Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → X-Wing with Unity engine
X-Wing with Unity engine
2016-12-30, 3:27 AM #1
Some people made a "mod" of X-Wing to run it with the Unity engine. I'd rather call it a runtime, like the ScummVM.
I've been struggling to get X-Wing and TIE Fighter (and XWA) to run in Windows 7. I've had much better luck running them in Linux.

But this project looks really cool. Hopefully it won't die.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-12-30, 12:34 PM #2
Never played more than 5 minutes of X-Wing (did play through TIE Fighter and its add-on(s?), though), but this is quite cool. One of the better Unity Engine games.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-12-30, 12:48 PM #3
Looks nice! From the video, it seems like it would feel close enough to the original to avoid that uncanny valley of nostolgia-killing bastardization.
2016-12-30, 1:33 PM #4
Had to do some digging to find this post from a couple years ago. Still plan on actually investigating this stuff at some point.

Originally posted by Wookie06:
These links are from an old post of mine at the XWAU Forum. I haven't reviewed them before linking to them here but I see the second one has been updated since this latest GOG release.

Play X-Wing with upgraded graphics. Trust us: you should

Star Wars X-Wing Series
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-01-01, 1:39 PM #5
This looks incredible. I hope this is something that can be finished, and not abandoned like 95% of these projects.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2017-01-02, 1:55 AM #6
Apparently it's been in the works since late 2014: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_xwing_and_tie_fighter_series/xwvm_any_interest/page1
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!