Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "20 years later, Dark Forces and Jedi Knight are still great Star Wars games"
"20 years later, Dark Forces and Jedi Knight are still great Star Wars games"
2016-03-30, 5:22 AM #1
http://www.pcgamer.com/20-years-later-dark-forces-and-jedi-knight-are-still-great-star-wars-games/?ns_campaign=article-feed&%3Bns_mchannel=ref&%3Bns_source=steam&%3Bns_linkname=0&%3Bns_fee=0

Quite a nice little article in PC gamer about JK :) Sorry if this has already been posted!

I don't agree with the author about cutscenes, I thought they were really well made for a game of the time.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2016-03-30, 6:35 PM #2
People like to hate on the cutscenes, but I'm extremely fond of them.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-03-30, 7:49 PM #3
You're just going to get in more trouble!
2016-03-30, 7:51 PM #4
I recently played through Dark Forces. It was suprising how quickly I finished the game when playing at age 28, compared to how long it took my to do it as a 10 year old.

That is, except the Arc Hammer. I gave up fighting the dark troopers on medium, and refused to play it on easy.

I look forward to playing Jedi Knight again, as soon as they release it on Linux.
2016-03-30, 9:13 PM #5
Jason Court will always be my Kyle Katarn.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-03-30, 9:20 PM #6
Reading the review brings back a lot of good memories of my teenage years playing JK and modding JK with my brothers. At the time I thought the cut scenes were really good! It definitely makes me want to play through the SP again :D

↑ Up to the top!