Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 3,201 to 3,217 of 3217

Thread: Inauguration Day, Inauguration Hooooooraaay!

  1. #3201
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    So my days of having no stable internet connection and generally not having any pressing business to attend I've stumbled my way onto potentially the worst/most hilarious corner of Reddit. It's called enough_sanders_spam and it's like a hive of the worst/funniest Clinton supporters. Check this out:



    On voters:


    Half of their time is spent linking Tweets that they like too. It's too good to be true.
    I think you'd fit right in on r/incels.
    TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

  2. #3202
    At the risk of drawing attention to my own insufferabe babble, that's pretty ****ing rude.

  3. #3203
    I gotta confess, though, who the **** cares about a subreddit like enoughsandersspam

    The layers of irrelevence boggle the mind

  4. #3204
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Spruce View Post
    I think you'd fit right in on r/incels.
    T R I G G E R E D

    R

    I

    G

    E

    R

    E

    D

    D

    D
    sniff

  5. #3205
    ^^vv<><>BASTART
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Spruce View Post
    I think you'd fit right in on r/incels.
    Yes, daily user here, PM me at /u/daterapeisntreal and let's discuss how women are all awful whores. Shoutout to my buds /u/miscegenationismisandry and /u/bush911staywoke.

  6. #3206
    Did you type that with your keyboard upside down?

  7. #3207
    Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I guess I presumed it would be funded by a tax increase. Maybe even a progressive one. I don't know why exactly.
    I actually can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not.

  8. #3208
    ^^vv<><>BASTART
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokodile View Post
    I actually can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not.
    I wasn't. Sanders was the first to promote a 1 trillion infrastructure deal in 2015 from what I can tell. Then with Clinton losing, Democrat rhetoric turning against the Clinton campaign, Nate Silver claiming Sanders looks strong as a 2020 contender, and Ossoff's defeat, I was thinking it might be that liberals were bending the knee towards Sanders' positions. Which would involve more social democratic policy.

    I didn't know Trump's figure was 1 trillion and in retrospect this looks more like a pissing match than the Democrats aligning behind anything meaningful.

  9. #3209
    Check this **** out

    https://news.vice.com/story/trump-te...acare-is-death

    did we talk about that yet?

    also those eyebrows
    Last edited by Spook; 07-24-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    sniff

  10. #3210
    So at least one kid who is covered because of Obamacare can ask their pediatrician if they are gonna kill them.

  11. #3211
    Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I wasn't. Sanders was the first to promote a 1 trillion infrastructure deal in 2015 from what I can tell. Then with Clinton losing, Democrat rhetoric turning against the Clinton campaign, Nate Silver claiming Sanders looks strong as a 2020 contender, and Ossoff's defeat, I was thinking it might be that liberals were bending the knee towards Sanders' positions. Which would involve more social democratic policy.

    I didn't know Trump's figure was 1 trillion and in retrospect this looks more like a pissing match than the Democrats aligning behind anything meaningful.
    Alright, cool.

    Also, I'm a huge Sanders fan, but 2020 and the guy is 78, which is what Trump would be at the end of a second term. I know some people live to be over a hundred, but Sanders 2020 sounds like a pipe dream to me. If he actually were to run, though, I guess you'd have to take an especially close look at the potential VP on that ticket.

  12. #3212
    If you turn this on its head and see it as an opportunity, this would be the perfect chance to sneak in Al Franken as a VP payload in a Sanders ticket. The GOP's worst nightmare, muahahahaha!

  13. #3213
    It's going to be Warren. Come on.

    .
    .
    .

    (...please, please, please...)

  14. #3214
    So while I am not going to commit to reading 80 pages, my quick thoughts as a Russian / European on the subject:

    1) I believe American democracy has failed. Hillary and Trump as the only choices indicate the start of the collapse.
    2) I am very concerned Mr. Trump is going to start a war just to stay in power. And there might be no recovering from it.
    3) I am also concerned with the whole animosity towards Russia. We will probably be on very different sides of the debate (I support the repatriation of Crimea after what happened in Ukraine, and I blame U.S. foreign policy on the 10,000 people who died fighting a civil war there at least as much as I blame Putin, if not more), but what the U.S. media does (CNN especially) in making Russia "the enemy" is very dangerous I think because what you'll have is a deterioration in bilateral relations potentially to the point of no return simply because of internal power struggles in the US.
    4) That said, I'm no fan of Trump's healthcare reform (or DEform more like), mainly because it will leave tons of self-employed people (artists, writers) without a health care plan, apparently.
    5) I am not going to argue about point 3 as nobody's going to come out the winner.

    I'd also like to add that while I've never been to the States, I've nothing against the people or the culture, just the politics, mostly. Like Elon Musk said, U.S. is the country where the sense of adventure and exploration were distilled, and I really hope your country is going to get out of this crisis that you apparently seem to be in because you have some of the hardest-working and talented folks on the planet.
    Last edited by Koobie; 07-25-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    formerly [D6]Koobie
    the one and only

  15. #3215
    So in the spirit of being constructive, I think we need to design a system that works better than the current version of democracy that we've got (mainly: if you've money and power, you can rule the world). I'm not saying I think dictatorships or totalitarian pseudo-democracies are better, but surely there must be a solution that we as humans can come up with before it's too late.

    For example: no automatic citizenship, everyone has to earn it for the right to vote (like Starship Troopers), or maybe politicians would not be allowed to own private property of any kind or be involved with any kind of corporate interests, or something. There must be a way!
    formerly [D6]Koobie
    the one and only

  16. #3216
    Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobie View Post
    5) I am not going to argue about point 3 as nobody's going to come out the winner.
    Not everyone here will disagree with you on point 3, I imagine. I disagree with it very strongly, but I was prepared for a civilized exchange on the topic. I make it a point not to attack the person I disagree with.

  17. #3217
    Krokodile XVI would be proud.

    By all means, do voice your opinion. It's just likely I am not going to react to it. Not because I think you will never change my mind, I detest blind conviction, but I ask you this: since the armed coup-de-tat a few years ago, do you think Ukraine is better or worse off, and who was the real winner of this situation?

    I think one fact that people forget that Ukrainians and Russians are the same ethnic people; the language is a bit different, but that's about it. It's really tragic what happened but I think eventually things are going to turn back around precisely because we've so much common history no candy mogul is going to destroy it. Just a tragic, senseless loss of life because of what is essentially a Game of Thrones called international diplomacy.

    Again, I am not sure how engaged I want to become in a discussion about this, but this 2014 Guardian article more or less sums up my feelings on the matter: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-kiev-conflict

    My grandad's brother and his family live in Donetsk, they refused to leave. They get shelled. Things are dire. To be honest, things aren't all that better in Kiev now, with the contract murders and whatnot. I'd be genuinely scared for my life / freedom should I enter Ukraine on the account of my passport alone. They actually cancelled the trains from Hungary to Russia through Ukraine these days. Yes, mercs fight on both sides, and there were real-war-style prisoner exchanges (Russia exchanged the captured helicopter pilot for 2 of our service men who were evidently tortured in custody -- just the opinion of seeing a serviceman in a medical bed slowly saying that he was following orders etc., next cut he's a cast on his arm). War is hell.

    And Syria. Do you know that Syria was one of the most progressive states in the middle East, with a relatively secular government, prosperous, and quite safe, before a civil war that has now cost the lives of 300,000 people?

    What shocks me is that even after the tragedy of 9/11 the apparent support for "moderate" terrorists continues.

    Yes, I support the Syrian government as well, because, as ****ty as some of their tactics have apparently been, bringing it down will turn it into another Libya / Iraq, except much worse. Invasion of Iraq, too ... and the worst of it all is that regular Americans and Iraqis died because of what exactly? Weapons of mass destruction? Did it make the world a better place? Quite the opposite, I think.

    I mean, where are we now? If not for all this middle Eastern destabilization, would we have ISIS by now? Saddam was no saint, but neither were the people who hanged him. I actually saw that video. It's a disgrace. Look at Vietnam. U.S. waged a war for 19 years because "communists are bad, let's kill them" apparently. Traumatizing people from both sides for generations.

    What will stop U.S. from one day going, you know what, we think Finland has too much snow, let's invade?

    So, yes. I do not view U.S. as a peaceful country at all, and now with Donald Trump at the helm, who to me seems to lack any sort of empathy or compassion, as well as long-term planning re: what's better for the planet on the whole, I fear the worst.
    Last edited by Koobie; 07-25-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    formerly [D6]Koobie
    the one and only

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •