Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Superball
Superball
2017-02-03, 4:07 PM #1
I'm not watching it. I think we're going to go snowboarding. I took my son (and stepdaughter, and wife...) last weekend and he did really well (it was his first time). Maybe it won't be crowded again because everyone wants to see one team beat the other team.
2017-02-03, 5:10 PM #2
I watched some Super Bowl commercials once.
? :)
2017-02-03, 10:12 PM #3
2017-02-04, 2:37 AM #4
I watched the Super Bowl in 2004. It was a close and exciting game. It was also the year of the "wardrobe malfunction".
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-02-04, 9:45 AM #5
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm not watching it. I think we're going to go snowboarding. I took my son (and stepdaughter, and wife...) last weekend and he did really well (it was his first time). Maybe it won't be crowded again because everyone wants to see one team beat the other team.

I haven't done any winter sports. How expensive is a normal trip? I'd like to go before my age starts with a "3".
2017-02-04, 10:29 AM #6
Originally posted by Reid:
I haven't done any winter sports. How expensive is a normal trip? I'd like to go before my age starts with a "3".

Lift tickets can get expensive, but cross country and doing things like snowshoeing are cheaper generally and pretty nice outings too. Also easier first trip since you don't have to embarrass yourself falling down getting off the lift.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-02-04, 7:52 PM #7
For the bunny hill here (which is all you need on your first day) it's $35. Rental gear is $35 for the day. (Board, boots, helmet if you want it)

You need snow pants, jacket, gloves, hat, scarf. Dress in layers. Cheap snow gear from Walmart/target is fine. Or get it second hand. Or borrow it. I'm actually wearing rain pants. You also need goggles. I'd buy a pair from amazon that isn't expensive but has good reviews. Maybe another $35.

Probably worth taking a beginner lesson if you don't have a friend who can instruct you. Here those range from $70 to $140 depending on the day or resort. Or just watch a bunch of YouTube videos.
2017-02-04, 8:08 PM #8
LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA LADY GAGA
2017-02-05, 7:57 PM #9
I watched from the two minute warning until the end, and those were a pretty good five minutes.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-02-05, 10:20 PM #10
Originally posted by Spook:
Lift tickets can get expensive, but cross country and doing things like snowshoeing are cheaper generally and pretty nice outings too. Also easier first trip since you don't have to embarrass yourself falling down getting off the lift.

That doesn't sound dangerous.
2017-02-05, 10:22 PM #11
Originally posted by Brian:
For the bunny hill here (which is all you need on your first day) it's $35. Rental gear is $35 for the day. (Board, boots, helmet if you want it)

You need snow pants, jacket, gloves, hat, scarf. Dress in layers. Cheap snow gear from Walmart/target is fine. Or get it second hand. Or borrow it. I'm actually wearing rain pants. You also need goggles. I'd buy a pair from amazon that isn't expensive but has good reviews. Maybe another $35.

Probably worth taking a beginner lesson if you don't have a friend who can instruct you. Here those range from $70 to $140 depending on the day or resort. Or just watch a bunch of YouTube videos.

Doesn't sound too bad at all, but from where I live it looks like the biggest expenses will be lodgings and travel.
2017-02-06, 4:04 AM #12
It was a good game, tho.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-02-06, 8:18 AM #13
Doesn't sound too bad at all, but from where I live it looks like the biggest expenses will be lodgings and travel.

Yeah; we don't generally stay; we just drive up, snowboard, then drive home. Since I live pretty far it's a full tank of gas for my truck, so about 50 bucks with todays gas prices.
2017-02-06, 8:22 AM #14
Re: superbowl. We got to my folks house to pick up my son just before halftime. I watched Lady Gaga... I liked her eye makeup. It looked like the birds were going to win and I was happy. They were up 28 to 3 or something. So we left to go home. I was cheering for them and there was no way they were going to lose right? The announcer dudes kept saying that no team had ever, in the history of the superbowl, come back from even a 10 point deficit. By the time I got home 30 minutes later the score was tied. W T F. I don't have any TV channels at my house so I watched the rest of the game on my phone. It was totally ridiculous. Overtime reminded me of the last scene in Happy Gilmore. "No... I'll just beat him now."

I like how Marky Mark left early and then blamed his son. Nice.
2017-02-06, 9:28 PM #15
2017. The year Lady Gaga made Superbowl halftime shows great again.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-02-06, 10:18 PM #16
I'm not certain I would call that great.
2017-02-07, 1:06 PM #17
It was the best halftime show in years.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2017-02-08, 5:25 PM #18
That doesn't sound dangerous.

They stop the lift at most places when people fall down, it's just kind of hard to get it right (you have to ski off the chair) until you're comfortable. If you spend some trips getting comfortable on the 'bunny hill' or whatever they call it where you go, it shouldn't be too bad. Cross country will get you fairly comfortable too but it's a little bit different setup.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-02-10, 8:24 PM #19
We took the kids to Disney World, Magic Kingdom. I think the longest we waited in line was about 35 min (fastpass line was actually longer). They have a great deal going on right now for Florida Residence called "Discover Disney". Tickets are ~$50/person/day (3 day minimum). Great deal considering Florida Residence tickets for 1 day off-peak is $97 (plus tax). Going back next weekend to do Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
2017-02-10, 8:29 PM #20
Go on a weekday, durrr

↑ Up to the top!