Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What should I have for dinner? What are YOU having for dinner?
What should I have for dinner? What are YOU having for dinner?
2017-01-01, 3:11 PM #1
Pretty self explanatory: I'm hungry, and need your help.

Requirements:
-It must be easy to prepare because I am lazy, impatient, and also a little drunk

My options:
-Near by there is a Safeway, a Subway, a Vietnamese noodle place, and that's pretty much it in walking distance.

Also: What are you eating tonight? Can I have a bite?
2017-01-01, 3:14 PM #2
I'm thinking either pho noodles or frozen pizza or maybe even some other thing.
2017-01-01, 3:17 PM #3
I have a couple steaks defrosting on the counter. I usually just pour a little whiskey on them and some of that premixed steak seasoning. Some ******* drank all my whiskey so I might have to use some rum tonight if he doesn't get to that first. Lately, I've really not liked the seasoning I've been using. It just seems to salty to me. Conversely, my wife does like them that way. One of these days I've going to mix up my own. Anyway, if you have a grill, grill up some meat with a salad. It doesn't get too much easier than that.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-01-01, 3:18 PM #4
There's no pho-king option here, assuming the pho is good quality.
2017-01-01, 3:19 PM #5
Definitely no pho-king going on around here right now.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-01-01, 3:20 PM #6
Grilling requires, like, charcoal and lighter fluid and time and meat, plus everything outside is wet because it's been raining since Christmas.

Noodles it is. I'll live-post my noodle-eating experience.
2017-01-01, 3:24 PM #7
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Definitely no pho-king going on around here right now.

No Vietnamese people in Tennessee? Earnest question

Originally posted by Vin:
Grilling requires, like, charcoal and lighter fluid and time and meat, plus everything outside is wet because it's been raining since Christmas.

Noodles it is. I'll live-post my noodle-eating experience.

I'm looking forward to the review
2017-01-01, 3:27 PM #8
Originally posted by Reid:
No Vietnamese people in Tennessee? Earnest question

Well, sure, but it would require me to go to a Vietnamese restaurant and I ain't going nowhere tonight!

2017-01-01, 3:29 PM #9
Originally posted by Vin:

Well, you did mention a grocery store so I inferred that you might be thinking about picking something up to fix. My unfreezing process is coming along. I'm waiting until my wife comes home to start anyway. Good luck with the noodles and looking forward to the live-post!

2017-01-01, 3:50 PM #10
When you order this dish (the #24, I forgot what it's called) they give you a wide styrofoam cup full of hot both, and a stryfoam container thing full of the meat, noodles, bean sprouts, some onions and herbs and things. Usually they have a little container of hoisin sauce and one with some chili sauce thing, but they forgot it this time.

I put some broth in a big bowl and now I'm adding the meats and stuff. I'll let you know what happens next.
2017-01-01, 3:54 PM #11
Now I am eating it. With my mouth.
2017-01-01, 4:01 PM #12
It is amazing. The broth is full of flavor, and the noodles are soft and lovely. The meat is tender, and the jalapenos are like gentle kicks my taste-buds' groins, slightly painful but just as tantalizing. I love the wet crunch of the bean sprouts.
2017-01-01, 4:20 PM #13
I'm suddenly sad. I'm going to go watch every episode of Will and Grace with Debbie Reynolds in it.
2017-01-01, 5:09 PM #14
This has been a real nail-biter!

2017-01-02, 2:05 AM #15
For the next time, if you want to eat something that looks fancy, but is actually quite easy to prepare, get some
* frozen salmon filet
* frozen leaf spinach
* cream
* tagliatelle
* a little bit whole green pepper

Cook the salmon in the microwave oven (don't look at me like that, just do it!). Meanwhile cook the noodles. If you have enough pots cook the spinach as well (without water, it's wet enough on its own), otherwise cook the spinach after you're done with the noodles. Throw everything into the same pot as the spinach. The salmon should split on its own into smaller chunks when you stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Get your most fancy plate and cover it in delicious food.
Sorry for the lousy German
2017-01-02, 2:14 AM #16
Oh, and for lunch I'm eating yesterday's self-made spƤtzle (south-German noodles) with lentil stew and sausages.
Sorry for the lousy German
2017-01-02, 8:54 AM #17
That was an engaging read, I was really not expecting the plot twist at the end, surprise sadness is a real nailbiter. 9/10 would read again.
2017-01-02, 8:55 AM #18
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Well, sure, but it would require me to go to a Vietnamese restaurant and I ain't going nowhere tonight!

Sounds like you had a cozy night
2017-01-02, 9:59 AM #19
Not really. I slept in after New Years and felt great but then I effed it up by staying up 'til three last night.

2017-01-02, 5:36 PM #20
You can combine mushrooms with pasta for a simple, quick meal! I did!

You can add meth in too if you want for old times' sake! :v: (but don't)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-01-02, 6:57 PM #21
Meth tastes pretty bad.
2017-02-21, 10:02 AM #22
I think it's my greatest achievement to date that a review of my Deus Ex mod about ham sandwiches features a photo of a ham sandwich.

https://brandonchovey.net/2017/02/21/deusex-nihilum-a-wonderful-companion-campaign-to-deusexthe-conspiracy/
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!