Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cancelled Darth Maul game artwork
Cancelled Darth Maul game artwork
2017-01-17, 10:40 AM #1
http://www.darkhorizons.com/cancelled-darth-maul-game-artwork/

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wzwk2

I thought some of this was cool. I'm actually not generally interested in character art; more interested in the environments, but I liked the set labelled "bounty hunter sketches" in particular; they look really old-school star warsy.
2017-01-17, 11:31 AM #2
Darth Maul's looking pretty damn hot for having been chopped in half 60 years earlier.
2017-01-17, 11:40 AM #3
Man, Pastmubeki would have really wanted those Coruscant ads for TODOA.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-01-17, 6:41 PM #4
Originally posted by Brian:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/cancelled-darth-maul-game-artwork/

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wzwk2

I thought some of this was cool. I'm actually not generally interested in character art; more interested in the environments, but I liked the set labelled "bounty hunter sketches" in particular; they look really old-school star warsy.

Agreed, the aesthetics in the area of Firefly; older SW, especially the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Nar Shadaa levels; and Starcraft 1 have always appealed to me. Never liked the hyperclean, Coruscant aesthetic.
2017-01-18, 11:53 AM #5
Still waiting for Sine's Nar Shadaa

Anyone have the screenshots of that saved btw? Or are they lost to time like my JO map contest entry :v
2017-01-19, 5:32 AM #6
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1197049']Still waiting for Sine's Nar Shadaa

Anyone have the screenshots of that saved btw? Or are they lost to time like my JO map contest entry :v

He also had a Nar Shadaa duel map made for the (first?) contest you entered with your map. It was small but kinda captured that Nar feel. Impossible to find now, too.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-01-19, 9:22 AM #7
I agree, the updated Stormtrooper and the bounty hunter sketches immediately took me back to the old days. Pauldrons, pockets and kneepads.

Two double bladed sabers though come on.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2017-01-19, 10:01 AM #8
Also something I don't get: why is it that some dancers and a singer in some sleazy hideout on a backwater planet like tatooine are somehow like now the universally accepted sign of beauty or whatever in the star wars universe? Similar with the band that was playing. Now they are universally popular such that there are posters or advertisements in places like Coruscant?

2017-01-19, 10:48 AM #9
Yeah, same thing with Tatooine supposedly being remote and not important at all. Except important family member of a galactic tribe Jaba and the son of the clone army's original copy lived there, so did Space-Jesus, and the musicians/performers you mentioned. For all of the things we lost with the expanded universe being made legends, I think we preserved some of the fidelity of the OT.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2017-01-19, 11:15 AM #10
45% of Star Wars spinoff material is produced by lazy hacks. Another 45% is created by people who felt beholden to (or were otherwise forced to align with) some weird Star Wars Tropes Bible which includes the preeminence of Tatooine, Max Rebo Band, "I have a bad feeling about this/never tell me the odds," etc.

The 10% of it that's great still has some of that stuff, but it rises above.
2017-01-19, 1:25 PM #11
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
He also had a Nar Shadaa duel map made for the (first?) contest you entered with your map. It was small but kinda captured that Nar feel. Impossible to find now, too.

I remember that! Rgoer's map was really fantastic too. And that guy who had the nice textures.

I lost the Raven Software shirt I won in that contest :(
2017-01-20, 7:18 AM #12
man and I wanted to play as darth mole
2017-01-21, 9:31 PM #13
Star Wars: Noun of the Pronoun
2017-01-29, 2:32 AM #14
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1197049']Still waiting for Sine's Nar Shadaa

BLAM!

[Unable to find specified attachment]

So if you're still lurking around, Tracer, I should have looked harder back then. Sorry!

All of them can be snatched here. For now. I'm probably gonna remove the file tomorrow or in 2 days or something.

( Also, way to not release that project (even in unfinished stage) despite your many backups, Zell! .V. )
2017-01-29, 6:08 PM #15
Makes me cry :(
2017-02-02, 2:00 PM #16
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
All of them can be snatched here. For now. I'm probably gonna remove the file tomorrow or in 2 days or something.

That'll teach me to not log onto massassi every day:saddowns:
2017-02-07, 2:52 AM #17
Some more artwork of cancelled Star Wars games: http://www.gamezone.com/news/concept-art-of-bizarre-untitled-dead-space-like-star-wars-game-surfaces-online-3450442
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!