrabah-poll.png]

See all of the poll results here with commentary:
http://www.snopes.com/2015/12/18/agrabah-aladdin-republican-poll/
2016-03-21, 1:01 PM #32
I'd make Massassi a Trump-free zone but then what would we talk about?
2016-03-21, 9:26 PM #33
Originally posted by Brian:

Zootopia. i love Zootopia
2016-03-22, 11:09 AM #34
Maybe you should make a thread titled "Donald Duck" that'd actually be about Zootopia.
2016-03-22, 1:11 PM #35
WTF is a zootopia?
2016-03-22, 5:22 PM #36
[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/Zootopia.jpg]
2016-03-22, 7:13 PM #37
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Maybe you should make a thread titled "Donald Duck" that'd actually be about Zootopia.

how do you make a thread
2016-03-22, 9:44 PM #38
Originally posted by Brian:

Trump-free zone? Uh oh. Better delete that before the Trump police send you to the Trump Resort to get Trumped in the Rump.
2016-03-23, 4:21 AM #39
MASSASSI SAFE ZONE
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-03-23, 5:57 PM #40
No, it isn't. For starters, Trump isn't really unelectable; Clinton and Trump are both deeply unpopular, only polling within 5% of each other in a general contest. Trump, though, has 15% of the US population actively supporting him. Clinton seems to have 0%: swing voters are disgusted; Sanders supporters aren't going to vote for her (and may even vote for Trump in protest); she only polls well with black voters, and while I honestly don't know their reasons for supporting her, it's probably safe to assume they won't turn out any better in the general election than they did for Gore or Kerry. Trump will never have broad popularity, but in the US that's nether necessary nor sufficient to win. What really matters is whether Clinton can successfully convince more people to vote for her, which is distinct from convincing people to prefer her.

The more pressing question, though, is why you'd even care. For the past 50 years the Republican Party has had no governing philosophy deeper than conducting unethical academic economic experiments garbed as rural populism. That's 50 years of total failure at everything they have ever tried or even wanted, failure even at sustaining their own organization or types of intellectualism. There is nothing left worth voting for in the GOP. They can't even rally their base to support a movement Republican. And frankly, if you genuinely want representative leadership you'd be better off voting for Clinton (a Republican who became a New York Democrat to get elected) than Trump (a New York Democrat who became a Republican to get elected).

A significant amount of the GOP base hates Trump. Maybe not enough to vote for Hillary, but definitely enough to stay home. The GOP relies on higher voter turn out to win elections. That's not going to happen with Trump.

Reagan for his faults, was at least pragmatic enough not to double down on a failed economic policy. When "Reaganomics" failed, he fell back on more proven methods, and it turned out alright. The GOP of today is insanely ideological, and isn't willing to back down on anything no matter what the reason.

I don't think the democratic party is any better though. They shill the black vote by pretending to endorse the crazy conspiracy theories promoted by populists that prey on ignorance and anger, but they don't actually acknowledge or act on that outside black communities. They love to talk about banning "assault weapons" and basically go full fear monger spewing ignorant nonsense about a class of weapons that kills statically very few and disproportionately white victims. Their approach to curbing carbon emissions is essentially a cynical scheme to transfer money to venture capitalists. This angst about Citizens United is catastrophically stupid.

↑ Up to the top!