Thread: The Last FGR Project

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

The Last FGR Project

Last edited by Nikumubeki; 07-29-2017 at 02:01 AM.

That's a long script.

Have you seen this? https://www.unrealengine.com/
    And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    That's a long script.

Have you seen this? https://www.unrealengine.com/
    I endorse this

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    thirded

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

I toyed/considered/verbed this idea in this post.

Couldn't find any direct "SINGLE PLAYER FPS" blueprints from UnrealEngine.com, tho'. I must research diz matt'r moar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    I toyed/considered/verbed this idea in this post.

Couldn't find any direct "SINGLE PLAYER FPS" blueprints from UnrealEngine.com, tho'. I must research diz matt'r moar.
    There's a couple of good FPS templates, but if you were able to mash them up with one of the AI blueprints and get a handle on level streaming, I think you'd be well on your way.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Yeah, I've looked at the Generic Shooter blueprint before, didn't see that AI blueprint one tho', thanks for that!

It really is interesting how many details you have to acquire separately (with no clear indication on how well they'll work with other blueprints et al). Like, you'd have to get the animations and game mechanics separately for "SHOOT BEHIND COVER, WOO" scenarios, and just getting weapons isn't enough because you need to get projectiles (and in many cases, animations) separately etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    Yeah, I've looked at the Generic Shooter blueprint before, didn't see that AI blueprint one tho', thanks for that!

It really is interesting how many details you have to acquire separately (with no clear indication on how well they'll work with other blueprints et al). Like, you'd have to get the animations and game mechanics separately for "SHOOT BEHIND COVER, WOO" scenarios, and just getting weapons isn't enough because you need to get projectiles (and in many cases, animations) separately etc.
    Yeah, I'm honestly surprised the store's gone so long without a FPS+AI package, and the AI stuff that's up there is all pretty recent.

That said, it's worth diving all the way into Blueprint--it's all pretty easy to pick up and once you're familiar with the basics it shouldn't be too hard to hook different ones together.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Yeah, I'm thinking of buying some level and weapon assets, putting them in the Generic FPS base, adding in some of those AI enemies and seeing where I can go from there. And if I won't, well, at least I tried.

Thanks for the helps.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

... or rather, I would get those if I had the suitable character models as well. Most of the ones on UnrealEngine.com seem to be for COD-a-likes and orc RPGs.

Alternatively, I could revive Krokonism.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Honest to Bog, I got closest to actually buying these UE4 assets yesterday (as in, I had already clicked "buy" on one of the setpieces).

Hell, I just have to forget about the FPS and go with a side-scroller instead, because it has a pretty damn awesome blueprint system already available (with da TAKING COVER and everything):
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

But... there still aren't any proper character models in there. Unless I wanted to make a swords & orcs type of a fantasy thing, which I don't.

ALL THIS OUTRAGES ME.

(Then again, even if I had bought them yesterday, I'd have paid too much for some o' them because apparently a lot of assets are on sale today. Boh!)
    Last edited by Nikumubeki; 11-28-2016 at 02:20 AM.

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Last edited by Nikumubeki; 07-29-2017 at 02:02 AM.