Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → An open invitation to Jon`C
An open invitation to Jon`C
2016-07-23, 9:36 PM #1
I have been thinking about this all week and planned to just place it in an ongoing thread but what the H. I am formally inviting Jon`C to spend a weekend or longer with us at our home. I think this forum hate is ridiculous and I have admired many of his talents for years. I don't particularly hide my identity online so it's fairly easy to figure my full name and I live in Clarksville, Tennessee so with Facebook and such anyone inclined should be able to find quite a bit about me.

The best time for me is around the end of August but only because I will have sometime off from school. Conversely, I guess I could head that way as well. We shall see. Details to be considered as appropriate.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-07-23, 9:56 PM #2
Thank you for the kind offer, but I'm afraid I have a family and employer who would prefer that my body not wash ashore in Nashville.
2016-07-23, 10:03 PM #3
I want you to know I'm absolutely serious. I appreciate your humor on the subject but I hope you seriously consider the idea.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-07-23, 10:14 PM #4
I would say that you would all be welcome (and of course you are) but I figure that starts to get impractical. I could go your direction but I would really like to welcome you in our home for a number of reasons.

2016-07-23, 10:34 PM #5
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I could go your direction but I would really like to welcome you in our home for a number of reasons.

Such as your basement?

Anyway, Jonc seems like such a private person that I don't see this happening, but I do wish it did!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-07-23, 10:40 PM #6
My basement is essentially 3/4 garage and one finished room. Our guest room on the main floor has a queen bed.

2016-07-24, 2:31 AM #7
what the ****
2016-07-24, 3:00 AM #8
My basement is essentially 3/4 garage and one finished room. Our guest room on the main floor has a queen bed.

The amenities are certainly in order.

Jon? The ball's back in your court.
2016-07-24, 8:54 AM #9
book through Gold's travel agency for 15% off
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-07-24, 9:33 AM #10
My pants are about to be 100% off
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-07-24, 10:17 AM #11
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
My pants are about to be 100% off

I'll buy(te) them!
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-07-24, 12:01 PM #12
I AM THE KING

OF NO PANTS
2016-07-24, 12:05 PM #13
[http://i.imgur.com/vhiHj2b.jpg]

I AM THE KING

OF NO PANTS

Good lord, why couldn't you be the King of pants!?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-07-24, 2:41 PM #14
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
book through Gold's travel agency for 15% off

The human head is 15% of the whole body?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-07-24, 4:23 PM #15
I know the odds of this happening are remote. If it were to happen, my thought is just that Jon`C would have a chance to get to know us as we really are. I would love for my son to be exposed to some of Jon's talents and I would like to learn some from him as well. I'm sure there are things Jon`C would take away from a quick tour of this part of the country as well.

2016-07-24, 5:43 PM #16
I'm generally aware that you are a human being and not the Internet demagogue you play. Other than that and innumeracy, though, I'm not sure what I would learn from visiting an area so similar to where I grew up.

Although it would be fun to visit a city named after my great-great-great-great-great uncle. But there isn't really a shortage of those.
2016-07-24, 8:21 PM #17
Damn it, Jon. Let us not be separated by the rifts of discord, but bonded by the bridges of mutual understanding.

On the day of rest Wookie spoke unto thee: "Come, to me, to my home and family! Everything is mine and everything is yours, I want you to learn of my humanity! Solemn is my plea, I do beg of thee: come, and we'll find our way to harmony!"
2016-07-25, 12:19 AM #18
Originally posted by gbk:
Good lord, why couldn't you be the King of pants!?

He's the King Off-Pants.
2016-07-25, 1:03 AM #19
I'm gone for a couple of weeks and this happens!!!!!!

How about one of those swap deals where Jon`C moves into Wookie06's house for a week and at the same time Wookie06 moves into Jon`C's place? Sort of like Wife Swap (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_Swap_(U.S._TV_series) ) but ... well... uh... no wife swapping is involved.
2016-07-25, 2:41 AM #20
Massassian Swap sounds good. Who'll write the script?
2016-07-25, 5:18 AM #21
SF_GoldG_01
nope.
2016-07-25, 5:27 AM #22
He's more likely to film the Massassi Wife Swap.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2016-07-25, 5:29 AM #23
I wouldn't hire SF_GoldG_01 to film my wife swap. He's too fat.
2016-07-26, 1:04 AM #24
I wouldn't hire anyone to film my wife swap. She's too fat.
2016-07-26, 2:49 AM #25
I can do it/her for free.
2016-07-26, 6:38 AM #26
Can you, though? :smug:
2016-07-26, 6:52 AM #27
:3
2016-07-26, 11:02 AM #28
:3

[http://i.imgur.com/u1y7ncN.gif]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-07-26, 1:32 PM #29
It boggles my mind why Wookie06 would actually think ANYONE would want to fly halfway across the country, on short notice, to spend a weekend in the boring-ass state of Tennessee, with someone they AT BEST dislike.

This sounds less like a serious offer and more like a ****ty setup for "Well I tried to make amends but he wouldn't be reasonable!".
2016-07-26, 1:37 PM #30
Wookie06, I agree that it's time to bury the hatchet and spend some time getting to know each other. Unfortunately I will have to decline the invitation to your home in Tennessee, but you are welcome to visit my family at our asteroid base. I won't tell you where it is, but it is in the outer solar system and should be easy to find. Tomorrow at 7 PM your time will work best for me.
2016-07-26, 2:08 PM #31
The lack of promised intimacy is most disappointing.
2016-07-26, 3:17 PM #32
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
This sounds less like a serious offer and more like a ****ty setup for "Well I tried to make amends but he wouldn't be reasonable!".

I don't feel I have anything to make amends for and I knew the odds were remote. It did cross my mind that someone might come up with your lame idea though. Happy it was you.

Damn, I'd forgotten what a bitter person you are.

2016-07-26, 3:51 PM #33
Originally posted by Jon`C:
you are welcome to visit my family at our asteroid base. I won't tell you where it is, but it is in the outer solar system and should be easy to find. Tomorrow at 7 PM your time will work best for me.

Jon, that's not really fair. You know the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2016-07-26, 3:55 PM #34
That's strange, I've navigated it 10 times but I've only hit 37195 asteroids. I think your math is off.
2016-07-26, 4:25 PM #35
I don't feel I have anything to make amends for and I knew the odds were remote. It did cross my mind that someone might come up with your lame idea though. Happy it was you.

Damn, I'd forgotten what a bitter person you are.

He has a point though, it would go some way to explaining why you posted this on the forum instead of a private message.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2016-07-27, 2:39 AM #36
If you didn't have an ulterior motive, you wouldn't have announced this in public.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2016-07-27, 7:27 AM #37
First off, I'm going to nonironically defend Wookie06 in this post, but it's not because I think Jon needs to accept the invitation or anything.

Wookie seems quite sincere with the invitation, misguided as it may be, so I would think the motive to post this instead of sending Jon a private message wasn't so much about gaining some sort of moral leverage by being able to point to an attempt at making amends. I think it was more about believing, perhaps intuitively, that the invitation would be harder for Jon to pass when it's in the form of a thread. A thread sort of involves more people in his effort to get Jon to actually visit. Wookie is making his case not only to Jon but all of Massassi, and if his idea had garnered support, he would have perceived himself to have a higher chance of getting Jon to actually agree. Also, if Jon hadn't responded, a private message might have been buried in an inbox or deleted. A thread can always be bumped back to the list of active threads for the intended person to react to.
2016-07-27, 7:47 AM #38
Jon has never replied to any private message from me other than publicly (forum or chat, don't remember) to tell me not to send him private messages.

2016-07-27, 8:27 AM #39
2016-07-28, 5:54 AM #40
Morgan Spurlock approves of this thread.
? :)

↑ Up to the top!