Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you believe in aliens?
Do you believe in aliens?
2016-10-10, 12:35 PM #1
Or rather, do you believe the U.S. Government is aware or in contact with some alien power?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802
Nothing to see here, move along.
2016-10-10, 1:46 PM #2
No. I believe in aliens but not that any government is aware of nor in contact with them. Also, how is the leaked message you linked to relevant to your question? There's nothing relating to aliens, but possible warfare waged in space between our very terrestrial nations.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-10-10, 2:34 PM #3
No, but I'd believe that someone using an AOL email address in the 21st century would have schizophrenia.
2016-10-10, 4:06 PM #4
I believe there is intelligent life on other planets, but I don't believe we've ever made contact with any. Check out Pax Americana. It's a pretty good documentary that tackles the issue of weapons in space (armed satellites for space to surface warfare)
Also, Amon Tobin does the soundtrack, which is enough for me to buy anything*

*See Europa Report
My blawgh.
2016-10-10, 7:16 PM #5
Europa Report sucks real bad. But I can't remember, maybe the music was nice :)
2016-10-10, 9:24 PM #6
Well, we do know that life doesn't just happen. We also know that we're supposedly created in God's image. I doubt that we're the best he could have come up with so there most certainly must be life elsewhere.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-10-10, 11:06 PM #7
If it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space.
>>untie shoes
2016-10-10, 11:51 PM #8
IDK man Hillary seems pretty reptilian to me. The Illuminati secret council is really trying hard to keep Trump from stopping communist Mexicans from fluoridating our water with UFOs the Nazis built to turn frogs gay.
2016-10-10, 11:53 PM #9
chemtrails can't melt steel morgellons
2016-10-11, 12:07 AM #10
I believe in miracles. Where you from, you sexy thing?

Code:
ParseArg(); me.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-10-11, 11:25 AM #11
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Well, we do know that life doesn't just happen.

Yup.
2016-10-11, 11:44 AM #12
Originally posted by Jon`C:
No, but I'd believe that someone using an AOL email address in the 21st century would have schizophrenia.

Well, that's the most accurate statement I've seen all day.
2016-10-11, 11:57 AM #13
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:

*twitch*
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-10-11, 12:55 PM #14
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
*twitch*

what? everyone knows the theory of life arising from the primordial peanut butter is tenuous at best.
2016-10-11, 1:09 PM #15
Quote:
the theory of life arising from the primordial peanut butter is tenuous at best.

Right. And yet, even though the authors of that video would love to take the negative result of this "experiment" outside the jar, we only have to look to Darwin's letter to Hooker to imagine why life tends to come from other life (rather than emerging spontaneously all over again):

Quote:
The chemical conditions for first production of life are said to exist at present, but in some warm little pond today such matter would be absorbed or devoured, which would not have been the case before living creatures were formed.

Of course, a peanut butter jar is probably not one of the better simulations of conditions conducive to the spontaneous emergence of life anyway.

(Further reading.)
2016-10-11, 1:17 PM #16
By the way, for those who DO believe in a creator, you also have to admit that if we substitute the word "alien" for each occurrence of Jehovah in bible, no meaning is lost.
2016-10-11, 3:06 PM #17
Originally posted by saberopus:
what? everyone knows the theory of life arising from the primordial peanut butter is tenuous at best.

I went to a school for nine years where false arguments like this were commonly mentioned.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-10-11, 10:13 PM #18
A nation believing in weak non-scientific-but-presented-as-real metaphors on scientific matters....

... a nation believing in how the banana would further disprove evolution...

... a nation believing in how stacking boxes on top of each other and throwing a plane-like object at them proves that 9/11 was a false flag operation...

... is a nation that would elect Donald Trump for President.

There's still time for him to reach out for the America Inside(tm) every American. He can win.

He will win.

He must win.

I will have my 4-year Christmas.

I WILL HAVE MY 8-YEAR-LONG CHRISTMAS!

#MakeAmericaFGREATagain
2016-10-11, 10:24 PM #19
Quote:
stacking boxes on top of each other and throwing a plane-like object at them proves that 9/11 was a false flag operation

Wait, what? Please, please tell me you just made this up.
2016-10-11, 10:29 PM #20
Huh, seems like I remembered the plane part wrong.

Originally posted by TVTropes:
9/11 Conspiracy Theorist Richard Gage once had a demonstration as to why the Twin Towers would not collapse. He took two boxes representing the "top block" of the Towers and the bottom block. He then dropped the upper block on the bottom, to simulate the building failing in the impact zone due to fire and impact, and the top portion falling on the lower, collapsing it. Since his model did not collapse, he asserts, it meant the Towers would not have collapsed. Some "debunkers" calculated that the model he used, being a few feet tall, would be something like thousands of times proportionately stronger than the 1000+ ft. Towers, especially once you take into account that the model was made of cardboard. Curiously enough, Gage and his organizations largely act like the video doesn't exist. He resurrected the argument in the wake of the blacksmith rebuttal clip that made the rounds in 2016, though.

poot

#FGRMakesUpPlanesThusEvolutionIsFalse
#MakeAmericaFGREATagain
2016-10-11, 11:02 PM #21
This Richard Gage guy is an experienced architect, so I'm going to guess that he's a con artist who uses truthers for their money.
2016-10-11, 11:15 PM #22
Guess who's also experienced and conning people for their money? Donald Trump. The businesses he has manned? Exceptional.

The Daddy Trump's money he has put forward into 'successful' business ventures?

There has never been a more successful business venture than the United States of America.

There's still time for him to reach out for the America Inside(tm) every American. He can win.

He will win.

He must win.

#MakeAmericaFGREATagain
2016-10-12, 1:44 AM #23
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Guess who's also experienced and conning people for their money? Donald Trump. The businesses he has manned? Exceptional.

The Daddy Trump's money he has put forward into 'successful' business ventures?

There has never been a more successful business venture than the United States of America.

He will win.

He must win.

#MakeAmericaFGREATagain

I support this.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-10-13, 6:47 PM #24
Statistically, I certainly believe that it's highly probable that other intelligent, humanoid-like societies can exist. We are learning that most stars have planets and of the ones that do, most probably have at least one planet that is capable of supporting life. We are also finding life in places where we wouldn't expect to find it. As Jeff Goldblum's character said in Jurassic Park, "life, uh... finds a way".

I think the real question is, do you believe that intelligent, humanoid-like societies exist now. Further, do they exist within a proximity that would make contact likely. Unfortunately, those two additional variables extremely constrict that possibility. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it makes it statistically significantly less probable.

For example, one unfortunate possibility is that (because we are actually very late on the 'intelligent, humanoid-like' scene), the other highly developed life annihilated each other over scarce resources 100's of millions of years ago.
2016-10-16, 9:33 PM #25
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
By the way, for those who DO believe in a creator, you also have to admit that if we substitute the word "alien" for each occurrence of Jehovah in bible, no meaning is lost.

What? That is certainly not the case. God isn't a "powerful being". He is the first mover, the origin of all other reality. A really powerful organism wouldn't get to define morality, for example. It would make the Bible basically meaningless for all sorts of reasons.
2016-10-16, 11:24 PM #26
bringin' back relizos discussioñ foe-rum twennysexteen style yo
2016-10-17, 3:52 PM #27
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
What? That is certainly not the case. God isn't a "powerful being". He is the first mover, the origin of all other reality. A really powerful organism wouldn't get to define morality, for example. It would make the Bible basically meaningless for all sorts of reasons.

Ancient Alien Theory is an interesting topic. I don't really buy into it, but the theorists behind it are able to make some very interesting "theoretical" connections between early civilizations and the deities (aliens) that they worshiped. This was pretty much the basis for the Stargate franchise.

↑ Up to the top!