Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wikileaks begins their week-long leak of DNC documents
Wikileaks begins their week-long leak of DNC documents
2016-07-22, 2:29 PM #1
Just this morning they released ~20,000 emails of top DNC officials. So far they seem to confirm exactly what every Sanders supporter suspected was going on, DNC basically colluding with the HRC campaign, complaining about how the Sanders campaign is forcing Hillary to pander to "young liberals" instead of taking a more centrist line, lots of oblique discussion of sketchy finance but no smoking guns have been found.

Also, plenty of comments about being in direct contact with mainstream media directors about how the DNC wants to spin stories, as if that's a surprise.

Some fun quotes:

Originally posted by https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/13541:
She can't take Sanders on directly, it would turn into a fight and any time it's DNC Chair vs Sanders, DNC Chair is going to lose.

Originally posted by https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/8351:
Yes, Super PAC paying young voters to push back online on Sanders supporters

If you're a user of reddit, this explains where much of the pro-Hillary content has been coming from lately.

Originally posted by https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11508:
It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

All-in-all pretty fun.
2016-07-22, 3:10 PM #2
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/12803

Here's a fun one, the DNC created fake craigslist advertisements for jobs with Trump, demanding the women maintain standards of beauty.
2016-07-22, 4:17 PM #3
Nothing on CNN about this.

Which shouldn't be a surprise, since the leak shows CNN colluding with the DNC to softball Clinton's interviews.
2016-07-22, 4:22 PM #4
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Nothing on CNN about this.

Which shouldn't be a surprise, since the leak shows CNN colluding with the DNC to softball Clinton's interviews.

This is actual news, CNN doesn't care about that.
2016-07-22, 4:25 PM #5
Oh come on, be fair. Maybe Hillary Clinton hasn't given them permission to cover it yet.
2016-07-22, 6:27 PM #6
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Oh come on, be fair. Maybe Hillary Clinton hasn't given them permission to cover it yet.

Scarily accurate, given that at least one journalist submitted an unpublished article to the DNC for approval.

In other news, DNC officials violated their charter, giving precedence for a civil suit to DNC donors, maybe?

Quote:
The Chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness as between the Presidential candidates and campaigns. The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.

Which is clearly no longer true.
2016-07-22, 11:25 PM #7
Originally posted by Reid:
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/12803

Here's a fun one, the DNC created fake craigslist advertisements for jobs with Trump, demanding the women maintain standards of beauty.

Wouldn't that be very illegal?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2016-07-23, 5:22 AM #8
Did wikileaks not leak anything about the RNC?

Both parties are equally shady. Political campaigns are a lot like war. In fact, many of the propaganda tactics are identical.
2016-07-23, 6:18 AM #9
I had an incident of weak'y leaks in the bathroom this morning, gotta try again later.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-07-23, 7:01 AM #10
ಠ_ಠ
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-07-23, 7:35 AM #11
Originally posted by Alco:
Did wikileaks not leak anything about the RNC? Both parties are equally shady. Political campaigns are a lot like war. In fact, many of the propaganda tactics are identical.

The Republican nominee is a known con artist & white supremacist & a likely atheist that would **** his own daughter if the circumstances were favorable, & his supporters are eating it up. What's left to discover? Necrophilia? Pedophilia? I'm not sure that anyone would care about that either. There'd just be a few more people that can't live near schools or cemeteries thinking "truedat".
? :)
2016-07-23, 10:31 AM #12

Both parties are equally shady. Political campaigns are a lot like war. In fact, many of the propaganda tactics are identical.

Everybody knows who the Republicans are, it's the Democrat followers who need to have their bubble busted.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2016-07-23, 10:39 AM #13
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Wouldn't that be very illegal?

If you can show it had libelous intent, but I'm pretty sure it was intended as a joke/satire.
2016-07-23, 10:40 AM #14

Is this a serious question?

Only the DNC was hacked.
2016-07-23, 3:19 PM #15
If you can show it had libelous intent, but I'm pretty sure it was intended as a joke/satire.

And even if it wasn't, it will be if anyone asks.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-07-23, 3:26 PM #16
Originally posted by Krokodile:
And even if it wasn't, it will be if anyone asks.

I guess, I don't see any world where "expect to be kissed on the lips and groped under the table" can be construed as anything but satire. Reads like an SNL skit rather than a serious smear attempt.
2016-07-23, 4:52 PM #17
Is this a serious question?

Only the DNC was hacked.

Of course it's a serious question. It raises the question of why the DNC was hacked and not the RNC? Mentat's commentary not withstanding on the matter, I would find RNC leaks just as fascinating. Donal Trump is a known showman. There are many Republicans and others that believe that his more incendiary comments are a huge departure from comments he's made in the past when he was supporting the Democrats. My point, if I'm even making one at all, is that bias on the part of hackers and/or wikileaks sends a mixed message and does raise questions about motives.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for transparency at every level when it comes to politics.
2016-07-23, 5:15 PM #18
Of course it's a serious question. It raises the question of why the DNC was hacked and not the RNC?
My point, if I'm even making one at all, is that bias on the part of hackers and/or wikileaks sends a mixed message and does raise questions about motives.

Really? You can't think of another explanation, like maybe the DNC was just easier to hack?
2016-07-23, 5:22 PM #19
Quote:
The intruders so thoroughly compromised the DNC’s system that they also were able to read all email and chat traffic, said DNC officials and the security experts.

The intrusion into the DNC was one of several targeting American political organizations. The networks of presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were also targeted by Russian spies, as were the computers of some Republican political action committees, U.S. officials said. But details on those cases were not available.
like this maybe
2016-07-23, 7:42 PM #20
If you trust the guy who claims to have done the hack,

Quote:
How did you break into the DNC network? And are you still in?

These questions are also very popular. I’ve already said about the software vulnerabilities. The DNC had NGP VAN software installed on their system so I used the 0-day exploit and then deployed my backdoor. The DNC used Windows on their server, so it made my work much easier. I installed my Trojan like virus on their PCs. I just modified the platform that I bought on the hacking forums for about $1.5k.

I’ve been inside the network for pretty long time, so I downloaded a lot of files. I lost access after they rebooted the system on June 12. But after all, if they’ll carry on like this it won’t be a problem to get in again and again.

and as Jon`C said, the RNC might just have better security.
2016-07-23, 9:30 PM #21
Black hats aren't ~magical supermen~ who can break into any machine they want. Better or worse security is really beside the point; compromising a system this way takes luck, inattentive administrators, and some combination of vulnerable software. In this case, the hacker had access to an NGP VAN 0-day exploit. NGP VAN only does business with progressive parties - i.e. no Republicans are licensed to use it - so the exploit this guy happened to have would never work on a GOP network. That doesn't mean this guy wasn't trying to hack the GOP, or that they had better security, it only means that the attacker had the tools on hand to attack the DNC.

Given that this is a US federal institution we're talking about, you should be less surprised that the DNC e-mail is hackable and more surprised that they even have e-mail, and they aren't faxing around typewritten letters or something.
2016-07-24, 6:25 AM #22
Well, to be honest, I am surprised because I typically find that those of the GOP are less technically savvy. However, like you said, perhaps the RNC better funds it's IT department and just got lucky to have the right people setup the security on their networks.
2016-07-24, 8:51 AM #23
A GOP hack wouldn't have been nearly as interesting, anyway. The DNC successfully shut down an insurgent candidate; the GOP failed miserably at the same thing, and mostly didn't even seem to be trying.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-07-24, 1:23 PM #24
Well, Debbie Wasserman Schultz just resigned.
2016-07-24, 1:39 PM #25
...from congress, or just as DNC chair, which she would have been booted from after November anyway?
2016-07-24, 1:52 PM #26
As DNC chair, and I didn't know that was going to happen.
2016-07-24, 2:00 PM #27
Token gesture is token.

Edit: She's "resigning" from a job she was losing anyway... after the convention, and after taking the spotlight in the kickoff and the close. It's rare that you can tell when someone is a genuinely awful person from so far away. Just a truly awful, self interested, corrupt person.
2016-07-24, 6:10 PM #28
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
The DNC successfully shut down an insurgent candidate; the GOP failed miserably at the same thing, and mostly didn't even seem to be trying.

I disagree. The GOP did (barely) shut down the insurgent candidate but they inadvertently enabled the retard candidate nobody took serious.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-07-24, 8:47 PM #29
I agree, Jeb Bush was a joke.
2016-07-24, 9:49 PM #30
"People are outraged that the DNC chair colluded with my campaign and worked to fix the primary election. I know what I'll do, I'll send out an open letter thanking her for her help!" - Hillary Clinton, extremely stupid person.
2016-07-24, 9:54 PM #31
Assange claims the next batch is sure to lead to Hillary being prosecuted. I don't believe it, but he's pretty good at getting me hyped for these leaks!
2016-07-24, 10:25 PM #32
Assange claims the next batch is sure to lead to Hillary being prosecuted. I don't believe it, but he's pretty good at getting me hyped for these leaks!

That would require the US have at least one prosecutor who is interested in doing their job.

Obama would pardon her, anyway.
2016-07-25, 9:34 AM #33

That's what the headlines said, but I couldn't find any direct quotes from Assange saying anything more than that the next leak would contain enough information to indict Clinton, but that the current administration would never do it anyway. (That last part, at least, is almost certainly true.)
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-07-25, 10:31 AM #34
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
That's what the headlines said, but I couldn't find any direct quotes from Assange saying anything more than that the next leak would contain enough information to indict Clinton, but that the current administration would never do it anyway. (That last part, at least, is almost certainly true.)

Well that's a bit underwhelming considering those headlines. Still, it'll be interesting to see what it is. I never visit the website so I'll find out via the press.
2016-07-25, 12:48 PM #35
Also, guys, try saying "wikileaks' week-long leak" several times fast. Let me tell you, it's not easy.
former entrepreneur
2016-07-25, 2:54 PM #36
Schultz was literally booed off stage in Florida this morning, and MSNBC, I **** you not, reported she came on stage to "cheers". The bald-faced lying is hysterical and almost absurd
2016-07-25, 2:54 PM #37
Originally posted by Eversor:
Also, guys, try saying "wikileaks' week-long leak" several times fast. Let me tell you, it's not easy.

Can confirm, this is very hard
2016-07-25, 10:26 PM #38
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

:getin:
2016-07-26, 8:46 AM #39
Holy crap, Trump is actually leading; 538 is no joke
2016-07-26, 9:23 AM #40
It'll be interesting to see if Clinton gets a "convention bump" despite, like, the booing and hissing.

So strange to see two parties working so hard on ceding the election to each other. American Mussolini versus a Goldman Sachs apologist. If only Tomoyuki Tanaka lived so long.

↑ Up to the top!