Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347
Results 13,841 to 13,859 of 13859

Thread: Inauguration Day, Inauguration Hooooooraaay!

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think trump is human garbage, but if you throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick. I think we should put every president under such scrutiny, not just the unpopular/republican ones.
    What makes you think you don’t?

Throwing mud at Trump to muddy his image is like trying to dirty a mountain of ****.

At any rate, why wouldn't Trump be prone to worry about this kind of thing? He's known to be restless and mistrusting, with or without cause (Edit: and, you know, he probably knows he's massively guilty of something, like a lot of people who move around the kind of money he does). After all, he is massively insecure and is constantly obsessing over his public image, so paranoia doesn't strike me as too surprising.

Edit: also, lol, why wouldn't people close to Trump sell him out. There's no way anybody who is that close to the man has enough respect for him to honor private confidence except for purely selfish reasons. I mean, look no further at the flipping of Michael Cohen.
    Last edited by Reverend Jones; 03-22-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Admiral of Awesome
    Your president is a 1970s Manhattan man-whore who pals around with child sex traffickers and made his name in international luxury real estate, which has always been industrialized money laundering for dictators.

But yeah it’s definitely a conspiracy that the media finds so much **** on Trump, but couldn’t find anything about a college professor from Chicago, or even an alcoholic businessman from Texas. Soooo weird.

Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    Your president
    #notmypresident

Looks like the investigation is complete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22dc-barr-letter-superJumbo (1).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	28381

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/2213214002/

#notmypresident
    You can probably remove the hash tag since he's Canadian...

for colluding with Russia, haven't you been watching the news for the last two years
    I know about that but I'm under the impression it's still in the realm of a conspiracy theory. Is Mueller close to wrapping up his investigation?

Sorry, didn't realize there were more posts.

"I'm the best at not committing crimes. The best. No one is more innocent than me. I'm the most innocent. Everyone knows it."
    -Donald Trump probably

As someone from a Latin American country, I actually like that Trump is, intentionally or not, weaking the US's grasp on the world. I cannot, however, imagine how anyone with a brain could fail so hardly in leading the world's most influent country. I also like what he's doing with the DPRK (could be much better) but hate what he's doing in Venezuela, but again, I believe both are due to his sheer stupidity. I feel like the Trump administration figured out there was no way they could still take on the DPRK militarily, so they moved their target to Venezuela.

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by SMLiberator View Post
    As someone from a Latin American country, I actually like that Trump is, intentionally or not, weaking the US's grasp on the world. I cannot, however, imagine how anyone with a brain could fail so hardly in leading the world's most influent country. I also like what he's doing with the DPRK (could be much better) but hate what he's doing in Venezuela, but again, I believe both are due to his sheer stupidity. I feel like the Trump administration figured out there was no way they could still take on the DPRK militarily, so they moved their target to Venezuela.
    Venezuela was already under attack by the US years before Trump took office. I don’t think there’s anything in North Korea that an American oligarch would like to own and collect rent from, which is really the issue for them. Americans can’t tolerate a country where their rich people aren’t allowed to “invest”.

Other than the fact that Trump says the part he’s not supposed to say, he hasn’t done anything that a different Republican President wouldn’t do.

Venezuela was already under attack by the US years before Trump took office.
    True, but it has definitely intensified more recently. Maybe it was just a timing issue, I doubt it would be very different under Bernie or Hillary (especially Hillary).

I don’t think there’s anything in North Korea that an American oligarch would like to own and collect rent from, which is really the issue for them. Americans can’t tolerate a country where their rich people aren’t allowed to “invest”.
    Maybe cheap labor or just new markets, plus it's strategically interesting as if the US took over the DPRK they'd be able to build bases literally bordering China and Russia.

Americans can’t tolerate a country where their rich people aren’t allowed to “invest”.
    no, no, they're spreading freedom around the globe

Admiral of Awesome
    When American elites and intelligentsia talk about “spreading freedom” they are talking about their own freedom to exploit people and resources. Americans are literally the only people in the world who haven’t figured this out.

Man, just like David Frum warned about at least two years, Congress should not abdicate its role in conducting its own independent investigation of Trump, and now everybody is pointing fingers because there haven't been any new indictments in the final report of the Special Council. According to Frum (2017), an independent commission would have presented a better opportunity to investigate the 2016 election in order to resolve questions about the truth of the matter, rather than narrower, legal questions of wrongdoing, as the Special Council has done. And now, in the court of public opinion, people seem to be tepidly exonerating Trump and excoriating Democrats, a reaction that somewhat baffles me (and others).

yo, why is it that so many American high school students apparently have such abundant access to firearms? Does every family in Florida have an child-accessible family gun or something? These are likely preventable suicides that our gun culture is to blame for.

Admiral of Awesome
    I mean, the founding fathers begrudgingly implemented a minimal, managed democracy as the only way to protect the interests of land owners, because kings will take your **** if they want it, and the public might vote to take your **** if they need it. Universal suffrage was never intended and frankly doesn’t even work with the US system.

Americans have just never been all that big on democracy. But you’re taught in grade school that you invented it, so I guess that’s what happened.

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Jones View Post
    yo, why is it that so many American high school students apparently have such abundant access to firearms? Does every family in Florida have an child-accessible family gun or something? These are likely preventable suicides that our gun culture is to blame for.
    Sounds to me like happy customers.

Admiral of Awesome
    It’s true that the majority of firearms expenditures are made by an extreme minority of enthusiasts and aspiring right-wing domestic terrorists, but the industry would be irresponsible to ignore the needs of the long tail of one-time gun purchasers, like murderers and the suicidal.