Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Unofficial Massassi US Presidential Poll
Unofficial Massassi US Presidential Poll
2016-10-18, 8:57 PM #1
While I understand we have quite a few members that are not eligible to vote in the 2016 US Presidential election, I'm still curious of what the political landscape of the Massassi community is considering the broader political options. While all votes are anonymous, feel free to disclose your vote below along with your justification.
2016-10-18, 9:09 PM #2
Donald Trump is Love.

Donald Trump is Life.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrburger.png]
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/burgernyum.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-10-18, 9:17 PM #3
I voted Jill Stein because I'm voting left third party, but if I was in a swing state then I'd vote Hillary.
2016-10-19, 4:31 AM #4
If I was forced to the polls, I'll take the third ballot option which is to commit suicide
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-10-19, 7:13 AM #5
Originally posted by Reid:
I voted Jill Stein because I'm voting left third party, but if I was in a swing state then I'd vote Hillary.

Hillary and Trump aren't bad enough for you then? Stein's platform page reads like a satire of scientifically illiterate left wing hippie wishful thinking. I think she's actually dumber than Trump.
2016-10-19, 7:37 AM #6
Uh I'm not voting Stein in the actual election
2016-10-19, 8:01 AM #7
You're missing the best candidate on your poll
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-10-19, 9:38 AM #8
Ron Paul 2017
2016-10-19, 10:45 AM #9
Uh I'm not voting Stein in the actual election

Oh, I see what you mean.
2016-10-19, 11:09 AM #10
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Donald Trump is Love.

Donald Trump is Life.

And always remember, we've all got a bit of FGR in us.
2016-10-19, 1:14 PM #11
Need "not voting, election is rigged" option.
2016-10-19, 2:50 PM #12
For the purposes of this poll, I'm asking that people choose who they would vote for, solely based on who they think is the best for the job while considering their campaign platform. Factors such as 2-party voting bias (ie, my vote won't count if cast for a 3rd party candidate) and election fraud should not be considered when voting in this pole.
2016-10-19, 3:02 PM #13
Wait, where was the option for the pole because no matter who wins that's what we're getting.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-10-19, 3:06 PM #14
Stop saying pole!!!!
2016-10-19, 3:10 PM #15
Originally posted by Brian:

It's pronounced "first past the post".
2016-10-19, 6:54 PM #16

You have to vote, because if you don't, they'll never notice that someone voted with your name.
2016-10-19, 7:18 PM #17
But this poll is rigged tho since FGR and Kroko are the same person. Why will one Finn's vote count twice???
2016-10-19, 7:24 PM #18
I voted for Donald Trump because I felt sorry for him.
2016-10-19, 10:15 PM #19
write in vote for ken bone
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2016-10-20, 4:11 AM #20
Oh yeah there was a debate last night.

How was it?
2016-10-20, 6:28 AM #21
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
But this poll is rigged tho since FGR and Kroko are the same person. Why will one Finn's vote count twice???

It's time to make F = m*v again.
2016-10-20, 7:18 AM #22
I like how the pole results form a big middle finger at the moment.
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-10-20, 9:35 AM #23
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Oh yeah there was a debate last night.

How was it?

Donald Trump did pretty well. Other than saying he doesn't believe in democracy, and his closing statement that said Clinton would mean another 4 years of a popular president.
2016-10-20, 9:45 AM #24
Um wut? He's got the lowest average approval rating since Carter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating
2016-10-20, 10:03 AM #25
Um wut? He's got the lowest average approval rating since Carter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Obama is better liked than either Clinton or Trump. So effectively what he said was "Clinton isn't as bad as you think she is"
2016-10-20, 10:36 AM #26
Trump overestimates just how large the idiot white vote actually is. He really thinks he can win with the no gun control, anti abortion rhetoric alone.
2016-10-20, 10:47 AM #27
just how large the idiot white vote actually is

I still have faith in the large idiot white vote. I believe in America.

Donald Trump is Love.

Donald Trump is Life.

2016-10-20, 10:57 AM #28
I'm looking forward to more of your campaign advertisements, they are hilarious.
2016-10-20, 12:37 PM #29
I'm assuming the "doesn't believe in democracy" comment is in regards to Trump refusing to pledge to accept the results of the election. While I'm not saying I agree with him at all there was a previous loser that decided to challenge election results, and that person was a Democrat. So if Gore can demand hand recounts and challenge election results when he felt votes were not counted fairly, why not allow current candidates the same courtesy?

I'm so sick of the **** like this where people are ok with something as long as it benefits them or their party but totally against it if it benefits the other guy or the other party.
2016-10-20, 1:29 PM #30
I'm assuming the "doesn't believe in democracy" comment is in regards to Trump refusing to pledge to accept the results of the election. While I'm not saying I agree with him at all there was a previous loser that decided to challenge election results, and that person was a Democrat. So if Gore can demand hand recounts and challenge election results when he felt votes were not counted fairly, why not allow current candidates the same courtesy?

I'm so sick of the **** like this where people are ok with something as long as it benefits them or their party but totally against it if it benefits the other guy or the other party.

Gore won the popular vote and asked for a recount in one state which he lost by an incredibly tiny margin. Trump appears to be losing badly across the board and is questioning the validity of the national election. I don't know if they're that directly comparable.
2016-10-20, 2:10 PM #31
The question was whether he would accept the results of the election. The results of the election aren't in yet. The election isn't until next month. We won't know how comparable the situations are until after the election; when we both find out who won and whether Trump or anyone else will challenge the results. My point is that people are morons for being pissed at Trump about this issue when they supported Gore for challenging the results of one of our previous elections.
2016-10-20, 2:20 PM #32
I know, I'm saying it's two very different situations, party affiliation aside, so people aren't morons for responding to them differently.

If you wanted to say people who claimed the Democratic primary was rigged against Bernie Sanders and are pissed at Trump for saying the same thing are morons, I'd agree.
2016-10-20, 2:21 PM #33
This isn't even all of the candidates. Poll is rigged.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2016-10-20, 2:30 PM #34

There is a difference between asking for a recount to rule out error in a close contest, and insisting that the election is rigged against you and therefore your loss is illegitimate. One is normal and happens frequently in all democracies. The other is sedition.

US general election polling, for the record, is highly accurate among other western democracies. That suggests there is very little electoral fraud in US general elections compared to most countries. There is some evidence for fraud/suppression in the DNC primaries - maybe that's what you meant when you said the vote was rigged - but historically the effect has not been significant in the actual election.

Edit: By the way, since you've forgotten, I'm also Canadian. Trump has promised to abolish NAFTA, a treaty which has made Canada the most sued country on Earth, and which the United States routinely violates to their own benefit. So of the two candidates, I would frankly prefer that you elect Trump.
2016-10-20, 2:33 PM #35
I think people are morons for asking him what he'll do given that he doesn't have all the information (and it's not possible to have all the information until after the election is over!). He doesn't know if the vote will be that close in Florida again or if he'll have the right to request a recount in any situation. Neither does Hillary. And she's stupid for saying she will accept the results when we all know she'll act just like Gore did if that situation repeats itself (and I wouldn't blame her, except that now she promised she wouldn't). People are morons for asking a stupid question and then getting all outraged when they don't get the answer they want.

A better question would be whether the candidates will accept the results after any lawful, legal challenges are resolved by the courts (possibly the supreme court). If he still refuses then rage all you want and I won't say **** about it because I'll agree with you.

It doesn't mean things aren't rigged, though. The court judges are appointed or elected by people who are appointing and electing those that generally share their biases and opinions. Whether the supreme court sides with your opinion is determined by who was able to stack the courts over the past number of years. It's the way things are and the best we can hope for at this point. The system is definitely rigged; but who it's rigged for and against is debatable. Go to Texas, it's rigged against the democrats. Go to Washington, it's rigged against the republicans.
2016-10-20, 2:39 PM #36
Accepting the results does not mean you won't pursue all legal avenues to avoid error. It only means that you will ultimately concede to the winner, as opposed to telling your insane acolytes to violently overthrow the legitimate elected government.
2016-10-20, 2:44 PM #37
Well cool; I think they should re-ask him the question with the qualification, "after pursuing all legal avenues to avoid error" and see what he says.
2016-10-20, 2:48 PM #38
He has repeatedly said the general election is rigged against him, and that the primary was rigged against him. He has already had the opportunity to express his opinion about the subject and has declined the opportunity to clarify or correct himself. He clearly intends to state that any result other than a Trump victory is illegitimate.
2016-10-20, 3:01 PM #39
I mean, let me be clear about this. You normally do not need to ask candidates whether they will consider their own defeat legitimate. The only reason this is a debate question is because Trump has insisted previously that it will not be.

For example, he has said that the only way he will lose Pennsylvania is by cheating. Clinton is well ahead of Trump in all PA polls, between 4 and 10 percent. What will Trump supporters think when he loses, though? He's already said that he's going to, and only because of fraud. Republican voters are going to be angry and they will believe that the election was stolen from them. Saying **** like this legitimizes fringe opinions and deeply divides the country.
2016-10-20, 3:59 PM #40
News flash: country is already divided.

↑ Up to the top!