Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → After 10 Years, I'm Back!
After 10 Years, I'm Back!
2016-08-12, 8:12 PM #1
Nostalgia is a weird thing. Jedi Knight (with mods) is probably the game I had the most fun in. I used to play on the ZONE as PerfectJamie; good times. Now I am back, and to my pleasant surprise, there is still a community of people playing this game! So anyway, I am hoping to reconnect with friends I made 10 years ago...Hi guys!
2016-08-12, 10:16 PM #2
Welcome back. I seem to remember you. I don't think there are a lot of people playing JK still, although there was a brief resurgence when the game was released on Steam, Humble Bundle, etc. Getting the game working on Windows 10 seems to be a complete nightmare so a lot of people aren't able to play at all anymore :(
2016-08-12, 10:26 PM #3
I got it working on my 64bit Windows 10...yeah it was a bit of a pain, but there are excellent guides out there. I am really hoping for a remake...
2016-08-13, 1:26 AM #4
'sup KJY

Originally posted by Brian:
Getting the game working on Windows 10 seems to be a complete nightmare so a lot of people aren't able to play at all anymore :(

Actually, as far as I've researched on the matter, dgvoodoo2 seems to have a perfect track record with making JK work on modern systems.

The only issue is that with more engine-heavy mods (so more or less some mods made in 2006 or after) you get lag that you wouldn't get if JK worked properly on Win10 without dgvoodoo. And the latter scenario occurs rarely.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-08-13, 6:05 PM #5
Yeah, JK has worked fine with me after applying some of the 3rd party patches out there. I've had both AMD and Nvidia cards and haven't had an issue. Using a GTX 1070 right now and previously had a ATI 6900.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2016-08-13, 6:18 PM #6
Welcome back to the land of the living-dead.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-08-14, 12:45 AM #7
I'll check out dgvoodoo2 but the last time I tried to run JKDF2 on Windows 10, the screen went black when I used the in-game console, the score tally, or the HUD.
? :)
2016-09-10, 9:19 AM #8
Also, do check out the TRÉS CINEMATIQUE version of TODOA, while you're at it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-09-16, 9:12 AM #9
So I'm guessing this guy left and will be back 10 years later.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!