Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Americans free to sue Saudi Arabia
Americans free to sue Saudi Arabia
2016-09-29, 5:20 AM #1
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sept11-saudi-idUSKCN11Y2D1

If it ever comes to a conviction it'll probably never be enforced. But an interesting developement nonetheless.
Perhaps down the line the USA will even start accepting the International Criminal Court in Den Haag. But that's probably just wishful thinking.
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-09-29, 5:24 AM #2
Ha ha ha! What a story, Mark.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-09-29, 11:51 AM #3
Congress demands passage of law that will only cause problems. Shocking development.
>>untie shoes
2016-09-29, 2:58 PM #4
It is cool to see Obama get over-ridden once at least, though. Other than that, I'm not sure how I feel about this. If anyone still watches cable television can you please let us know when the, "Were you or someone you love injured or suffered financial hardship due to the terrorist attacks on 9/11? If so call the law offices of Mack, Farlane, and MacFarlane."
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-09-29, 7:35 PM #5
Looking forward to Iran and Panama suing the CIA.
2016-09-29, 7:38 PM #6
For all the people wondering how you can sue a country, basically all you have to do is read NAFTA and TPP because those treaties are literally for making it possible for businesses and individuals to sue countries.
2016-10-01, 5:32 AM #7
Mitch McConnell wants to know why Obama didn't do something to warn them that it was a terrible law.

Enjoy repealing your own legislation, I guess. Good one, guys.
>>untie shoes
2016-10-01, 11:47 AM #8
Congress tabled the bill. Obama said it was a stupid idea.

Congress voted on the bill. Obama said he would veto it.

Congress passed the bill. Obama vetoed it.

Congress overrode the veto. Obama called them retarded.

Congress complains that Obama didn't tell them how to do their job enough.
2016-10-01, 7:59 PM #9
Why didn't he tell them it was terrible? It's like there should be some sort of process for that.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!