Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Poast your oldest poast
Poast your oldest poast
2016-03-23, 3:02 PM #1
So yeah, post the oldest Massassi post of yours that you can find that hasn't been pruned. Of course, if you have a post that's even older saved somewhere then you can post that, but the idea is to post the oldest that's still on this forum.

If you do have a saved post that's further back in time than the forum will go, maybe just post both that AND the oldest that still exists here.

My first posts were in 2001, but my first one still available is in this thread created by me. It's from 02-07-2003 and I'll copypaste it here even though you can already see it by clicking that link.

Originally posted by Krokodile:
I'll just quote myself so I don't have to type the same thing reworded:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"><Kroko> Okay, I'm a complete newbie at this...My brother says we need a decent sound system for watching movies, and I agree. We have a widescreen TV and a DVD player, but all we really have as a sound system now is the TV's stereo speakers. What is needed to set up some sort of Dolby/DTS or whatever sound thingiemyack that connects to the TV or the DVD player? A tuner-amplifier and speakers at least I guess, and er...I'm such a newbie at sound systems.</font>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-03-23, 3:03 PM #2
My first post has never been pruned since I made it in the Main Editing Forum.

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?8298-Dark-Forces-for-Mots
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-03-24, 3:39 PM #3
what a chump

Originally posted by saberopus:
my question here is that I need to know how to create a luminescent surface so I don't need to keep adding light entities...

please help in any way possible

thank you again!

and the reward.... is my everlasting gratitude and servitude to you...thank you
2016-03-24, 7:02 PM #4
Apparently my earliest post was pruned at some point; I answered someone's question in the COG forum.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-03-25, 9:06 AM #5
Pruning is the devil. If I had life to do all over again I would find a way to not prune any posts from the forums. That said, the _original_ message boards are here and probably contain my first post.

http://www.massassi.com/etc/archived_msgboards/
2016-03-25, 9:10 AM #6
Here's one.

2016-03-25, 9:10 AM #7
For years I've wondered where the hell I did get all those mboard(n).zip files from, so I guess you must have posted them earlier at some point.

RE: "Here's one"

Scary enough, I could get a hold of all those 4 posters (assuming it's the same Gonk).

Yes, all four. C|;D
2016-03-25, 9:48 AM #8
Oh man... does anybody realize how long ago it was this site started??? Look at this gem:

2016-03-25, 10:46 AM #9
Brian, I presume those zips are all just the boards pre-mid 1999 when we switched over? Either way, I'm getting my hopes up that the proto-ISB threads are still saved somewhere.

The threads in question are something like:
"Nostradamos...scary stuff here" by GA_Farrant
"Enter my citadel by the fire" (not sure on title) by Merlin

Both would have been started in the mid, maybe early '99 era. Fairly certain the board system had been switched over but I could be wrong.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-03-25, 11:25 AM #10
My first post was probably in '98 or '99. I remember lurking when we were at JediNights.com but I don't recall actually posting until I needed help with something once we moved to our own URL. Either way, I won't be sifting through all of that. However, at a brief glance, it's humorous to see how helpful CogKing was, despite LEC giving 0 effs. I was toying around with JK.EXE the other day & couldn't help but notice that the programmers said things like "...not supported yet." on a few occasions, so I'm guessing throwing us to the wolves was an internal political thing?
? :)
2016-03-25, 12:38 PM #11
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Brian, I presume those zips are all just the boards pre-mid 1999 when we switched over? Either way, I'm getting my hopes up that the proto-ISB threads are still saved somewhere.

The threads in question are something like:
"Nostradamos...scary stuff here" by GA_Farrant
"Enter my citadel by the fire" (not sure on title) by Merlin

Both would have been started in the mid, maybe early '99 era. Fairly certain the board system had been switched over but I could be wrong.

Between the wwwboard (shown in screenshots) and vbulletin (what we have now) we had UBB. Do you remember if it was on UBB? I do have some backups of ubbs but if the threads were pruned (not hacked) I probably don't have them. If they were hacked (but old at the time) I may have them somewhere. Unfortunately I have ~20 hard drives from over the years so it'd take me a while to look. I'm waiting for my brother to give back my drive enclosure before going spelunking.
2016-03-25, 2:43 PM #12
Originally posted by Brian:
Between the wwwboard (shown in screenshots) and vbulletin (what we have now) we had UBB. Do you remember if it was on UBB? I do have some backups of ubbs but if the threads were pruned (not hacked) I probably don't have them. If they were hacked (but old at the time) I may have them somewhere. Unfortunately I have ~20 hard drives from over the years so it'd take me a while to look. I'm waiting for my brother to give back my drive enclosure before going spelunking.

I want to say they were on UBB (my recollection was we switched to that in early/mid '99, which I'm pretty sure is when I joined, or right before the transition, but I could be wrong). As much as I hope otherwise, my suspicion is that they would have been on the Discussion Board and pruned prior to hacked. I know archive.org didn't get the threads in any case, so if they do exist on one of your harddrives, it'd be quite a historic moment for the ISB. :)

With this talk, it should come as little surprise that my first post as it stands on this forum can be found within the first post of The Never-ending Story Thread:
https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?18360-The-Never-ending-Story-Thread&p=248526&viewfull=1#post248526
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-03-25, 9:33 PM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I downloaded and played Deathstar's RPG; it's fun and has an interesting storyline. I for one would like to see more of it.

The earliest one I can find.
2016-03-25, 9:44 PM #14
Quote:
<FahdGamalRamadan> Well, ever since I was blitzkrieged during a Kristallnacht a week ago, I decided to get reformed.
* Jon`C sets mode: +b *!*@synIRC-784905ED.elisa-laajakaista.fi
* FahdGamalRamadan was kicked by Jon`C (I warned you about comparing your life to the holocaust.)

2007, but it made me lol
2016-03-26, 12:29 AM #15
>_>
2016-03-26, 1:58 AM #16
Originally posted by Brian:

I really hope you have the UBB backed up somewhere. Those were the days that I think of my own personal golden years of Massassi -- they were the years that I started posting here, and posted most frequently.

I'm pretty sure that at some point in the past five years or so I did in fact find the UBB backed up on some web archive. I think since then I've read some of the posts from when a bunch of us were starting out on Solclaim when it started as a new server, which happened in June 2000 or so. But I can't find the web archive on Google now. Hopefully the UBB will turn up on one of your hard drives, if not somewhere else!
former entrepreneur
2016-03-27, 8:33 PM #17
Oh, here's what I was thinking of: http://web.archive.org/web/19990915000000*/http://forums.massassi.net

Not much there.
former entrepreneur
2016-03-30, 9:33 PM #18
Yes UBB! that is my earliest and fondest memories of Massassi. I'm not sure of what or when my first post was but it must be around 1999/2000.

I have some vague recollection of going to some temporary forum while something was going on. It may have been during the UBB era or between UBB and vBulletin. Does anyone else remember?

↑ Up to the top!