Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you even really care at this point?
Do you even really care at this point?
2016-09-23, 4:53 PM #1
I would like to say I'm indifferent but I will admit that I'll be slightly less disappointed with a Trump win.

Bonus question: Debate predictions/thoughts?

I think from a speaking and command of the facts perspective Clinton is the clear favorite. Taking a wait and see approach to the following: 1) Will Clinton bait Trump into losing his ****? 2) Will Trump actually bait Clinton into losing her ****? 3) Will Clinton have some sort of coughing fit or other medical episode?

Should be entertaining. Well, could be anyway.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-09-23, 5:18 PM #2
I care about the damage these two will cause, but I'm pretty numb to thinking we'll ever get an upstanding person that will actually influence positive change.
My blawgh.
2016-09-23, 6:00 PM #3
Hillary is going to get flustered and get sidetracked, Trump is going to talk about nothing yet still do fine.
2016-09-23, 11:10 PM #4
Trump better win. For the past 8 years, the rest of the world has refrained from (horrible) jokes due to "well, you know, they actually ARE trying...", but once Trump wins, we can bare our Cheetos-covered claws again.

It will be my 4-year Christmas.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-09-24, 6:31 AM #5
I'm indifferent, but not because I don't care, more because of resignation.

Though Trump will be the more interesting outcome. I think he will do more damage in the short run.
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-09-24, 12:21 PM #6
I'm not that excited about a Clinton win, but I am excited about the neo-Nazi die-off that it'll precipitate.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-09-24, 1:41 PM #7
Nah, right-wing nationalism is going to increase as a response to increasing neoliberalism and divergence of who controls wealth. We're just seeing the start.
2016-09-24, 6:21 PM #8
I'm pretty pumped to watch the debate just to see how long it takes for Mark Cuban to storm the stage and RKO Trump through his podium.
>>untie shoes
2016-09-24, 6:32 PM #9
Apparently it's a moral obligation to vote and to vote Hillary.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-09-24, 7:02 PM #10
Less disappointed with a Trump win. If we're going to let things go to hell either way, lets at least stop pissing around about it!
2016-09-25, 1:37 PM #11
I find it somewhat interesting that in the poll not one person is enthusiastic about Clinton and I wonder, if this election were eight years ago versus McCain, where would you be? Myself eight years ago would probably have been enthusiastic for McCain but today I would be slightly McCain. Basically, I'm probably always going to be slightly more against her I think because I want her denied however...

There are some positives in my mind to her election. First, we could end up with both President Clintons being impeached. What a legacy! Second, I'll only have to wait four years for a next go at a candidate I prefer. If Trump wins it's at least eight years. That is assuming he doesn't get bored with it at some point and just quit. Finally, a Republican win of any sort might slow down the push for convention of the states. Her election should energize it but it's likely that Trump's will as well.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-09-25, 1:52 PM #12
Are we assuming that McCain would be running with Palin? Because when McCain picked her he was forfeiting the election.

Edit: Palin spent massive amounts of campaign money on herself, it was an open secret that she took bribes from oil and developers. Inarticulate and inexperienced, and from a politically inconsequential state in defiance of popular wisdom of choosing a running mate from a major swing state. McCain essentially picked her after butting heads with the RNC and just friggin checked out of that election.
2016-09-25, 1:59 PM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Are we assuming that McCain would be running with Palin? Because when McCain picked her he was forfeiting the election.

Well, me back then remembers that she actually had more executive governing experience than anyone on the ticket and was well liked in Alaska. Me today knows that she's bat**** crazy and a Trumpeter. Well, actually, I think she's probably a really good person and being the VP pick while great for monetary gains and publicity is probably the worst thing to happen to her and her family. It's actually really sad.

2016-09-25, 2:02 PM #14
You remember that because you wanted to like her back then. Everybody else was saying she was bat**** crazy. You didn't see it because you didn't want to.
2016-09-25, 2:03 PM #15
It would be pretty great to see Republicans impeach Hillary, but only because it would be another example of them failing on a massive stage in a way that they would obliviously spin as a victory.

So more or less, yeah, it would be the next logical step in the Clinton legacy.
>>untie shoes
2016-09-25, 2:10 PM #16
Well, pretty much everything is straight down party lines and Democrats simply aren't going to convict one of their own even if the gloves do fit.

You remember that because you wanted to like her back then. Everybody else was saying she was bat**** crazy. You didn't see it because you didn't want to.

I was more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, yes, but if you don't see the obvious contrast between her then and now (I already shared a comparison) you must not want to see it. Besides, come on, you think we're all bat**** crazy anyway.

(not necessarily you)

2016-09-25, 2:17 PM #17
I don't think all conservatives are crazy. A lot of you are just evil.
2016-09-25, 3:31 PM #18
Interesting. That kind of sums up how I feel about progressives.

2016-09-25, 8:15 PM #19
If you're thinking about the Democrats, they are every bit as deferential to institution, consequentialist, and risk averse as any Republican. In every real way that matters, in the modern sense of the word, they are conservatives.

You have never met a progressive.
2016-09-25, 8:15 PM #20
I don't think all conservatives are crazy. A lot of you are just evil.

Originally posted by Wookie06:
Interesting. That kind of sums up how I feel about progressives.

There's crazy, stupid ****s on both sides and "evil" in this case is just a matter of perspective.

Real evil? Ted Bundy. Josef Mengele. Reinhard Heydrich. Heinrich Himmler. Pol Pot. Mitch McConnell has nothing on those monsters.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-09-25, 8:46 PM #21
US conservative businessmen have a higher body count and a less noble cause.
2016-09-25, 9:14 PM #22
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I find it somewhat interesting that in the poll not one person is enthusiastic about Clinton

Clinton is a wet blanket that somebody left outside and froze. She's possibly the most unlikable public figure imaginable.
2016-09-25, 10:58 PM #23
Unless you work in the bulge bracket
2016-09-26, 12:03 AM #24
Seriously, watch this video:

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrkPe-9rM1Q

Even Bush Jr. could get roasted and take a joke, she is possibly the stiffest, coldest person I've seen
2016-09-26, 12:07 AM #25
I think she only smiles when he cracks the white power tie joke, Hillary only approves when you're doing what she wants.
2016-09-26, 3:00 AM #26
I think I fall into the Less disappointed with Clinton win column. While I was a Sanders supporter, I think that Clinton is the business as usual candidate, & that's relatively "safe". That doesn't mean that I care for her or that I'll vote for her. Johnson would've interested me when I was in my 20's, but now I think that "libertarianism" (in the sense that most Americans use the term) is intellectually & morally bankrupt. Stein is slightly better but the Green Party's anti-science agenda is troubling--they can try to pretend it's behind them but it's actually not. I suspect that Clinton would run things much like Obama has, & I can honestly probably stomach her hawkishness so long as she makes a serious attempt at improving the quality of life of lower & middle class America.
? :)
2016-09-26, 7:47 AM #27
Originally posted by Reid:
Seriously, watch this video:

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrkPe-9rM1Q

Even Bush Jr. could get roasted and take a joke, she is possibly the stiffest, coldest person I've seen

Maybe the joke just didn't land for you like it did for me, but her affect in that skit is pretty clearly a deliberate gag.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-09-26, 8:15 AM #28
Less disappointed with a Clinton win.

I have never voted and I am certainly not going to start with this election. I'm super disappointed that the Republican party didn't nip Trump in the bud and equally disappointed hasn't figured out how to deal with him, that the Democratic party is treating Trump and addressing his supporters like they would any other typical political opponent. Trump's support is largely based off an emotional conclusion not a logical one, so when the Clinton campaign airs 'Anti-Trump' ads that feature his own crazy rhetoric like mocking the disabled reporter, threatening to use nukes, ect.. it does nothing to make a Trump supporter doubt their choice.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2016-09-26, 8:44 AM #29
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Maybe the joke just didn't land for you like it did for me, but her affect in that skit is pretty clearly a deliberate gag.

You think so? Maybe you're right, obviously his format is at least partly structured, I just presumed at least the questioning part was not rehearsed but maybe I'm wrong.
2016-09-26, 8:50 AM #30
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:

Just like it is in all the other Between Two Ferns skits.
2016-09-26, 9:00 AM #31
You think so? Maybe you're right, obviously his format is at least partly structured, I just presumed at least the questioning part was not rehearsed but maybe I'm wrong.

Between Two Ferns is fully scripted.
2016-09-26, 9:07 AM #32
Goddammit Reid.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-09-26, 10:09 AM #33
I take back what I said.
2016-09-26, 10:24 AM #34
Never thought I'd be thinking, "Y'know, Romny sounds pretty good right about now."
2016-09-26, 11:06 AM #35
Tbqh I still have no idea what Trump actually wants to do if he gets on office. He's also polling stupidly well right now which makes me nervous
2016-09-26, 11:13 AM #36
Tbqh I still have no idea what Trump actually wants to do if he gets on office.

Make America great again. Duh.
2016-09-26, 3:31 PM #37

:same:
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-09-26, 5:29 PM #38

:-|
2016-09-26, 6:25 PM #39
**** it. Who needs a moderator?

2016-09-26, 6:29 PM #40
The debate is hilarious

↑ Up to the top!