Page 362 of 362 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362
Results 14,441 to 14,450 of 14450

Thread: Inauguration Day, Inauguration Hooooooraaay!

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Oh my God. What does it say about American culture that we produce this sort of thing? This feels so wrong to me. I don't blame any of the individuals really, but what's wrong with our society that people do this?
    No idea. What about Asian culture? Has anybody figured out why they like Disney even more than we do? Or was your point not about fetishizing Disney characters so much as the other aspects of the dating site?

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Jones View Post
    No idea. What about Asian culture? Has anybody figured out why they like Disney even more than we do? Or was your point not about fetishizing Disney characters so much as the other aspects of the dating site?
    No idea either. I find Disney worship incomprehensible, so I'm not the person to ask why. I just have a gut feeling that there's something really off about it. Death of god or some ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Oh my God. What does it say about American culture that we produce this sort of thing? This feels so wrong to me. I don't blame any of the individuals really, but what's wrong with our society that people do this?
    To be fair, it is in Utah, so it's heightened.
    sniff

Admiral of Awesome
    I don’t care where you fall on the Huawei dispute, the fact that an American supply boycott can be so disruptive to a foreign interest (no less one that actually works to avoid exposure to that risk) should be extremely concerning to everybody not living in the United States.

Hmm, didn't we oppose all those pesky trade agreements because of those lawsuits foreign companies could file against countries pulling this ****? Does anyone know if America has one of those agreements with China?
    Sorry for the lousy German

Admiral of Awesome
    Other than the WTO, I doubt it, but the US doesn’t honor its treaty obligations so it wouldn’t matter anyway.

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    The FAA is not capable of providing proper oversight due to American political preferences. The rest of the world should no longer recognize FAA type certifications.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eview-complete

Well, hi there

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    Government oversight is literally Stalinism and I will not back down from this true statement.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Real talk though, does the U.S. really even regulate anymore? When was the last major antitrust suit? Microsoft?

Admiral of Awesome
    No, it’s great. If the government cracked down on corporations then you might lose your job, and then you couldn’t afford to treat the rare cancers your employer gave you.