Thread: Holonet never had netsplits

Holonet never had netsplits

Except for one.

The one that killed it.

RIP Holonet.

And for the record, the pre-Holonet server for #massassi, chatcircuit, still exists and trying to join #massassi is VERBOTEN!

Share your favorite Holonet memory or whatever.

I am still somewhat fond of that one time in 2002 when kak (I think) changed his nick to FastGamerrr and a bunch of other people started changing their nicks to FastGamerrrr and so on.

I googled "netsplit" and I still don't understand what it is.

An ice-cream dish looking like a spider's web.
    Sorry for the lousy German

A netsplit is a very special moment in local IRC-space-time, in which a subset of the channel get to all discuss what they really think of FGR. :-P

A "netsplit" is when an inter-server connection in a multi-server IRC network breaks. The result, inside of an IRC channel, is that a bunch of nicks suddenly disconnect at once, usually to all reconnect at once shortly afterwards.
    And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

Simply put: a netsplit happens when a server is disconnected from the main hub.

Holonet had only one server, thus there were no netsplits, just occasional server crashes (and I can only remember one such instance during my Holonet years of 2002-2006 or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    And for the record, the pre-Holonet server for #massassi, chatcircuit, still exists and trying to join #massassi is [I][B]VERBOTEN!
    Huh. Literally verboten. Auto kban. Neat.
    -=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
    1337Yectiwan
    The OSC Empire
    10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On